Vitor Belfort

horrorfan663

Now I will be the first to tell you that i dislike Belfort for my own personal reasons but here is a question, and a serious one at that:

Why does it say on Vitors UFC page that he has good Ground and Submissions???

I am just saying that the guy was Demolished By Tito Ortiz on the ground and while he was on the ground being pumled he wasn't even trying to fight back, all he was doing was lying there.

In fact i don't think He has ever won in the UFC by Submission. haha. Correct me if i am wrong please of course, or tell me of past fights he has won By Sub. or past fights he has been good on the ground in.

UFC Japan: Ultimate Japan 1997 - Vitor defeats Joe Charles via Armbar

PRIDE 13 2001- Vitor defeats Bobby Southworth via Rear Naked Choke

thats it

after havin 27 fights and a black belt in BJJ' date=' thats pretty bad[/quote']

Wanderlei has 44 fights, a black belt and only 1 real submission victory.

some fighters use it so they wont get subbed or be in a position to be subbed.

im a brown belt myself and it is hard during a fight to pull off submissions against skilled opponents, if you look at wandy and vitors records im sure they haven been subbed more then 2-3 times each, its sort of like rashad evans having a bjj black belt, you know you arent gonna see him do a flying armbar or slap on a triangle choke but you know you probably arent gonna see him put in one either

I hope he loses against Silva BUT......He he has only submitted 2 guy's in 19 wins. One by armbar and one by RNC. He has a blackbelt in BJJ under Carlson Gracie. He has good G&P. He relies on his great boxing skills to win most fights. He beat down Wanderlei Silva in 44 seconds!!!! While he was in his prime!!! He has also lost to a lot of good people. He is on a 5 fight win streak and was defeated last by Dan Henderson by decision.

That's all I dug up for you man. He seems to be in top form lately so I hope this loss to Silva Keeps him motivated! lol

Vitor received his BB in BJJ under Carlson Gracie. He does in fact have a legit groundgame.

He just chooses to stand and bang' date=' and has all the tools necessary to do so.[/quote']

Well unless he gets over powered, or put in a bad position then he just gives up.

EX: Randy Couture Vs. Vitor Belfort 1

Tito Ortiz Vs. Vitor Belfort

Well unless he gets over powered' date=' or put in a bad position then he just gives up.

EX: Randy Couture Vs. Vitor Belfort 1

Tito Ortiz Vs. Vitor Belfort[/quote']

In case you didn't know it, but Vitor had more than a few distractions while he was in the UFC the first time. He's said before that back then he didn't even train, and with what happened in his family, I'm surprised he even fought.

He didn't give up in any of his fights, he just didn't have the cardio due to lack of training. Now that he's in the gym and feeling 100% I have a feeling we're gonna see a whole new Vitor, and we got a taste of it against Franklin.

In case you didn't know it' date=' but Vitor had more than a few distractions while he was in the UFC the first time. He's said before that back then he didn't even train, and with what happened in his family, I'm surprised he even fought.

He didn't give up in any of his fights, he just didn't have the cardio due to lack of training. Now that he's in the gym and feeling 100% I have a feeling we're gonna see a whole new Vitor, and we got a taste of it against Franklin.[/quote']

Touche' mi amigo We will just have to see he and Silva meet at UFC 112 then.

Wanderlei has 44 fights' date=' a black belt and only 1 real submission victory.[/quote']

i thought that his bjj was bad too until i re-watched the silva vs rampage II fight. wanderlei tries for some f*cking sick submissions from his back. his bjj in that fight blew me away because i never really saw him use it. i believe in wanderlei's bjj.

I dont think Vitor has got a chance against Silva. I watched a lot of his fights in UFC and Pride and with a few exceptions he lost everytime when he faced someone good and in a dominating fashion. Not that I dont like Vitor he is an exiting fighter but he has nothing on Silva except maybe a punchers chance.

In the last 10 years, Vitor has lost to: Chuck Liddell (in his prime, via decision), Randy Couture (in his prime, via doctor stoppage), Tito Ortiz (in his prime, via split decision), Allistar Overeem twice (who is a much bigger fighter, via RNC, and via decision), and Dan Henderson (via decision).

In the last 10 years, Anderson has lost to: Luiz Azeredo (via split decesion), Daiju Takase (via triangle choke), Ryo Chonan (via flying scissor heel hook, which is still the sickest sub I've ever seen), and Yushin Okami (illegal kick, which really shouldn't count).

It's already been stated that Vitor wasn't even training for some of his fights due to the horrific tragedy he experienced in his personal life. Now he's training with Couture, and looks great.

