Who has the most legit chance to hold the LHW title?

JP24

Well I guess that all depends on who is holding the title.

If it's Machida, then I would think that maybe Randy Couture has the best shot.

If it's Shogun, then there are a few more options. Rogerio, Forrest or Rashad would all have a decent chance. Hell, even Rampage might be able to do it.

I will say this..

I'm a bigger fan of Machida's than I am of Shogun's, but, there are definitely more interesting fights for him than there are for Lyoto.

i dont think jones is ready at the moment sure he has been devastating but i dont think hes upper teir yet

ill go for lil nog ' date=' Jardine(just for the hate im gonna get lol) and Forrest he is gonna shock the world again[/quote']

Forrest WILL DEFEAT Little Noguiera.

I have a biased vote for Rampage, but that's only if he intends to return to the UFC and stay. I'm hoping he doesn't just do the Rashad fight then back out of the sport.

Other than that, if Rashad can continue to be more like GSP, he has a chance. A second nod goes to Lil Nog if he can continue to impress. But theres one thing that has always been said about the LHW, and that's that all the top guys are always facing each other, and it's hard for guys to string together wins and make the leap to the top, all while looking impressive and in championship form.

Well I guess that all depends on who is holding the title.

If it's Machida' date=' then I would think that maybe Randy Couture has the best shot.

If it's Shogun, then there are a few more options. Rogerio, Forrest or Rashad would all have a decent chance. Hell, even Rampage might be able to do it.

I will say this..

I'm a bigger fan of Machida's than I am of Shogun's, but, there are definitely more interesting fights for him than there are for Lyoto.[/quote']

i agree with this.

I'm a ****.

I left the obvious number-one contender off my list if Shogun manages to beat Lyoto..

Anderson Silva.

Shogun will not successfully defend the title if he manages to defeat Lyoto.

yeah I noticed you left him off. Thought you did that on purpose cause everyone knows he's the top contender.

If he makes it past Shogun and wins the belt and Silva is his first title defense, then no he wont. But I can see him defending it against some others that were mentioned.

yeah I noticed you left him off. Thought you did that on purpose cause everyone knows he's the top contender.

If he makes it past Shogun and wins the belt and Silva is his first title defense' date=' then no he wont. But I can see him defending it against some others that were mentioned.[/quote']

Nope, just high. lol

And yes, he could definitely defend his title against other people, but Anderson will get the first shot.

Machida will then drop to MW and own that division.

GSP VS Machida??!!!

OMG!

Nope' date=' just high. lol

And yes, he could definitely defend his title against other people, but Anderson will get the first shot.

Machida will then drop to MW and own that division.

GSP VS Machida??!!!

OMG![/quote']

nice. im jealous for I'm dry lol

You're right Silva would more than likely get the first shot. And he would without a doubt take the win over Shogun.

But Machida dropping to MW? you think?

I could see him doing that I guess. And GSP vs. Machida would blow peoples minds for sure. Personally I'd feel kind of bad for GSP lol but you never know.

nice. im jealous for I'm dry lol

You're right Silva would more than likely get the first shot. And he would without a doubt take the win over Shogun.

But Machida dropping to MW? you think?

I could see him doing that I guess. And GSP vs. Machida would blow peoples minds for sure. Personally I'd feel kind of bad for GSP lol but you never know.

Well if Anderson and Lyoto won't fight eachother, and Anderson holds the LHW title, then Lyoto's only option is to drop to MW.

He's a pretty small 205'er anyways. Last fight he was what? 202.5? He could make the cut, for sure.

I love this sport!! lol

Rashad. Once he perfects his new lay and pray style.

By hold onto the LHW title, I?m assuming you are referring to retaining the belt after more than one win.

It is hard to say, but like chongo81 has sujuested, Rashad can do it and his key to success is the L n P. But i hope i am wrong and lil Nog starts dominating.

Well if Anderson and Lyoto won't fight eachother' date=' and Anderson holds the LHW title, then Lyoto's only option is to drop to MW.

He's a pretty small 205'er anyways. Last fight he was what? 202.5? He could make the cut, for sure.

I love this sport!! lol[/quote']

But what If Anderson is holding the LHW & MW title?

why do you people underlook A. Silva at LHW he said if he defeats belfort he plans to give up the MW title and fight permanently at LHW. and he IMO is the best fighter in the world even at 205. if machida wins vs shogun then silva wont go after then title but if shogun wins vs machida then silva gets a shot at the title and we will see the spider reign !

Well if Anderson and Lyoto won't fight eachother' date=' and Anderson holds the LHW title, then Lyoto's only option is to drop to MW.

I love this sport!! lol[/quote']

but, Lyoto's dad said he had to fight him lol

Well you can look at it like, If shogun wins we might get more interesting fights, and we might get Silva as the new LHW champ.

But what if he has the MW belt too? Then what is Machida left to do?

That's another reason I want Machida to win the rematch. The fights might not be as interesting as with Shogun but it leaves more options as for as him and Silva.

