Do u belive Kimbo make it to UFC top 10 ranking after training Americas top team??

MrDevil

No but HELL no. I'm not a Kimbo hater. Especially seeing the kind of guy he was on TUF. He didn't come off as the arrogant ****y fighter I presumed him to be after seeing his fight on Youtube. He seemed to be a really cool and humble guy and so because of that I'll always root for him in a fight. But IMO he seems far to old to ever make to Randy Couture status. The guy is like in his...what?...Early 30's? And he still has lightyears to go to improve on his ground game. And even on his stand up. He's gotten way better, but he still needs a lot of work. And in the time he has until he can't fight anymore, I don't think he'll ever be champion or top 10. But it'll be great to see him fight while his career lasts.

He has to get past Mitrione first' date=' I can see alot of leg kicks coming I hope Kimbo is prepared for that, if not it could be a short career for him:)[/quote']

Throwing leg kicks to the knee can damage your shin and or foot. Your shin bone is sensitive which is why when you check a kick you do so with your own shinbone (better than taking it on the thigh) But it hurts the person throwing the kick cause their shin is hitting a bone vs hitting muscle which is squishy.

Throwing leg kicks to the knee can damage your shin and or foot. Your shin bone is sensitive which is why when you check a kick you do so with your own shinbone (better than taking it on the thigh) But it hurts the person throwing the kick cause their shin is hitting a bone vs hitting muscle which is squishy.

he wouldnt have to kick the knee though, kicking the lower area of the leg will mess up the knee its self. But im with you on that checking kicks and kicking elbows. knees and shins kill, even more so if you catch it with your foot.

he wouldnt have to kick the knee though' date=' kicking the lower area of the leg will mess up the knee its self. But im with you on that checking kicks and kicking elbows. knees and shins kill, even more so if you catch it with your foot.[/quote']

Im sure you meant lower part of the thigh not the leg as the lower part of your leg is the shin anyhow.

I can see Kimbo checking alot of kicks daily working with american top team but who knows. IMO if he works the checking and defencive BJJ enough he could probobly be top 20 HW eventually.

(EDIT) also the lower the kick is thrown the easier it is to check as you dont have to raise your leg as far up to block. Also look at how much Kimbo showed Grecko wise when he fought houston. i never thought I'de see kimbo lift up and slam somone.

No but HELL no. I'm not a Kimbo hater. Especially seeing the kind of guy he was on TUF. He didn't come off as the arrogant ****y fighter I presumed him to be after seeing his fight on Youtube. He seemed to be a really cool and humble guy and so because of that I'll always root for him in a fight. But IMO he seems far to old to ever make to Randy Couture status. The guy is like in his...what?...Early 30's? And he still has lightyears to go to improve on his ground game. And even on his stand up. He's gotten way better' date=' but he still needs a lot of work. And in the time he has until he can't fight anymore, I don't think he'll ever be champion or top 10. But it'll be great to see him fight while his career lasts.[/quote']

+1 good post

Yes I think Kimbo will easily make it to top ten in the lightheavy weight divisoin. He is dropping down to 205 where he will be stronger and he wants to learn. I don't think he will ever get a belt though. When Machida does lose Anderson Silva will get the lightheavy weight belt.

that's machida losing it couldn't wouldn't ever happen in this life or in just real life

I'm worried about this guy seems to have an unhealthy obsession.

I think kimbo might surprise us but you guys are right he has a lot working against him. All we can hope for is some entertaining fights. Maybe an opponent that doesn't circle for the entire first round.

Im sure you meant lower part of the thigh not the leg as the lower part of your leg is the shin anyhow.

I can see Kimbo checking alot of kicks daily working with american top team but who knows. IMO if he works the checking and defencive BJJ enough he could probobly be top 20 HW eventually.

(EDIT) also the lower the kick is thrown the easier it is to check as you dont have to raise your leg as far up to block. Also look at how much Kimbo showed Grecko wise when he fought houston. i never thought I'de see kimbo lift up and slam somone.

Yeah the slams was better, but you see that in street fights but it doesnt mean they know skills. I think if it was not for his "name" he would never be in the ufc based on skill level. But credit it to him for trying but i dont think he has the skillset. On the show they talked him up as being a fast learner but to me its all hype. He has been training mma for 4years no and has no ground game still. As i mentioned before BJ got his blackbelt in less time.

And yeah sorry i did mean lower thigh. And i agree with checking the kicks but i think it depends how bad his knee is, as if its really bad checking kicks will still hurt the knee because of the impact.

not a chance' date=' he still has no ground game and i dont think he will. He has no kicks and has a bum knee. Lets not forget he has been training the ground for 4-5years now. BJ and some others got a black belt in that time.[/quote']

You have to understand, though, BJ Penn is considered a prodigy for a reason. Even the fastest schools, if you train hard and often, take about 6 years to get a black belt. This is with the capacity to pick up all of the required techniques quickly. Some schools take 10-12 years.

On topic though, I like Kimbo, and I'd love to see him go far, because he's got the humility and the will to get better. But - and it's a big but - I just don't look at him and see a top fighter, or someone, like a few people have said, who can improve enough with what's left of his fighting days, to reach that next level.

He's definitely a fan favorite, and an inspiration, but I just don't think that raw potential that a lot of new fighters have, and you can just see when you watch them fight (i.e. Jon Jones) is there.

Yes I think Kimbo will easily make it to top ten in the lightheavy weight divisoin. He is dropping down to 205 where he will be stronger and he wants to learn. I don't think he will ever get a belt though. When Machida does lose Anderson Silva will get the lightheavy weight belt.

Is there a link to information Kimbo is dropping to 205? As far as I have seen he is fighting Mitrione at HW.

Archived