Overeem: "When UFC terms are right, I will sign right away"

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=overeem-when-ufc-terms-are-right-i-will-sign-right-away

Dutch heavyweight Alistair Overeem says he would sign with UFC right away if offered the right terms. He and the UFC have negotiated before - he was cageside at UFC 93 in Dublin - but have never come to terms. Interestingly, he also says that money is not the sticking point.

"I'm not going to discuss the UFC too much with the media. But I will say that when they show me terms I like, I'll sign," he reveals in the latest edition of Fighters Only Magazine, which hit news stands in the UK today.

Probably wants an immediate title shot, only one HW on the planet that has earned that though. Funny, it seems he wishes to bail on Strikeforce before he has to lose to Fedor, or Werdum, or anyone.

Since he is the SF "Champion" sign him and give him a contenders match, say with JDS, and watch him get KTFO of the octagon by a jds uppercut. He has earned that much.

I don't much like that guy!

I absolutely hate Overeem!! This guys says he wants Fedor but he has an obligation with Dynamite!!! It seems like everytime there is chance for him to defend his title he has another obligation!

^That could be what he wants - not to fight Fedor HELL NO but to have other obligations.

The UFC wants guys for the UFC only and AO likes to poke around. Just saying, maybe that's why?

^That could be what he wants - not to fight Fedor HELL NO but to have other obligations.

The UFC wants guys for the UFC only and AO likes to poke around. Just saying' date=' maybe that's why?[/quote']

... overeem is the epitome of a journeyman w/ a catchy name, he has 11 losses which include liddell, rua/twice, nogueira/twice, arona, werdum, & kharitonov, ... he did beat belfort twice which suggests the phenom may get whooped standing vs spider ...

... all in all, the demolition-man is entertaining win or lose .. :eek:

... overeem is the epitome of a journeyman w/ a catchy name' date=' he has 11 losses which include liddell, rua/twice, nogueira/twice, arona, werdum, & kharitonov, ... he did beat belfort twice which suggests the phenom may get whooped standing vs spider ...

... all in all, the demolition-man is entertaining win or lose .. :eek:[/quote']

Yeah he lost twice but Belfort won that 2nd one imo dagnabbit.

Journeyman. Ha. He's a Teamster.

I'm thinking it is most likely a couple of issues.

First, K1. He would most likely want to keep fighting in K1 especially with his loss to Badr. K1 is his bread and butter and he will always be a draw in K1.

Second, likeness rights might be his other issue. A lifetime contract for likeness rights seems a bit excessive.

Archived