Top 10 reason why Fedor is an Overrated Self Proclaimed Best HW in the World.

raffy_handsome

1.) He has a 31-1 record, majority of his wins is against cans.

2.) He ducks opponents, specially a threat

3.) BJJ belt - None

4.) Former PRIDE HW, due to Best HW that time is on UFC

5.) Wrestling skills - Amateur

6.) Striking Skills - Mid level

7.) Submitted to an armbar a 7 foot colored hair Japanese

8.) Currently hold no belt

9.) Exprected to raise his record to 34-1 at the end of this year, due to he will beat a lot of cans like Werdum, Lawal, Rogers (Rematch)

10) Greatest Achievement, beat Moussasi in an Exhibition Match

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) He has a 31-1 record' date=' majority of his wins is against cans.

3.) BJJ belt - None

9.) Exprected to raise his record to 34-1 at the end of this year, due to he will beat a lot of cans like Werdum, Lawal, Rogers (Rematch)

10) Greatest Achievement, beat Moussasi in an Exhibition Match [/quote']

I'll not even answer this one.

Can't argue with this one, he should be in the ufc.

3.) BJJ belt - None

I'm sure he trains no-gi BJJ, but his main fight style is Sambo which has a very good ground game which he's one of the best on the planet.

Who ? Tim Sylvia,Arlovski and Couture ? Fedor beat 2 of them and couture was never the best.

He can take his opponents down.

... ?

So what ?

WAMMA belt, got from the tim sylvia fight and defended against arlovski and rogers.

Can't argue with this one too..

Seven-time russian sambo champion,four-time world sambo champion, Pride Champion and Pride grand prix winner, unbeaten(or 31-1 if you want to count his controversial loss).

The truth can sometimes be embarassing men.

it's not the truth though' date=' it's your own personal assessment of his striking and his ground game, the quality of his opponents, and some of your claims are straght up nonsensical.

This makes him less of a fighter!?!

This is factually incorrect

And this one is just beyond belief.

[b']I'll not even answer this one.[/b]

Can't argue with this one, he should be in the ufc.

3.) BJJ belt - None

I'm sure he trains no-gi BJJ, but his main fight style is Sambo which has a very good ground game which he's one of the best on the planet.

Who ? Tim Sylvia,Arlovski and Couture ? Fedor beat 2 of them and couture was never the best.

He can take his opponents down.

... ?

So what ?

WAMMA belt, got from the tim sylvia fight and defended against arlovski and rogers.

Can't argue with this one too..

Seven-time russian sambo champion,four-time world sambo champion, Pride Champion and Pride grand prix winner, unbeaten(or 31-1 if you want to count his controversial loss).

Here's my Reply

4.) Ray Mercer & Bret Rogers defeated Tim Sylvia & Arlovski much quicker the Fedor, meaning they are much better fighter thatn Fedor?

5.) Everybody can take his opponent down.

7.) Fedor fans always shows that picture here in this forum trying to convince us that how good Fedor is and he will be having no problem submitting Brock since he already have submitted guys much bigger than him

8.) WAMMA belt is not recognize anymore. only M1-Global recognize it.

Here's my Reply

4.) Ray Mercer & Bret Rogers defeated Tim Sylvia & Arlovski much quicker the Fedor' date=' meaning they are much better fighter thatn Fedor?

7.) Fedor fans always shows that picture here in this forum trying to convince us that how good Fedor is and he will be having no problem submitting Brock since he already have submitted guys much bigger than him

8.) WAMMA belt is not recognize anymore. only M1-Global recognize it.

Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez vs BJ Penn are calling to disagree with you.

What your saying is that in order to become a mod' date=' he must must not have an idol whom he should defend in argument. I think that's wrong.[/quote']

I understand that you are desperate to become a moderator and therefore you need to bash anything that is not UFC, but you can't just lie about the guy.

Fedor never says anything about himself.

The only thing he has ever proclaimed about himself is that he loves his family.

Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez vs BJ Penn are calling to disagree with you.

But aside from Penn do you think Kenny & Diego cannot take down other fighters. My point is I know Fedor can take down Japanese fighter but can he take down fighter which has very good wrestling skills in the caliber of Cain, Brock, Couture. How many times did he take down Randleman.

Here's my Reply

4.) Ray Mercer & Bret Rogers defeated Tim Sylvia & Arlovski much quicker the Fedor' date=' meaning they are much better fighter thatn Fedor?

8.) WAMMA belt is not recognize anymore. only M1-Global recognize it.[/quote']

4.) Ray Mercer & Bret Rogers defeated Tim Sylvia & Arlovski much quicker the Fedor, meaning they are much better fighter thatn Fedor?

Of course not, Wanderlei finished jardine in less than 2 minutes, jardine defeated Forrest and Liddell who are both better than wanderlei, and Roger already lost to Fedor so there's nothing more to discuss here.

