Gsp fact not fiction

aethlefirth

GSP FACT NOT FICTION AN EDUCATION IN MMA FOR THE MORE RETARDED AMONG YOU.

SO we have had what 1000000000000000000000000000 threads about how GSP lays and prays and how he is boring and never stands up anymore so here’s one that goes against the flow.

1. GSP never stands any more he just wants to take people down.

The fact that this statement is laughable aside why the hell should he have to stand when we know one of his key strengths is wrestling and he can take anyone down at will even one of the greatest fighters to have ever fought in MMA BJ PENN,BJ is one of the hardest guys to take down yet GSP was able to take him down at will which in the second fight GSP said was his game plan, he said he knew that BJ had great power in his hands so he wanted to keep him on the ground and make him tire out his shoulders therefore reduce his striking ability.

I don’t see what the problem is with that it’s an intelligent use of strategy when faced with an opponent with a great strength take that strength away, it’s not like he lays on them please please take a look at those recent fights, there is the strike the takedown then he is up and pounding them he’s not like rashad he doesn’t just lay on them he is inflicting damage and if you don’t think so I will post a couple of pics, let’s face it TITO spent both fights against chuck trying to prove he was a better fighter by spending the whole time trying to strike with Liddell and we all know how that worked out for him, it’s about winning the fight not standing and trading that would be boxing and I think that all you fools who keep going on about GSP not standing anymore should quit watching MMA it’s not for you go watch boxing its more your thing now go jog on.

2. GSP doesn’t finish fights

OH dear 21 fights 8 KO’s 5 subs 6 decisions 2 losses

So from his 19 wins only 6 have gone to the score cards and only one of those wasn’t unanimous which makes 13 stopped opponents that’s pretty good by anyone’s standards so where they get the above from I don’t know, then there is the two losses, MATT HUGHES well easy to say it was early days in his career and all those wonderful excuses but that aside he has now beaten HUGHES twice very convincingly and then there is MATT SERRA a fluke loss that was proved by the total destruction of SERRA in the return fight, so he has lost twice and avenged the losses and then some. They also state that he has been boring and not stopped anyone since the first Serra fight! Ok let’s look at that shall we

6 fights 6 wins 3 decisions 2 TKO’s and 1 sub so a 50% stoppage rate and he didn’t stop who exactly? FITCH, this guy got stopped only twice, once in his first fight by submission so may have been down to inexperience and then a tko by way of a knee and came to GSP with a 16fight win streak, KOSCHECK who only two sub losses and one tko loss and came with a 5 fight win streak, ALVES only one tko loss to Fitch and 3 sub losses but let’s face it was coming in with a seven fight winning streak, not exactly pushovers.

Just a couple of points that have pissed me off.

motivator559591f01c235151b23085ad2b.jpg[/img]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who bash GSP, (mostly BJ fans) love to bring up how he doesn't finish people. They compare him to Penn who they praise for exciting finishes but I can guarantee you that if St. Pierre was fighting opponents of the same caliber in the LW divison his fights would not be going the distance either. Joe Stevenson, Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian? I mean no disrespect but you can't even compare these guys to the talent at welterweight.

If you look at the fight metrics he is very accurate with his striking, his ground and pound is vicious, his takedown attempts are the most successful in the sport, he arguably has the best MMA adapted wrestling, his cardio and athleticism is phenomenal...I could go on and on but I think you get the point. GSP is on every analysts and experts list of P4P contenders. Nobody with any knowledge or understanding of MMA would call him boring.

People who bash GSP' date=' [i'](mostly BJ fans[/i]) love to bring up how he doesn't finish people. They compare him to Penn who they praise for exciting finishes but I can guarantee you that if St. Pierre was fighting opponents of the same caliber in the LW divison his fights would not be going the distance either. Joe Stevenson, Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian? I mean no disrespect but you can't even compare these guys to the talent at welterweight.

If you look at the fight metrics he is very accurate with his striking, his ground and pound is vicious, his takedown attempts are the most successful in the sport, he arguably has the best MMA adapted wrestling, his cardio and athleticism is phenomenal...I could go on and on but I think you get the point. GSP is on every analysts and experts list of P4P contenders. Nobody with any knowledge or understanding of MMA would call him boring.

