Sportsmanlike & unsportsmanlike act

raffy_handsome

Who do you think is the winner & looser of sportsmanlike or unsportsmanlike act in the UFC. Here's my opinion.

Winner - Marquadt, after he gives Maia the right, he looks to the referee and ask if he should continue coz he know Maia is already lights out and further hit to the man will be unnecessary.

Loser - Hendo (Although he's not in UFC anymore), he continue to hit Bisping while the guy is on the ground sleeping.

I personally thought Anderson was more unsportsmanlike in what he did - taunting Forrest' date=' putting his hands down and sticking his chin than Forrest running out of the octagon IMO.[/quote']

He was showing what he was capable of. Reminds me of "it's not bragging (or arrogance) if you get away with it".

I think there's something Roy Jones like about Anderson, if that makes sense.

I'm sorry but everybody knows what he is capable of. When Nate Diaz does this he's an arrogant d bag but when Anderson does it he's just showing how talented he is...? I don't get it.

When does Nate Diaz outclass his opponents on his feet? when was the last time you saw somebody step up a weight class and destroy a former champion like that?

From what i've seen of Nate Diaz, he does it in completely different situations. For me, it's more disrespectful to offer you opponent a hand up after knocking them down - just to knock them down again. Stinks of easy.

Unsportsmanlike - Brock flipping off the crowd

Sportsmanlike - Fighters who go over to check on opponents they have just beaten (happens a lot' date=' and I really like it when fighters respect each other)[/quote']

It depends, I get the feeling that some are just doing a cursory bit of respect. Sometimes when somebodies been KO'd I like to see them not rush over and get in their face. I also like it when it seems genuine.

HAHAHAHAHA.... A Lesnar supporter trying to make a thread about other fighters being unsportsman like. That is irony at it's best.

Unsportman like- BROCK LESNAR BEING THE ONLY MMA FIGHTER EVER TO PUBLIC DISS THE EVENTS MAJOR SPONSOR. All the while disrespecting his opponent, the crowd and his wife.

Sportman like- Genki Sudo, everytime he KO'd someone or submitted them he wouldn't leave their area till they were able to recover to their feet with his help.

It depends' date=' I get the feeling that some are just doing a cursory bit of respect. Sometimes when somebodies been KO'd I like to see them not rush over and get in their face. I also like it when it seems genuine.[/quote']

I think you can pretty much tell when its genuine, but I agree I do not like it when they taunt an opponent who is down. When someone goes off and celebrates away from the downed opponent I dont mind that, but I cant stand when someone taunts someone they just knocked out

When does Nate Diaz outclass his opponents on his feet? when was the last time you saw somebody step up a weight class and destroy a former champion like that?

From what i've seen of Nate Diaz' date=' he does it in completely different situations. For me, it's more disrespectful to offer you opponent a hand up after knocking them down - just to knock them down again. Stinks of easy.[/quote']

You also have to look at it from a clear perspective. Nate Diaz is a firey, emotional, young fighter. He taunts to get his opponent off of his game. Anderson on the other hand, is a veteran fighter and a champion who is NOT very emotionally driven when he fights. Him offering to help Forrest up in the middle of the fight was very disrespectful. He did it out of sarcasm, pretty much like " you know you're not on my level, let me help you up after rocking you, so I can showboat and then KO you."

I'm sorry but everybody knows what he is capable of. When Nate Diaz does this he's an arrogant d bag but when Anderson does it he's just showing how talented he is...? I don't get it.

I agree with you on this but the reason Anderson did it in the first place is because he like to appease his fans and knew how upset they had been with him for his previous performances (Leites and Cote). I don't think that you can compare the two because Silva has respect, he's always shaking hands, bowing, etc.etc. Diaz on the otherhand is a D Bag, who, whether he believe's it or not could probably not KO a fly.

Alot show sportmanship.

Aoki is a scumbag for his recent fight. Breaking a bone then giving the finger to the crowd and over his opponnent. Which strikes me as odd because they were real respectful in the center of the octagon before the start of the fight. So why taunt like that.

