Shinya Aoki? Jose Aldo?

Mercsho

BJ Penn has looked pretty much impossible to beat as of late. He is absolutely dominating the competition at 155. He has made a reputation for one of if not the deadliest boxer in the UFC and constantly wins fight without even using his BJJ. Can Edgar or anyone else in the UFC stop this guy? Or will Dana have to import some help. How do you think that the following fighters can fair against BJ?:

Shinya Aoki

or

Jose Aldo

Aoki - destroyed on the feet' date=' because he won't come close to taking bj down, and even if he did, he wouldn't submit bj.

Aldo - getting out boxed on his feet, and even if he starts to get the upper hand, penn takes him down to GnP and eventually submit him.[/quote']

I'm trying to find out who people think would give BJ the best fight. I honestly think that lot's of people are ready to fight BJ until he catches them with one good hit. Than you can tell by how they fight that they doubt and beat themselves. Prime example: Diego Sanchez

Aoki and Aldo pose two different threats:

Aldo= Heavy knockout power. Even if BJ is more skilled, if Aldo can slip a good punch it's night night.

Aoki= Speed. Aoki's submissions are so quick. He jumps into armbars as fast as most people can clinch.

I would personally love to see either of these fighters enter the UFC.

I'm trying to find out who people think would give BJ the best fight. I honestly think that lot's of people are ready to fight BJ until he catches them with one good hit. Than you can tell by how they fight that they doubt and beat themselves. Prime example: Diego Sanchez

Aoki and Aldo pose two different threats:

Aldo= Heavy knockout power. Even if BJ is more skilled' date=' if Aldo can slip a good punch it's night night.

Aoki= Speed. Aoki's submissions are so quick. He jumps into armbars as fast as most people can clinch.

I would personally love to see either of these fighters enter the UFC.[/quote']

There is no one in the UFC's LW division that could come close to beating BJ.... Florian had the best chance IMO and BJ tore him apart.... Aoki and Aldo are the two outsiders that could present a problem but the LW division belongs to BJ

Even if Jose couldn't beat BJ' date=' i still think that would be a hell of a fight !![/quote']

+1

Jose Aldo is f.cking explosive and that double flying knee KO in 8 seconds over Swanson could be my favorite KO in MMA history. Not saying he would win but i'd easily throw $60 down to watch that fight even if i'd have no food for the rest of the week. LOL

+1

Jose Aldo is f.cking explosive and that double flying knee KO in 8 seconds over Swanson could be my favorite KO in MMA history. Not saying he would win but i'd easily throw $60 down to watch that fight even if i'd have no food for the rest of the week. LOL

Hell yeah!! I would definitely buy that on paperveiw in HD haha

Hell yeah!! I would definitely buy that on paperveiw in HD haha

It would be impossible to watch in regular definition because one of the two following things WILL happen, either

BJ licking the blood off of his hands or

Aldo doing back hand springs through the crowd

Because there is no way this one would go to a decision and it would be on my PVR for the rest of my life.

Make it Happen Dana !!!

aldo would be and interesting but i believe penn would win because hes much bigger and is the best pure boxer in mma.....as far as who could beat him? no one at 155...............gsp already showed the recipe to beat penn...someone whos bigger and stronger then him and can negate his jiu jitsu with their wrestling...the only fighters that can do that exist at 170....i think wed all rather see pennn fighting fitch, alves, koscheck, or daily then see him fight edgar because he gonna get a worse **** whooping then sanchez got

For arguments sake neither of them. For reality's sake, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. (In the lw division that is). Penn is on a different planet when it comes to his overall skills, let alone his bjj is world class and his stand up is, well we all know how damn good his stand up is.

So I hope this answers your question.

For arguments sake neither of them. For reality's sake' date=' ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. (In the lw division that is). Penn is on a different planet when it comes to his overall skills, let alone his bjj is world class and his stand up is, well we all know how damn good his stand up is.

So I hope this answers your question.[/quote']

apart from Tyson Griffin he will Dethrone BJ im CONVINCED Tyson will Defeat BJ i dont know why but Tyson will find a way to win and in spectacular fashion too

Aldo is an amazing striker, like most that come from Black House MMA (i.e, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, Lil Nog, etc...). He is just too small to compete with Penn at 155. Sure he's young and has time to build up strength and explosive power, but just isn't at the same level as BJ. His power at Feather Weight would not translate into Lightweight division. BJ has fought at MW and took shots from big guys without issue and Aldo does not possess the same power as guys like Sherk or St. Pierre. Christ, BJ fought Machida and took it to a decision at Light heavyweight. BJ has an amazing chin, which is only matched by his incredible foot work and fantastic boxing skills. He has a leather face, a melon of a head, and the craziest flexibility and take down defence I've ever seen. Aldo is a great fighter with a ton of potential for future development, but his name cannot be spoken of in the same sentence as BJ Penn.

Archived