Machida:p4p best or what

KINGJORDAN

Machida's style can very well put him in the best P4P spotlight. It is difficult to hit him or take him down. His style may be the newest addition to MMA and perhaps revolutionize the sport to a whole new level.

Assuming his style is proven to be effective, I can see a huge wave of stand up fighters in disciplines of Muy Thai and Kung Fu that would be willing to participate in MMA. I have said this before, nobody in martial arts train as hard as Muy Thai fighters from Thailand. I would love to see those guys in MMA.

will be...after his next two fights

Nope! The only thing he wins at is the most backpeddling miles in the octagon. He did have a hard time getting that title though, I admit. It was difficult for him to beat Kalib Starnes, and personally I didn't think he could do it. But by golly he did!

Nope! The only thing he wins at is the most backpeddling miles in the octagon. He did have a hard time getting that title though' date=' I admit. It was difficult for him to beat Kalib Starnes, and personally I didn't think he could do it. But by golly he did![/quote']

again. you only hate cause you don't understand.

maybe one day. just maybe.

F*** that machida blows he's a defensive little bytch he talks about being honorable and far.. then why didnt he relinquish his belt to shogun.. And thiago silva sucks thats why Rashad abused him the whole fight. BJ PENN is the best p4p fighter rite now other than anderson silva

meh maybe we'll see more ppl incorporate lethwei principle into fighting to counter things like jabs (and equally might not happen since lethwei's not popular outside Burma rly, and Burma's under a dictatorship). Anyway a good time for mma to be revolutionized which i believe will be a result of Machida's success.

F*** that machida blows he's a defensive little bytch he talks about being honorable and far.. then why didnt he relinquish his belt to shogun.. And thiago silva sucks thats why Rashad abused him the whole fight. BJ PENN is the best p4p fighter rite now other than anderson silva

He didn't relinquish the belt, because he won the fight. Sorry.

Machida>Shogun>Rashad>Thiago Silva>My Grandmother>Vandal

Nope! The only thing he wins at is the most backpeddling miles in the octagon. He did have a hard time getting that title though' date=' I admit. It was difficult for him to beat Kalib Starnes, and personally I didn't think he could do it. But by golly he did![/quote']

Machida's style is not like many seen in MMA. He does not run, he evades and then attacks. Outside of the cage this is the best style of fighting there is, especially when fighting multiple people. He is really not so far off from Silva's style.

Kalib Starnes lost his title of "Biggest Tool" to you sir.

Whoa buddy, calm that down. Thiago Silva is a monster which is why Rashad had to turn most of the fight into a wrestling match. BJ is one of the best but Fedor is p4p the best.

The thing is, is that no one knew about how to handle Machida and Rashad and Thiago have admitted that they didn't fully understand his style or had a game plan to counteract his karate. The Shogun fight showed that with a little studying and a decent game plan Machida can be beat. In order to beat a technical striker like Machida his opponent needs to be technical, hence Shogun not doing his crazy/berzerker style that he is known for, he played Machidas game and almost, if not beat him at it. Machida has size-able wholes in his game that can be exploited, he is not the best P4P fighter in the world and someone who actually is one of the best P4P fighters in the world showed us all that. :P

The thing is' date=' is that no one knew about how to handle Machida and Rashad and Thiago have admitted that they didn't fully understand his style or had a game plan to counteract his karate. The Shogun fight showed that with a little studying and a decent game plan Machida can be beat. In order to beat a technical striker like Machida his opponent needs to be technical, hence Shogun not doing his crazy/berzerker style that he is known for, he played Machidas game and almost, if not beat him at it. Machida has size-able wholes in his game that can be exploited, he is not the best P4P fighter in the world and someone who actually is one of the best P4P fighters in the world showed us all that. :P[/quote']

so what makes Shogun p4p best?

Your a senior member I think you know a little bit about Shogun, I'm not a teacher, thats just my opinion. In a four month period Shogun beat Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem, and Arona.

Overeem and Arona in the same night. Pretty impressive to me.

Did I mention 3 of the 4 were Ko's? Shogun almost knocked out more guys in a four month span than Machida has in his career.

the thing is' date=' is that no one knew about how to handle machida and rashad and thiago have admitted that they didn't fully understand his style or had a game plan to counteract his karate. The shogun fight showed that with a little studying and a decent game plan machida can be beat. In order to beat a technical striker like machida his opponent needs to be technical, hence shogun not doing his crazy/berzerker style that he is known for, he played machidas game and almost, if not beat him at it. Machida has size-able wholes in his game that can be exploited, he is not the best p4p fighter in the world and someone who actually is one of the best p4p fighters in the world showed us all that. :P[/quote']

if so explain to me why he hasn't lost and all the other champs have...