Not sure why you would single out Hendo unless you're a Brit because we see this nearly every UFC event. Rampage got four punches in on Wandy after knocking him out clean.

hardly singling out henderson is it ? im a brit but dan henderson is one of my favourite mma fighters and i think everyone knew as soon as that punch connected that bisping was out, plus after the fight henderson said he did it because he talked to much.

Interesting thoughts. What I meant from people getting in their face after getting KO'd was even people who are 'apparently' (only a few are so obvious) concerned for their opponent going up straight away.

But it does depend and who am I to talk. As an example, IMO Frank Mir is one of these. I also think that he makes out that he doesn't really concern himself with fan's opinion but he is aware of it.

(conspiracy)

Uhmm... Bisping had that second shot comming. And the fighters should go until they are stopped, thats there job. But Nate Marquardt (sorry for the spelling) did do Mia a favor in not hitting him anymore after he was knocked off of his feet, sent into the feedle possition while still in the air, and landing with his thumb in his mouth lol

Alot show sportmanship.

Aoki is a scumbag for his recent fight. Breaking a bone then giving the finger to the crowd and over his opponnent. Which strikes me as odd because they were real respectful in the center of the octagon before the start of the fight. So why taunt like that.

First of all, you don't know what was said before the fight unless you speak Japanese. Coulda been a Japanese version of Mir/Lesnar 2 fight hype. Plus his opponent knew he was done and refused to tap, he deserved to have his arm broken. Much like Congo/Mir when a fighter refuses to tap even though they know there is no possible way to get out of whatever they're in, is itself a sign of disrespect.

HAHAHAHAHA.... A Lesnar supporter trying to make a thread about other fighters being unsportsman like. That is irony at it's best.

Unsportman like- BROCK LESNAR BEING THE ONLY MMA FIGHTER EVER TO PUBLIC DISS THE EVENTS MAJOR SPONSOR. All the while disrespecting his opponent' date=' the crowd and his wife.

Sportman like- Genki Sudo, everytime he KO'd someone or submitted them he wouldn't leave their area till they were able to recover to their feet with his help.[/quote']

I can't understand why Brock is more unsportsmanlike due to his act like that, you see Hendo hit a guy who's asleep and can't defend himself, he might paralyze or injured the guy permanently. While the only pain that Brock can incurred is on our ears, when we hear all those words he said after the Mir fight.

Sportsman - Anyone who checks on an opponent after fight and shakes hands, no matter what's been said before the fight.

Unsporting - making throatslit/digging graves gestures/ saying i told you so/ while someone is lying on the floor waiting for the ambulance. Bad form.

They are meant to be pro atheletes not bar room brawlers.

I very much agree that Diaz is a d bag and I'm a ginormous Silva fan but can understand why he gets booed sometimes because he fights fan favorites - Forrest' date=' Rich, Hendo - and by playing games in the octagon he alienates his opponents sometimes and turns off their fans.[/quote']

I'm in no way trying to argue with you but I'm pretty sure he didn't get booed in those fights nearly as much as the Cote and Leites fights. I agree his (Silva's) antics are a little over the top, i just don't see it as being disrespectful as much as others. Did you see the look of dissapointment in his face when Cote went down and he wasn't able to finish him, he truly gives off the impression that he cares what the fans think and that he wants to put on exciting fights. Ed Soares just stated in an interview that Silva will be fighting for a couple more years in superfights, fights the fans want to see.

Examples of Sportsmanlike - GSP, Marquardt

Examples of Unsportsmanlike - Diaz, Lesnar and BJ (although he's definetly getting better)

Who do you think is the winner & looser of sportsmanlike or unsportsmanlike act in the UFC. Here's my opinion.

Winner - Marquadt' date=' after he gives Maia the right, he looks to the referee and ask if he should continue coz he know Maia is already lights out and further hit to the man will be unnecessary.

