computer questions

bigcheif

i just picked up mass effect 2 and i figerd i would check if my com could play it and i checked http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/ (can you run it) and it says i fail only with my cpu now i am uesing a laptop so what i want to know is if my cpu is to low for the game what will happen?

and i know i cant upgrade it with a laptop and plz take it easy on me i dont know much about computers

and ya i know i suck at spelling

i just picked up mass effect 2 and i figerd i would check if my com could play it and i checked http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/ (can you run it) and it says i fail only with my cpu now i am uesing a laptop so what i want to know is if my cpu is to low for the game what will happen?

and i know i cant upgrade it with a laptop and plz take it easy on me i dont know much about computers

and ya i know i suck at spelling

not much you can do if your cpu isnt fast enough for the game.

i would try two things.

1)install the game and try it, maybe you can squeak by. depending on how far off you are on the minimum requirement. it might be choppy but playable.

2)if you are just a lil bit short on speed you could overclock your processor. but you could run into heat issues doing that. so proceed with caution.

what does the game say for requirements and what do you have?

not much you can do if your cpu isnt fast enough for the game.

i would try two things.

1)install the game and try it' date=' maybe you can squeak by. depending on how far off you are on the minimum requirement. it might be choppy but playable.

2)if you are just a lil bit short on speed you could overclock your processor. but you could run into heat issues doing that. so proceed with caution.

what does the game say for requirements and what do you have?[/quote']

the game needs 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU and thats the min

and i have Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz

the game needs 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU and thats the min

and i have Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz

sweet, you are not far off at all. less than 200mhz.

i would try to just install the game, most likely it will play (cross fingers)

and core2duo's overclock very nicely. you can use the bios to speed that up to 1.8 no problem in my opinion.

sweet' date=' you are not far off at all. less than 200mhz.

i would try to just install the game, most likely it will play (cross fingers)

and core2duo's overclock very nicely. you can use the bios to speed that up to 1.8 no problem in my opinion.[/quote']

so how do i do that lol

Go read some oc'ing tutorials, Its not smthing you should just jump into bios and start doing with basic computer knowledge.

Install the game first and see what its like, your cpu is not to far off so imo if you have any probs it will be gpu/ram related anyways. But the sensible thing wud be to install the game first before you do anything as lower specs wont stop the installation..

Go read some oc'ing tutorials' date=' Its not smthing you should just jump into bios and start doing with basic computer knowledge.

Install the game first and see what its like, your cpu is not to far off so imo if you have any probs it will be gpu/ram related anyways. But the sensible thing wud be to install the game first before you do anything as lower specs wont stop the installation..[/quote']

this ^^ is sound advice.

but he did say that he passed all the other requirents for the game.

like azee and i have said, try it first, turn off background things, and run the game in low detail.

i suggest you visit this forum for all your computer needs !!

http://www.ocforums.com

sign up and there are tons of experts on the site. very friendly and more than willing to help you with anything you need. just ask away !! they have world record holders for overclockers there. along with tons of tips and tricks to get the most out of your computer

what is the exact model number of your laptop ?

you generally dont want to overclock laptops because of heat issues and voltage issues. it can be done but isnt really recommended. desktops are generally the machines you want to play around with when you get into overclocking. check out the site above !!

well after fixing a minor instaling issue (me not being able to find the cd key) i got the game working with out a hitch...so this was a uesless thred....ohh well but i thank every one who took the time and posted on this it helped ohhh every one in the game has black eyes though ohh well

ps ya i know i found the cd key it was right in front of me and yes i dont need to hear about it

Archived