Your a senior member I think you know a little bit about Shogun' date=' I'm not a teacher, thats just my opinion. In a four month period Shogun beat Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem, and Arona.

Overeem and Arona in the same night. Pretty impressive to me.

Did I mention 3 of the 4 were Ko's? Shogun almost knocked out more guys in a four month span than Machida has in his career.[/quote']

Of course I know about Shogun. Been a fan for a long time. Before Machida actually.

A lot of shoguns (T)KO were due to Prides rules. stomps and kicks.

I'm not arguing with you lol I think he's one of the best. I just don't consider him p4p best. Not yet. But he very well could be. I think he needs some more fights.

Thats fine, Some people think Machida is the best because he is undefeated, but he only holds two wins over great fighters. I think Shogun has proved himself as being a P4P best fighter, not "The Best" but one of them. Now that Shogun trains inside an octagon and is accustomed to the feel I think he is the scariest guy at 205.

But if people think Machida is more dominant than BJ in his weight class, GSP in his, Anderson in his then you people are crazy.

Thats fine' date=' Some people think Machida is the best because he is undefeated, but he only holds two wins over great fighters. I think Shogun has proved himself as being a P4P best fighter, not "The Best" but one of them. Now that Shogun trains inside an octagon and is accustomed to the feel I think he is the scariest guy at 205.

But if people think Machida is more dominant than BJ in his weight class, GSP in his, Anderson in his then you people are crazy.[/quote']

Machida still has a lot to prove, but i think he can do it. As far as scariest, Silva. He will own it unless Machida keeps the belt. He may still own it anyway. If Shogun makes it past Machida, he's going to have his hands full.

Well you can't really compare to other weight classes because the LHW is the most stacked. It's not BJ's fault the LW division sucks lol

But I would agree people who do think that way are kind of crazy.

I used BJ and all of them as an example because we are talking about P4P. I agree with you that Anderson probably is the scariest at 205, but as long as Machida has it, that fight will never happen. How sick would Shogun vs. Silva be? Kind of like Silva vs. Belfort, fighting a former team member.

I used BJ and all of them as an example because we are talking about P4P. I agree with you that Anderson probably is the scariest at 205' date=' but as long as Machida has it, that fight will never happen. How sick would Shogun vs. Silva be? Kind of like Silva vs. Belfort, fighting a former team member.[/quote']

well that's why the rematch is so lop sided. cause you can get so much out of who ever wins lol I mean Machida can win and we could see him go on to be the best LHW, or Shogun could win and we see a Shogun vs. Silva fight. there's so many pros and cons :cool:

KingJordan: Do you have any idea what pound-for-pound means? It is how good a fighter is at fighting guys equal or heavier than he is (IE his natural weight class or higher), yet your top 5 includes Thiago Silva (a big LHW that just lost to a significantly smaller Rashad Evans, and doesn't even have a good record of fights yet), Thiago Alves (a HUGE WW who just got tossed around by GSP) and yet you don't acknowledge real P4P fighters like BJ Penn, GSP, Anderson Silva, or Shogun? Machida p4p best???He has only fought a couple of decent fighters, got a decision over Penn (WHO IS A LIGHTWEIGHT), and got beaten by Shogun! BJ Penn, GSP, and Silva are the top 3 (in no particular order), followed by guys like Shogun and Hendo. Stop nuthugging Machida: he couldn't even walk after shogun was done with him

kingjordan: Do you have any idea what pound-for-pound means? It is how good a fighter is at fighting guys equal or heavier than he is (ie his natural weight class or higher)' date=' yet your top 5 includes thiago silva (a big lhw that just lost to a significantly smaller rashad evans, and doesn't even have a good record of fights yet), thiago alves (a huge ww who just got tossed around by gsp) and yet you don't acknowledge real p4p fighters like bj penn, gsp, anderson silva, or shogun? Machida p4p best???he has only fought a couple of decent fighters, got a decision over penn (who is a lightweight), and got beaten by shogun! Bj penn, gsp, and silva are the top 3 (in no particular order), followed by guys like shogun and hendo. Stop nuthugging machida: He couldn't even walk after shogun was done with him[/quote']

[attach]777[/attach]

Archived