Loser - Hendo (Although he's not in UFC anymore), he continue to hit Bisping while the guy is on the ground sleeping.[/quote']

First off, if you want to look at history - as a previous poster stated, Rampage hit Wandy FOUR times with the ref ON HIS BACK. Yeah, Hendo probably should have pulled that punch - but if you think Nate is more sportsmanlike, you don't know MMA. Nate used performance enhancers to gain an unfair advantage over his competition (save me the sob story about steroids in supplements, it's simply a cop out - Nate cheated and got busted AND suspended) which is as UNsportsmanlike as you can get.

Nate cheated. GSP's corner cheated. Both in Greg Jackson's "camp of the year". I guess cheaters DO prosper...

(and if you want things that were just as bad as what Hendo did, Penn held his RNC on Pulver for two seconds too long, anytime Brock is in the ring, Anderson Silva showboating, Evans showboating - those are ALL unsportsmanlike things to do...)

I'm in no way trying to argue with you but I'm pretty sure he didn't get booed in those fights nearly as much as the Cote and Leites fights. I agree his (Silva's) antics are a little over the top' date=' i just don't see it as being disrespectful as much as others. Did you see the look of dissapointment in his face when Cote went down and he wasn't able to finish him, he truly gives off the impression that he cares what the fans think and that he wants to put on exciting fights. Ed Soares just stated in an interview that Silva will be fighting for a couple more years in superfights, fights the fans want to see.

Examples of Sportsmanlike - GSP, Marquardt

Examples of Unsportsmanlike - Diaz, Lesnar and BJ (although he's definetly getting better)[/quote']

This is funny. You must be related to Greg Jackson...

1. GSP's corner cheated, and then he lied about it. Not very sportsmanlike.

2. Nate used steroids to gain an unfair advantage. Definitely NOT sportsmanlike.

Nice try though Greg Jackson...

I can't understand why Brock is more unsportsmanlike due to his act like that' date=' you see Hendo hit a guy who's asleep and can't defend himself, he might paralyze or injured the guy permanently. While the only pain that Brock can incurred is on our ears, when we hear all those words he said after the Mir fight.[/quote']

With Hendo it was a bang bang thing. With Brock, it's after EVERY one of his fights. He's a jerk. Hendo isn't (other than Dana White calling Hendo ugly - which in itself is ironic you won't hear ANYONE in MMA badmouth Hendo. Even Bisping said he would have done the same thing. You fight until the ref stops it. What Rampage did against Wandy was MUCH more unsporstmanlike - but it's clear you hate Hendo. You must be related to Dana White...

I can't understand why Brock is more unsportsmanlike due to his act like that' date=' you see Hendo hit a guy who's asleep and can't defend himself, he might paralyze or injured the guy permanently. While the only pain that Brock can incurred is on our ears, when we hear all those words he said after the Mir fight.[/quote']

Both were disrespectful but Lesnar literally alienated everyone he could. He gave the finger to the fans (the ones that pay for him to make $400,000 a show), the UFC's main sponsor (who also helps him make $400,000 a show), Frank Mir (who he just TKO'd) and was disrespectful to his own wife on a national PPV.

I'm not defending Hendo (He did know he was out) but it was to shut a guy up who had literally been talking **** for months prior and the ref had not stepped in yet. Okay i guess Mir was talking **** too, but what did the fans do to Lesnar?

Both were disrespectful but Lesnar literally alienated everyone he could. He gave the finger to the fans (the ones that pay for him to make $400' date='000 a show), the UFC's main sponsor (who also helps him make $400,000 a show), Frank Mir (who he just TKO'd) and was disrespectful to his own wife on a national PPV.

I'm not defending Hendo (He did know he was out) but it was to shut a guy up who had literally been talking **** for months prior and the ref had not stepped in yet. Okay i guess Mir was talking **** too, but what did the fans do to Lesnar?[/quote']

Let me guess, you are a yankee Bisping hater. Mir is the most arrogant fighter in the world in the build up to a fight so Brock talking a little **** back after beating him is wrong but Hendo frog splashing on Bisping while he is out isn't?

let me guess' date=' you are a yankee bisping hater. Mir is the most arrogant fighter in the world in the build up to a fight so brock talking a little **** back after beating him is wrong but hendo frog splashing on bisping while he is out isn't?[/quote']

the fight hadn't been stopped yet!!! Bisping loving red coat!