I don't call him boring, but no one can say he is not LnP or you are just kidding yourselves. If GSP fought BJ at LW he wouldn't get him on the ground and BJ wouldn't gas. The fight would be a completely different story. Unfortunately GSP is too big to be a LW and will probably go to MW soon.

If GSP fought BJ at LW he wouldn't get him on the ground and BJ wouldn't gas. The fight would be a completely different story. Unfortunately GSP is too big to be a LW and will probably go to MW soon.

Don't you people ever get tired of making excuses for BJ? He asked for the fight at welterweight, he talked smack, he was extremely confident and he got his **** thoroughly handed to him. Just accept it, GSP is superior to Penn and that's all there is to it.

People who bash GSP' date=' [i'](mostly BJ fans[/i]) love to bring up how he doesn't finish people. They compare him to Penn who they praise for exciting finishes but I can guarantee you that if St. Pierre was fighting opponents of the same caliber in the LW divison his fights would not be going the distance either. Joe Stevenson, Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian? I mean no disrespect but you can't even compare these guys to the talent at welterweight.

Nicely said. GSP is the best Mixed Martial Artist in the sport.

Don't you people ever get tired of making excuses for BJ? He asked for the fight at welterweight' date=' he talked smack, he was extremely confident and he got his **** thoroughly handed to him. Just accept it, GSP is superior to Penn and that's all there is to it.[/quote']

LOL nice way to attempt to change the subject but I stick to my original post until I get a non biased reasonable response.

Nowadays he does the minimum possible to pull of the win' date=' Fitch fought back so he was forced to step his game up.[/quote']

I don't call him boring' date=' but no one can say he is not LnP or you are just kidding yourselves. If GSP fought BJ at LW he wouldn't get him on the ground and BJ wouldn't gas. The fight would be a completely different story. Unfortunately GSP is too big to be a LW and will probably go to MW soon.[/quote']

This.

I agree with everything exsept how easy he took Penn down. I dont know what fight you watched... but he didnt just shoot and take penn down. He had Penn pressed against the cage for a good bit working for most of them take downs. Penn would go down but GSP was working to get it there. I dont know why or what its called but Penn kept pulling his foot over to the other leg and positioning it above his knee (which seemed to help him avoid being taken down so easy). I remember thinking "Penns now on one leg and foot why in the **** isn't GSP able to take him down!"

Some one exsplain what he was doing and why it works

LOL nice way to attempt to change the subject but I stick to my original post until I get a non biased reasonable response.

Really' date=' a Penn fan is asking for a non biased reasonable response?

That's amusing.

Okay, here you are. I think GSP would beat Penn at whatever weight they fought at. From what I've seen throughout their careers GSP has evolved and improved more than BJ has. I also think he has a better work ethic and is mentally tougher than BJ. I also believe that GSP has been facing far tougher opponents ([i']including BJ[/i]) while Penn has been looking great against TUF alumni, most of who are failed welterweights who dropped down in a desperate attempt to salvage their careers. I sincerely believe that Penn would lose to any top 5 welterweight because the division is so much deeper than LW.

I used to be a huge fan of BJ Penn but his pre & post fight antics along with his letting the fans down by quitting during a fight have made me realize that he has no heart, no honor and if he wants to continue to look good he needs to stay at lightweight fighting mid-level caliber opponents.

That's amusing.

Okay, here you are. I think GSP would beat Penn at whatever weight they fought at. From what I've seen throughout their careers GSP has evolved and improved more than BJ has. I also think he has a better work ethic and is mentally tougher than BJ. I also believe that GSP has been facing far tougher opponents ([i']including BJ[/i]) while Penn has been looking great against TUF alumni, most of who are failed welterweights who dropped down in a desperate attempt to salvage their careers. I sincerely believe that Penn would lose to any top 5 welterweight because the division is so much deeper than LW.

I used to be a huge fan of BJ Penn but his pre & post fight antics along with his letting the fans down by quitting during a fight have made me realize that he has no heart, no honor and if he wants to continue to look good he needs to stay at lightweight fighting mid-level caliber opponents.

Let me start by saying im a GSP fan not a Penn fan. Im also a realist... and realisticly speaking (well typing) Penn DESTROYS everybody in his devision. Destroys them to where they can't continue... and does so while looking like he never broke a sweat or got hit.