So he doesn't need to be a wrestler expert.

They want to show that fedor can handle bigger opponents, but of course brock would be the bigger of them if they face each other.

8.) WAMMA belt is not recognize anymore. only M1-Global recognize it

But it's a belt with good fights for it, 2 former ufc champions and one of the tops HW atm.

3.) BJJ belt - None

10) Greatest Achievement, beat Moussasi in an Exhibition Match[/quote']

U forget 11.) Why he doenst sign up with UFC if he is so damm good

haha one of your top three reasons is no bjj belt? have you seen his submission game? Belts count for nothing without results. As for fedor fighting cans like werdum?? have you seen werdum WRECK the adcc tournaments the last few years? werdum could very well be the best ground fighter on the planet right now. Stop whining about fedor

I understand that you are desperate to become a moderator and therefore you need to bash anything that is not UFC' date=' but you can't just lie about the guy.

Fedor never says anything about himself.

The only thing he has ever proclaimed about himself is that he loves his family.[/quote']

Fedor knows that his fans still consider him the best, but he knows the truth that he's not anymore. He let them continue their fantsy by not going to UFC. What's not self proclaim in that.

3.) BJJ belt - None

This is why you will not be a mod.

this is getting boring now. theres other more better and battle proven fighters out there, who don't dodge people and have added to their game over the years. best fighter alive? Randy.. how many people his age do you know can work at that level and outsmart bigger badder guys? he doesnt avoid signing to big companies under false claims (Fedor) and he isn't gonna hold you or lie on you (Brock), so shut up! and if you wanna talk about the best ever then how about Anderson Silva? the guy can't be hit, his opponents run from him and those that attack him end up humiliated. Oh yeah, we all know how GOOD Griffin is and he got schooled! Brock is a jibber jabber with one dimension and that is SIZE, Fedor is over hyped because he won't face anyone good enough and no i don't need anyone to list their credentials i'm aware of their records and i've seen every clip there is to see of them, face facts!

oh and in case someone tried to be super cool n says well so n so said Fedor is the best, well.. ever heard of courtesy? the moment they say he's the best its followed by 'but i'd like to face him'. its called professionalism, coz some people won't give it up.

Fedor knows that his fans still consider him the best' date=' but he knows the truth that he's not anymore. He let them continue their fantsy by not going to UFC. What's not self proclaim in that.[/quote']

Do you know what self proclaimed means? It's when someone says something about themselves. I can't believe we're having to explain this to you.

3.) BJJ belt - None

Where to start... I guess at the beginning.

Sherdog's a great website. It'll show you that he's beaten (decisively) a great portion of the fighters who now make up the UFC heavyweight division - a lot of guys who the majority of posters on this website will tell you are greats. Arona, Coleman, Nogueira, Cro Cop, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, Rogers, Randleman, Goodridge... Have you even ever watched anything other than the UFC?

He's never ducked anyone. Find me a link that says he has.

3.) BJJ belt - None

It's mixed martial arts for a reason. He just happens to be a Judo Russian national champion. Oh, and also, he's an 8-time Russian Sambo champion, and a 3-time World Combat Sambo champion. Weird, huh?

You do realize PRIDE was widely considered an amalgamation of the best mixed martial artists in the world while it existed right? Again, I get the feeling your understanding of mixed martial arts revolves around the UFC, and nothing else.

See point three. He has some of the best wrestling you'll see.

Yeah I guess you're right. But wait... Do you know who Cro Cop is? He was a K1 kick boxer and, while in PRIDE, considered one of the best strikers on the planet. You can take a hop on over to Youtube and watch him knock Wanderlei Silva's head off, if you like. Fedor completely out-struck him. Again, a quick trip to Youtube and you can see that one for yourself too. I believe the fight where he knocked Rogers' face loose just recently is up on Youtube as well.

That's just a fact. Not an insult. I think you're confusing yourself.

A few people have already proven you wrong on that one.

Right. A lot of people have been talking about how Rogers would be considered a top heavyweight in the UFC.

Again, a few people have answered this one already.

Here's my Reply

But Emelienanko beat them...

Um... No. If you watched Fedor fight, you'd see he comes in with strikes, clinches when he gets in close, and then, most of the time, catches his opponents with a trip or a Judo throw. He takes the fight where he wants, when he wants.

Again, if you'd ever actually watched a Fedor fight and not based your opinion on what people on these forums say, you'd know quite clearly that a much better comparison can be drawn between Brock and Rogers, than between Brock and Choi.

Fedor current number 1 in the world? possibly not but he certainly was in his earlier days. Now however the fighters hes facing arent ranked near the top so its difficult to guage how good he still is against the ever evolving best mma fighters. I think overeem is a very good fighter and from what i gather he is the Strikeforce HW champ currently? however is he still going to defend the title when the time comes or will he be giving it up to pursue fights in other organisations?