Let me guess' date=' you are a yankee Bisping hater. Mir is the most arrogant fighter in the world in the build up to a fight so Brock talking a little **** back after beating him is wrong but Hendo frog splashing on Bisping while he is out isn't?[/quote']

Actually i'm Canadian and you don't stop until the ref stops the fight as you don't want the person to recover. I'm pretty sure that Lesnar talked **** after the ref had stopped it. Not quite the same thing and i'm not defending Hendo either but you fight until the ref stops it, that's why they're there.

This is funny. You must be related to Greg Jackson...

1. GSP's corner cheated' date=' and then he lied about it. Not very sportsmanlike.

2. Nate used steroids to gain an unfair advantage. Definitely NOT sportsmanlike.

Nice try though Greg Jackson...[/quote']

Fair enough about the Nate thing but GSP didn't cheat or the win would've been stripped from his record

Both were disrespectful but Lesnar literally alienated everyone he could. He gave the finger to the fans (the ones that pay for him to make $400' date='000 a show), the UFC's main sponsor (who also helps him make $400,000 a show), Frank Mir (who he just TKO'd) and was disrespectful to his own wife on a national PPV.

I'm not defending Hendo (He did know he was out) but it was to shut a guy up who had literally been talking **** for months prior and the ref had not stepped in yet. Okay i guess Mir was talking **** too, but what did the fans do to Lesnar?[/quote']

So you're saying Hendo hit him more because he talked too much? Sounds pretty unsporting to me.

Hendo hitting him twice was not disrespectful, as Kevbo said. But talking after about how he only did it to shut him up (which I don't think is true, I think it was fighter instinct) was the more disrespectful thing imo.

Hendo is not a bad sportsman though, anyone who gets interviewed enough about a topic will end up saying something controversial - a la Bisping.

So you're saying Hendo hit him more because he talked too much? Sounds pretty unsporting to me.

Hendo hitting him twice was not disrespectful' date=' as Kevbo said. But talking after about how he only did it to shut him up (which I don't think is true, I think it was fighter instinct) was the more disrespectful thing imo.

Hendo is not a bad sportsman though, anyone who gets interviewed enough about a topic will end up saying something controversial - a la Bisping.[/quote']

Yeah i've said it a few times now, what Hendo did was unsportsmanlike but the ref needs to step in and stop the fight. That's what they're paid to do. Other than GSP the will all say something controversial, that i will agree on.

Yeah i've said it a few times now' date=' what Hendo did was unsportsmanlike but the ref needs to step in and stop the fight. That's what they're paid to do. Other than GSP the will all say something controversial, that i will agree on.[/quote']

True, GSP is the most humble man in the UFC. A great ambassador for the sport.

Before anyone starts, he was aquitted of any wrongdoing in the BJ massacre.

I personally thought Anderson was more unsportsmanlike in what he did - taunting Forrest' date=' putting his hands down and sticking his chin than Forrest running out of the octagon IMO.[/quote']

I think this makes Forrest the one with the unsportsmanlike act. Running out of the octagon. Come on. At least Anderson tried to help him back to his feet after knocking his *** down.

I think this makes Forrest the one with the unsportsmanlike act. Running out of the octagon. Come on. At least Anderson tried to help him back to his feet after knocking his *** down.

to me it seems more like tauntin when he doesnt want to go to the ground and he puts he hands down to help him up..

From what i've seen of Nate Diaz' date=' he does it in completely different situations. For me, it's more disrespectful to offer you opponent a hand up after knocking them down - just to knock them down again. Stinks of easy.[/quote']

he did well against manyard mate

i think they where both direspectful but dan disrespected mike brock disrespected mir the fans the ufc the sponsers and his wife who probably liked it because she is a nasty little biznich! imo brock is the biggest pile of shiz in the ufc and if he gets kod by mir or carwin i hope they land a few extra on his oversized underbrained dome piece

ME LOVES ME SPINACH!!!

Archived