Noguiera vs. Velasquez

luckyjoes923

I have a feeling that Cain will show up in really great shape and will punish Nog for 2 round and will TKO him

Nog will get his **** whooped worst then Mir did to him

I don't see that happening. Cain hasn't shown much punching power and finishing ability in his career, and trying to finish Big Nog is a task on a whole another level.

Big Nog FTW :)

Well Mir wasn't known for his boxing skill and showed up with really great hands and Knock down Nog 3 times in a fight.

First off, Velasquez isn't nearly as skilled as Mir. And secondly, Big Nog didnt look and fight anything like himself against Mir. I don't want to make the Staph infection excuse. But hey, I have never seen him get dominated in a fight...and the man has fought the who's who of MMA.

First off' date=' Velasquez isn't nearly as skilled as Mir.[/b'] And secondly, Big Nog didnt look and fight anything like himself against Mir. I don't want to make the Staph infection excuse. But hey, I have never seen him get dominated in a fight...and the man has fought the who's who of MMA.

This is an opinion. Not a Fact.

although i am a fan of nogueira so my opinion might be by-east i feel that akthough vlesquez displays a good jin and very good wrestling nogueria has fought people of his calibar before ......its hard to pick sides for sure but i gotta go with my boy nogueira for a submission .... theres no doubt that velesquez is training for submissions but it takes a lifetime of trining to take nogueira on the ground and win!

srry for any spelling mistakes drunks as **** right now

I really haven't been too impressed with Velasquez. I really have been impressed by Noguiera in his past performances and think that he will be able to be Velasquez. Just my thoughts though. Nog is a tough guy to beat. I am not sure the ground and pound will work out so good in this fight with Nog's submissions. Also Nog can strike with the best of them, so we will have to see where it goes. I am looking forward to this fight.

... tough call, imo .. rodrigo hasn't had a legit challenge since the bfa in '06, & velasquez has a shallow record .. I would approach this from a gambling perspective & go w/ the under-dog which will no-doubt be cain ...

Win Randy Couture Decision (Unanimous) UFC 102 - Couture vs. Nogueira 8/29/2009 3 5:00

Loss Frank Mir TKO (Punches) UFC 92 - The Ultimate 2008 12/27/2008 2 1:54

Win Tim Sylvia Submission (Guillotine Choke) UFC 81 - Breaking Point 2/2/2008 3 1:28

Win Heath Herring Decision (Unanimous) UFC 73 - Stacked 7/7/2007 3 5:00

Win Josh Barnett Decision (Unanimous) PRIDE - Shockwave 2006 12/31/2006 3 5:00

Loss Josh Barnett Decision (Split) PRIDE - Final Conflict Absolute 9/10/2006 2 5:00

its so hard to call man... I didnt even vote!

Cain is very strong, fast, and has great wrestling.. But i dont know if his submission defense could stop big nog from ripping him limb from limb! Big Nog's boxing is good too! but is it good enough to knock out Cain? he displayed a hell of a chin against Kongo! its so hard to call! GAHH!! I am going big nog round 2 submission by triangle choke!

Either way for me is a win' date=' I like both fighters. I think Cain will win by decision but it will be an awesome fight.[/quote']

I totally agree with you man think it guna be a lot of stood up in this fight for Cains own good. Think Cain better boxer than nog too so cain either 3rd round stoppage but mainly think decision mint match up though

I'm looking foward to this fight. Both of these guys are great fighters and great people. They're both very classy, very respectful, and overall great fighters. This fight is gonna be good.

If I had to pick though, I'd prolly say Big Nog is gonna win. Just cause of the fact that he's more experienced, his submissions are just crazy, and his boxing is REALLY good. Not to mention he also has a pretty good chin. So, I'd say he's my favorite to win.

But I'm rooting for Velasquez. No particular reason. I just want him to win. He just needs to work on his standup though. And I think he can pull it off. But, we'll see.

Round one = Stand up fight until Cain figures out that hes getting picked apart then Late Takedown for Cain to even up the score card

End of round one

Round two = Cain Takes down Nog right away and trys ground and pound while Nog attemping Submissions and sweeps. Nog sweeps and gets to his feet Drops Cain with a right to the temple cain recovers and take Nog down again to rest up

End of round two

Round three = Cain again takes Nog Down and dominates him on the ground for most of the round Cain gets over confident and starts swing wildly at Nog from the Guard . Nog Catches Cain in a Arm bar for the win im guessin somewhere in the late 4th minite of the round

That is what i think will happen but either way if Nog comes in healthy Cain will have big problems with his unfirgiving submission attempts and make a silly mistake and get caught in a sub

or i could be wrong and cain wins via split decision

but i think Nog will come away with the win

Well i really think Cain doesnt stand a chance against the seasoned veteran in Nog.

So Big Nog for the win

Round one = Stand up fight until Cain figures out that hes getting picked apart then Late Takedown for Cain to even up the score card

End of round one

Round two = Cain Takes down Nog right away and trys ground and pound while Nog attemping Submissions and sweeps. Nog sweeps and gets to his feet Drops Cain with a right to the temple cain recovers and take Nog down again to rest up

End of round two

Round three = Cain again takes Nog Down and dominates him on the ground for most of the round Cain gets over confident and starts swing wildly at Nog from the Guard . Nog Catches Cain in a Arm bar for the win im guessin somewhere in the late 4th minite of the round

That is what i think will happen but either way if Nog comes in healthy Cain will have big problems with his unfirgiving submission attempts and make a silly mistake and get caught in a sub

Well i really think Cain doesnt stand a chance against the seasoned veteran in Nog.

So Big Nog for the win

Awesome prediction, i have it going the same way but the sub will happen late round 2 IMO. Cain will take Noguiera down and try and GnP, but inevitably he will have one of his arms caught, then sweet transition to an arm bar by Nog and Cain will be forced to tap. If he doesn't then "Snap goes the forarm"

cain by tko early 1st round

Seriously WTF? Has anyone actually been watching Velasquez in his last fights. Overhyped doesn't begin to explain this guy. Kongo nearly knocked him out like 7 times with weak **** half thrown jabs that were being used just to set up other combos. Velasquez' knees dropped out like they were severed each time he took one of those hits and the only reason he didn't get beat was he just latched onto Kongo for dear life and held him on the ground for 15 min. No that is not a testament to his ground game either people. Kongo's ground game is terrible and all he did was lay under Cain and pray he didn't get caught up in a Submission. Worst fight I've seen in years especially when afterwards everyone, including Dana White, came out and said that that fight was by far the best performances either fighter had ever given. WTF??? Both fighters are weak and overrated. Nog is going to crush Velasquez.

End of round one

End of round two

So Big Nog for the win

If Nog sweeps Velasquez and ends up on top of him, I wouldn't expect him to stand back up. Nog on top of Valequez in this fight is by far the most advantageous position Nog could hold in this fight; his stand-up isn't THAT good.

Archived