GSP has been going to decisions... and although his victims look like they were beaten with blunt objects, they are still fighting. Their spirit, their cardio, their drive is still there. These guys all want rematches with GSP... because they think they can win now.

These guys who lose to Penn want NO parts of BJ again. Sanchez is going back up to WW for crying out loud!

That's amusing.

Would you shuttup about BJ already? I am talking about GSP in general. That was one example, I can give many more if you like.

I don't call him boring' date=' but no one can say he is not LnP or you are just kidding yourselves. If GSP fought BJ at LW he wouldn't get him on the ground and BJ wouldn't gas. The fight would be a completely different story. Unfortunately GSP is too big to be a LW and will probably go to MW soon.[/quote']

I just dont understand the Lnp accusation, he isnt JUST a wrestler, he beats your head in with elbows and hammerfists, similiar to Tito, like mark coleman, and on and on, how is that considerd lay and pray , .. he's always tryin to get to a better position, and why stop doing the winning strategy, why play into your opponents gameplan, ..you dont strike with a striker and u usualy dont wrestle a wrestler, cuz then your gonna get beat.. its just common sence, but to say GSP only lay's and prays is ridiculous, as i've said once before, he's knocked out some of the best in WW , he's choked out some of the very best, and made BOTH BJ and Matt serra throw in the towel and say no more cuz i've been beat down.. props to Serra he took the beating like a man , and said no ill will, it was a good fight, he lost, thumbs up, unlike the other crying how he's greased , juiced etc etc, .. and if you want a good laugh , watch this lol http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Georges_St_Pierre_vs_BJ_Penn_III?vid=10003299&tid=102

Lets see... Sanchez takes Fitch to a SPLIT DECISION and Kos to a Decision. I quess he is a weak opponent.:rolleyes:

Oh wait... GSP took them to decisions too.

You arent making sense... but i think you already know that

Oh boy, so Sanchez lost to two fighters that GSP decisively beat...well that most certainly proves that Diego is better or just as good as the competition at welterweight!

Oh is my face red!

Please don't humiliate me anymore with your superior powers of reason.

Oh boy' date=' so Sanchez lost to two fighters that GSP decisively beat...well that most certainly proves that Diego is better or just as good as the competition at welterweight!

Oh is my face red!

Please don't humiliate me anymore with your superior powers of reason.[/quote']

OK... OK... ill use laymen terms for you. Sanchez can hang with the top guys at 170. (KOS and FITCH) are at the top of the 170 mountian. Ill give you a minute...

You good...

Penn DESTROYS Sanchez... something the top guys at 170 COULD NOT do.

Do you see where this is going? Or should i continue?

OK... OK... ill use laymen terms for you. Sanchez can hang with the top guys at 170. (KOS and FITCH) are at the top of the 170 mountian. Ill give you a minute...

You good...

Penn DESTROYS Sanchez... something the top guys at 170 COULD NOT do.

Do you see where this is going? Or should i continue?

I bet I could lose the top guys at 170 too...does that mean that I can "hang" with them :)

The lightweight division is a joke.

I don't call him boring' date=' but no one can say he is not LnP or you are just kidding yourselves..[/quote']

I'm curious if you consider anyone who takes the fight to the ground is Lay and Pray or if you even understand the definition of that term.

LnP is what Rashad did with Thiago Silva or Randy was doing with Vera. Taking someone down or pushing them onto the cage and doing little to no damage once they get the fight there.Laying in their opponents guard until the ref either stands the fighters up for lack of action or their opponent forces the fight back to a standing position. A LnP fighter spends a majority of their time sitting in the opponents full guard doing nothing hoping to win a decision on take down points.

GSP is the premier example of modern day Ground and Pound. He is continually working, has shown he can and does pass pretty much any ones guard at will and inflicts high levels of damage every time he puts someone on their backs. He dropped Thiago twice with strikes in their fight and I lost count of the times with Fitch.

You saying his not finishing of Fitch and Alves is a lack of effort or skill on GSPs part is frankly insulting to those fighters and sells short the high level of talent and heart they brought to the fight.

Does that mean you also think BJ was a can not worthy of stepping into the ring with GSP. Oh wait..... GSP beat him so badly ol BJ quit.

