Junior Dos Santos In No Hurry For UFC title shot

The_Power

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10572&zoneid=13

Junior Dos Santos has been flawless in the Ultimate Fighting Championship Octagon since arriving in the promotion at UFC 90 in October of 2008. He has finished all four of his opponents with strikes, and all but one in the first round.

A 4-0 record in the UFC heavyweight division makes anyone a contender, but Dos Santos doesn?t feel any urgency to get a crack at the belt.

"I think he's in no hurry for a title shot,? his manager, Ed Soares, told MMAWeekly.com recently.

?We're in no hurry for a title shot. He's only 25 years old, so he's still a growing kid,? he added. ?Every time I see him he seems like he's a little bigger. He's drinking his milk and just getting bigger and stronger."

Dos Santos trains with former UFC and Pride heavyweight titleholder Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and would rather see the older mixed martial arts legend compete for the title.

?I think we'd like to see Rodrigo beat Cain (Velasquez) and have that title shot, but whatever the UFC decides is fine with us,? said his manager. ?They've given us some great fights, some incredible opportunities, and we're just going to take whatever they give us."

But that in no way means the Brazilian would turn down a title shot if offered.

"We never pick our opponents, so whoever they put in front of us, we'll take with a smile on our face,? said Soares.

just like your boy after his first round against BJ.

Good job staying on topic, I hope you felt good about your comment because overall, it was very pointless and I could careless about what you say.

ON TOPIC: Yeah, I don't think JDS would be able to pull off the victory just yet anyways.

JDS calls Big Nog master. There's a whole different level of respect there. I respect his position a lot. He arguably deserves the Title shot more than Carwin or Mir yet he wants to let his master get a shot first. He's not scared.

I hope the UFC gives Big Nog a title shot if he beats Cain. If he can't pull off that win he needs to step aside and let his protige take over. This guy is a serious contender. After JDS smashes Gonzaga they should have him fight the winner of Mir Carwin and give the winner of that a title shot.

It may not result in a Brock Mir 3 which is probably on the UFC's wish list but I think it's the most fair.

That being said I honestly don't think any of them could beat Brock.

Good job staying on topic' date=' I hope you felt good about your comment because overall, it was very pointless and I could careless about what you say.

ON TOPIC: Yeah, I don't think JDS would be able to pull off the victory just yet anyways.[/quote']

Actually, you could care less ignoring what I said.

and about commenting on the topic..

I think Dos santos is doing the right thing, If I were him I would want to fight more contenders to improve his game.

Actually' date=' you could care less ignoring what I said.

and about commenting on the topic..

I think Dos santos is doing the right thing, If I were him I would want to fight more contenders to improve his game.[/quote']

That's cute, you didn't really have anything left to say to start a flame war so you questioned my spelling.

Dos Santos is one of my favorite fighters, especially after seeing him put Yvel to sleep in his last fight. The great thing is that the guy's only 25 years old. He's got so much time to become a great fighter, and the last thing I'd want to see is him get rushed into a title shot too early.

P.S. No matter how much I'd like to see him drop Lesnar, I just can't see him dealing with the guy's size. Dos Santos is, by no means, a big heavyweight. I think he'd just get out-powered against Lesnar.

Dos Santos is one of my favorite fighters' date=' especially after seeing him put Yvel to sleep in his last fight. The great thing is that the guy's only 25 years old. He's got so much time to become a great fighter, and the last thing I'd want to see is him get rushed into a title shot too early.

P.S. No matter how much I'd like to see him drop Lesnar, I just can't see him dealing with the guy's size. Dos Santos is, by no means, a big heavyweight. I think he'd just get out-powered against Lesnar.[/quote']

Mir and Couture bith hit Lesnar hard enough to get him stumbling.

I have to think Dos Santos would hit him a lot harder than either of those two.

I have a feeling Brock cannot take a punch, so Dos Santos might never get a shot at him.

why hurry? He's working his way up there. (unlike some fighters) and he's getting better with each fight. When the time comes for him to fight for the title' date=' he'll be ready.[/quote']

+1

I think sometimes in an effort to please fans and give them the fight they want to see they rush younger fighters into title shots they aren't ready for. At 25 this guy has a lot of career ahead of him.

Good job staying on topic' date=' I hope you felt good about your comment because overall, it was very pointless and I could careless about what you say.

ON TOPIC: Yeah, I don't think JDS would be able to pull off the victory just yet anyways.[/quote']

Sanchez did have that scared look on him.......

Archived