If that makes sense lol

but' date=' Lyoto's dad said he had to fight him lol

Well you can look at it like, If shogun wins we might get more interesting fights, and we might get Silva as the new LHW champ.

But what if he has the MW belt too? Then what is Machida left to do?

That's another reason I want Machida to win the rematch. The fights might not be as interesting as with Shogun but it leaves more options as for as him and Silva.

If that makes sense lol[/quote']

You're one post behind ;)

He'll vacate the MW belt' date=' as he won't want to get in Lyoto's way.

IMO, one way or another, those two titles will be with those two guys, for quite some time.[/quote']

But I think Silva would want to keep both belts.

I wouldnt be suprised if he goes after the HW belt.

But I think Silva would want to keep both belts.

I wouldnt be suprised if he goes after the HW belt.

Going after the HW title wouldn't surprise me, either.

That being said, I still don't think that Anderson would stand in the way of Lyoto winning the MW title. For whatever reason, he doesn't want to publicly compete with his friend. Maybe he doesn't want to embarass him, or maybe he really does lose most of the sparring sessions. I don't think anybody really knows, except for them.

Going after the HW title wouldn't surprise me' date=' either.

That being said, I still don't think that Anderson would stand in the way of Lyoto winning the MW title. For whatever reason, he doesn't want to publicly compete with his friend. Maybe he doesn't want to embarass him, or maybe he really does lose most of the sparring sessions.[b'] I don't think anybody really knows, except for them[/b].

And everyone else in the BlackHouse Camp.

Although I think it would be funny as hell

If Anderson Silva has the HW , LHW & MW Belt

Then you have the BlackHouse Camp challenge him

HW: BigNog vs. The Spider

LHW: LilNog vs. The Spider

MW: Machida vs. The Spider

Just a thought though.

You're one post behind ;)

i see that lol

Going after the HW title wouldn't surprise me' date=' either.

That being said, I still don't think that Anderson would stand in the way of Lyoto winning the MW title. For whatever reason, he doesn't want to publicly compete with his friend. Maybe he doesn't want to embarass him, or maybe he really does lose most of the sparring sessions. I don't think anybody really knows, except for them.[/quote']

Yeah this is my thought as well

i dont think jones is ready at the moment sure he has been devastating but i dont think hes upper teir yet

ill go for lil nog ' date=' [b']Jardine(just for the hate im gonna get [/b]lol) and Forrest he is gonna shock the world again

I see no hate and thought you may be sad... **** Jardine, he needs to start putting in applications elsewhere, I am sure Strikeforce can find some chumps to beat on him.

All this talk of Silva as LHW champion is nonsense... Machida will be holding the belt for a long time, just like he said he would. Silva will just have to take out the other top contenders until Machida retires. IF.... a big IF, Silva manages to take it, Lyoto could move up to HW and be successful too I think.

All this talk of Silva as LHW champion is nonsense... Machida will be holding the belt for a long time' date=' just like he said he would[/b']. Silva will just have to take out the other top contenders until Machida retires. IF.... a big IF, Silva manages to take it, Lyoto could move up to HW and be successful too I think.

I wouldnt be so sure.

Im pretty sure Shogun, Couture & Rampge could beat Machida.

& by successful at HW u mean?

I wouldnt be so sure.

Im pretty sure Shogun' date=' Couture & Rampge could beat Machida.

& by successful at HW u mean?[/quote']

Anyone "could" beat Machida, just like anyone "could" beat Silva, Penn, or Fedor...

The 3 fighters you mentioned above have a better chance than others and Shogun should have pushed harder/earlier and he would have had it last fight. He missed his chance and for most, the chance is very small. Machida will fix his mistakes and this time he will shut Shogun down early.

"In every fight your opponent will make a mistake. It is crucial that you capitalize on this opportunity."

Vera' date=' Rashad, Would love to c Matt Hughes with it again[/quote']

Matt Hughes? Was he the LHW title holder? When? Oh, and to anyone who says Couture has a shot at being champ.... NO WAY.... ZERO POSSIBILITY. Put him against Anderson Silva at 205 and if he beats him, then maybe I'd believe it. Also Vera? No chance!!

And everyone else in the BlackHouse Camp.

Although I think it would be funny as hell

If Anderson Silva has the HW ' date=' LHW & MW Belt

Then you have the BlackHouse Camp challenge him

MW: Machida vs. The Spider

Just a thought though.[/quote']

Machida doesn't fight at 185. He could make the cut I'm sure, but why did you post it as though it were obvious?

why do you people underlook A. Silva at LHW he said if he defeats belfort he plans to give up the MW title and fight permanently at LHW. and he IMO is the best fighter in the world even at 205. if machida wins vs shogun then silva wont go after then title but if shogun wins vs machida then silva gets a shot at the title and we will see the spider reign !

Fighters should not be dictating who they WILL and WON'T fight. That's complete BULL!!! Where was it said that Anderson Silva plans to move up to LHW permanently?

Archived