People who bash GSP' date=' [i'](mostly BJ fans[/i]) Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian? I mean no disrespect but you can't even compare these guys to the talent at welterweight.

I think GSP would beat Penn at whatever weight they fought at. . I sincerely believe that Penn would lose to any top 5 welterweight because the division is so much deeper than LW.

I thought this might help too.

I bet I could lose the top guys at 170 too...does that mean that I can "hang" with them :)

The lightweight division is a joke.

Sorry... i should have exsplained what a split desicion is!

On another note when you go to a decision with somebody and look like you did when you entered the cage. Well you get the rest.

You are in denial... so sad. HES GOING BACK TO 170 BECAUSE HE HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING GOLD.

Could you understand that?

He's scared of BJ! Not anybody at 170...

Don't bother with that clown, he is the most biased one here spurting out how everyone else is biased lol.

You and I can go on and on and none of it will change the fact that you're just bashing GSP because you a Penn fan and' date=' like all Penn fans, the beating that St. Pierre laid on BJ eats you up inside.

Penn fights in a weaker division against lower caliber opponents. It's an undeniable fact...get over it :)[/quote']

LOL read his sig you moron...he is a GSP fan not a Penn fan.

Don't bother with that clown' date=' he is the most biased one here spurting out how everyone else is biased lol.[/quote']

Oh look...another BJ fanboy! They're like ****roaches, it starts with one and before you know you've got an infestation on your hands.

Quick somebody post pics of GSP humiliating BJ...that usually sends them scurrying back to their cracks and crevices :)

I am actualy so blown away that Sanchez is going to move back up, he is going to get knocked around like a red headed step child lol , and to think that Nate Diaz is also going to move up to WW, lmao that in itself is a roaring joke, he cant handle someone like GRAY maynard in LW and he thinks he's got a hope in hell of dealing with Fitch or Jon jones, /Thiago alves , cmon now, his best bet would be to go to WEC, with jens pulver lol ,

Oh look...another BJ fanboy! They're like ****roaches' date=' it starts with one and before you know you've got an infestation on your hands.

Quick somebody post pics of GSP humiliating BJ...that usually sends them scurrying back to their cracks and crevices :)[/quote']

LOL that is all you can say but the truth is most of us here are split between BJ, GSP or even both and are having honest opinion while you just ramble on being absolutely biased and claiming others are biased.

Face it I schooled you clowns :)

I beat you like prison snitches :)

You couldn't handle the knowledge I dropped and you folded like lawnchairs :)

TTW 2 Juzzi & UndisputedKing 0

*The crowd cheers for TheTerribleWilliamson*

Talk about immaturity on the internet..

I am actualy so blown away that Sanchez is going to move back up' date=' he is going to get knocked around like a red headed step child lol , and to think that Nate Diaz is also going to move up to WW, lmao that in itself is a roaring joke, he cant handle someone like GRAY maynard in LW and he thinks he's got a hope in hell of dealing with Fitch or [b']Jon jones[/b], /Thiago alves , cmon now, his best bet would be to go to WEC, with jens pulver lol ,

do you know how retarded you look for posting that?:eek:

I am actualy so blown away that Sanchez is going to move back up' date=' he is going to get knocked around like a red headed step child lol , and to think that Nate Diaz is also going to move up to WW, lmao that in itself is a roaring joke, he cant handle someone like GRAY maynard in LW and he thinks he's got a hope in hell of dealing with Fitch or Jon jones, /Thiago alves , cmon now, his best bet would be to go to WEC, with jens pulver lol ,[/quote']

Fitch doesnt knock anyone out.

And Sanchez could be Top5 easily.

I see him going past Hardy, Rumble, Koshceck, Thiago

Alves & GSP are a problem though.

Fitch doesnt knock anyone out.

And Sanchez could be Top5 easily.

I see him going past Hardy' date=' Rumble, Koshceck, Thiago

Alves & GSP are a problem though.[/quote']

Except he already lost to Koscheck and Fitch so um, yeah...kinda makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about.

LOL at the people who actually think Diego is moving back up because he's scared of Penn...he's moving back up because the weight cut was too strenuous for someone his size and he felt like it had a negative impact on his performance.

Gawd people...grow some intelligence.

Archived