The only recent like opponent they have is Rich Franklin, who they both handled easily.

IMO Anderson Silva is going to be in trouble for this fight. Silva hasn't faced anybody with the power and explosiveness that Belfort will be showing off. You could argue for Marquardt, but he was inexperienced at the time. You could argue for Henderson, but he doesn't have the hand speed that Belfort has.

I predict that Belfort will throw a flurry at the end of round 1 and stop this fight via TKO.

Wow on names sake this looks like the sickest matchup, ... in mma reality it may not be that good. you see both guys are counter fighters and the trouble with that being that anderson only needs to defend his title so there will be no show boating like the forrest fight, vitor will wait for anderson to make a move, anderson waits for vitor to make a move (lots of dancing in the ring) reminicence of the thalis leitis fight boring, i hope vitor realises that he will have to draw anderson in to an exchange before he can counter, the fight has the real making of being either one of the most phenominal matches we will ever see or a tactical 3 round yawn fest with each fighter trying to counter the other, i hope its the first.

Wow on names sake this looks like the sickest matchup' date=' ... in mma reality it may not be that good. you see both guys are counter fighters and the trouble with that being that anderson only needs to defend his title so there will be no show boating like the forrest fight, vitor will wait for anderson to make a move, anderson waits for vitor to make a move (lots of dancing in the ring) reminicence of the thalis leitis fight boring, i hope vitor realises that he will have to draw anderson in to an exchange before he can counter, the fight has the real making of being either one of the most phenominal matches we will ever see or a tactical 3 round yawn fest with each fighter trying to counter the other, i hope its the first.[/quote']

I wouldn't consider Vitor a counter fighter. He is always moving forward. Machida is a counter fighter. Vitor is the aggressor.

Wow on names sake this looks like the sickest matchup' date=' ... in mma reality it may not be that good. you see both guys are counter fighters and the trouble with that being that anderson only needs to defend his title so there will be no show boating like the forrest fight, vitor will wait for anderson to make a move, anderson waits for vitor to make a move (lots of dancing in the ring) reminicence of the thalis leitis fight boring, i hope vitor realises that he will have to draw anderson in to an exchange before he can counter, the fight has the real making of being either one of the most phenominal matches we will ever see or a tactical [b']3 round [/b]yawn fest with each fighter trying to counter the other, i hope its the first.

Pretty sure its 5 rounds and i doubt it will be the Laites fight, Vitor is not just going to backflop onto the canvas like Thales did, or the same fate will await him. (Pink Slip)

old Vitor was mentally weak but now he has found Jesus in his life oh dear lord Jesus' date=' we will see where his Jesus is when Andersons shin is connecting with his jaw.[/quote']

Vitor was mentally weak because he had no cardio because he did not train. I think he actually was physically breaking, not mentally. Plus he is in his physical and mental fighting prime.

I dont know about Vitors mental barrier. All I know is that he was completly dominated by Henderson on the ground. And Alistair owned him in the standup and that was when Owereem wasnt as good as he is today. Vitor has two really good wins. One against Wanderlei and most recently against Franklin. And even here you could say that Wandy was at the beginning of his carrer and Franklin just got caught. I bealive that if someone loses against most of the top competition he isnt top competition. Out of all the three Nate, Vitor and Hendo I bealive Vitor has the smallest chance of beating Anderson.

I dont know about Vitors mental barrier. All I know is that he was completly dominated by Henderson on the ground. And Alistair owned him in the standup and that was when Owereem wasnt as good as he is today. Vitor has two really good wins. One against Wanderlei and most recently against Franklin. And even here you could say that Wandy was at the beginning of his carrer and Franklin just got caught. I bealive that if someone loses against most of the top competition he isnt top competition. Out of all the three Nate' date=' Vitor and Hendo I bealive Vitor has the smallest chance of beating Anderson.[/quote']

this ^

Vitor will get beat down. PERIOD... this will not be the big technical fight people think, this wont be Andersons tough test, NONE OF THAT. this will be Anderson showing the world that Vitor beating Franklin was a fluke and that he doesn't belong in the ring with him.

this ^

Vitor will get beat down. PERIOD... this will not be the big technical fight people think' date=' this wont be Andersons tough test, NONE OF THAT. this will be Anderson showing the world that Vitor beating Franklin was a fluke and that he doesn't belong in the ring with him.[/quote']

Agreed. Anderson has a big advantage over Vitor in standup and on the ground. Plus he has got a big reach advantage. I cant see Vitor beating Anderson any other way than with a lucky punch.

Archived