1.) He has a 31-1 record' date=' majority of his wins is against cans.[/b']

Sherdog's a great website. It'll show you that he's beaten (decisively) a great portion of the fighters who now make up the UFC heavyweight division - a lot of guys who the majority of posters on this website will tell you are greats. Arona, Coleman, Nogueira, Cro Cop, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, Rogers, Randleman, Goodridge... Have you even ever watched anything other than the UFC?

Ok you mention 10 fighters here, how about his other 21 wins. Also among those 10, only Sylvia, Arlovski, Coleman, Randleman has good career in UFC. Arona, Lindland & Randleman may also not be considered as HW.

I think it's really silly how so many people are religiously convinced about Fedor's prowess. Here's the deal. I've boxed for many years. My passion is MMA, but my ground skills force me to compete as a boxer. I'm average at best. When I spar someone like...well, like you I look awesome. I bob and weave and slip punches, parry anything you throw at me and do all kinds of crazy **** that I'll never get away with sparring/fighting someone who's legit. I can do this in backyards, mma gyms or boxing gyms with new people. I've fought and sparred top level competition. I look a lot different. I look really terrible. When Fedor signs with the UFC (whom by the way offered him so much money that Randy walked away from his contract because of understandable jealously) then we will see. But until then, he's not a factor. I don't care how many fat Japanese guys he beat in Pride.

3.) BJJ belt - None

dude you need to work on your argumentive skills and check your points for truth before you go and post some crazy shiz like this never seen a more incorrect thread on this site or the entire internet for that matter!

1.) He has a 31-1 record' date=' majority of his wins is against cans.[/b']

Ok you mention 10 fighters here, how about his other 21 wins. Also among those 10, only Sylvia, Arlovski, Coleman, Randleman has good career in UFC. Arona, Lindland & Randleman may also not be considered as HW.

What you fail to realise is that a lot of people have lost to "cans" so a record of 31 wins, even if some do include cans (and a lot are credible fighters) then that is still impressive.

For example

Frank Mir has lost to people like - Ian Freeman and Marcio Cruz

Rampage has a loss against Marvin Eastman

Matt Hughes has lost to Jose Landi-Jons

Great fighters with losses against cans. You could argue that these losses appeared due to the lack of skill the fighters had at the time

But then that just shows that Fedor has always outskilled and out performed his opponent at every stage of his career. That is impressive

Rogers would never be a top fighter in the UFC and Fedors next fight is against Wedum? Didn't he just get wrecked by JDS? I don't hate Fedor I actually enjoy watching him fight however there are some questions I would like him to answer. All he has to do is fight 1 of the top 5 current top UFC fighters and I think nobody could even argue about him being the best instead of being number 3 on some of the P4P lists that ive seen.

3.) BJJ belt - None

this is funny, im guessing you think brock is the number 1 heavyweight? he has he faught? His first fight was a joke. Randy no affence to him but he is garabge at HW and posses no threat to any contenders. He beat Mir but Mir is 20 times more over rated then Fedor and he beat brock. and he beat heath hearing by decision! couldnt even finish!

Mir and Brock are hyped up because they beat each other, Mir lovers think hes good cause he beat Brock and Brock lover think hes good cause he beat Mir.

The fact is Fedor beat the top HWs of his time, and now hes fighting sub level fighters and i admitt it sucks he should come to the ufc but to fight Dos Santtos or Carwin cause there the only ones who would beat him, he would rock brock kill mir and throw cain out the ring

My 2 cents.

"With 31 wins, fedor has only fought 10 good fighters, what about the other 21?"

1- show me how many current champions or contenders even have more than 30 fights.

2- because there is not 21 ppl out there that can contend in HW the way arlovski, sylvia, randleman, crop cop etc etc did. The top 15 ppl in any division are usually freaks of nature, look at our current champions. Lightweight doesnt even have more than 10 phenoms in ther division. if there is, they are under my radar. Fedor's "fighting cans" is an errelevant arguement because he has wiped the board with EVERYONE, champion or not. Werdum will be a good fight for him, and he'll win, and we will have more proof hes amazing.

as for JDS knocking Werdum out, he works at black house. nuff' said.

You mean not admitting that you're not the best anymore to your fans' date=' is not self proclaiming that you're the best.[/quote']

This is not a sentence, it is just a random gathering of words. There are so many negatives in this sentence it would leave Stephen Hawkings speak and spell machine with a confused valley girl accent.

3.) BJJ belt - None

After reading this I just have one question.

Do you even know who Fedor is?

A lot of the "facts" that you posted are wrong. Here is a link to prove that he never go submitted by a 7 foot colored haird Japanese.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0iZcLIrTQ

Archived