Belfort on Anderson: "He seems upset"

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=belfort-on-anderson-he-seems-upset

?Anderson seems upset,? middleweight challenger Vitor Belfort remarked today after a hard staredown from the UFC 185lb champ at the Abu Dhabi press conference. ?I don?t know what that was about. Anderson seems upset or angry I don?t know. We did get into each other?s faces. But there was no kissing. Some people like the staring. But it doesn?t matter in the fight who can stare for a long time or not.?

Anderson is upset, and he has made no secret of that. Belfort once trained alongside Silva at the Black house team gym and Anderson has publicly said he considers his fellow Brazilian something of a traitor for agreeing to fight with him for the middleweight belt.

After witnessing what Anderson Silva does to opponents he has no beef with and who he respects I can't wait to see what he does to one who has pissed him off.

Get your plastic surgeon on speed dial Vitor :)

If I were betting on this fight I would put money on Silva but Vitor is a legit fighter, original Carlson Gracie Sr. fighter so I wouldnt rule out an upset by Vitor.

?Anderson is very good. He is very dangerous and his has all these weapons. But I have a very good chance. I am working on game plans to beat him. I know he hits very hard even when walking backwards, and people make the mistake of chasing after him. I won?t do that. I have a lot of thinking and a lot of training to do, but we already are noticing things about his style.?

First thing: Well this sounds for a boring fight, Anderson isn't going to chase after him either, soooooo :confused:

Second Thing: I wonder what they noticed? haha.

hizoka get off vitors nuts, heres the way this fight will go down, Anderson* vitor do you like black **** cause your going to get raped *

but seriously vitor is legit and i expect him to be very dominant at 185 after he loses to silva, id love to see Nate vs vitor once silva leaves the mw title and goes for LHW if shogun beats machida.

anyways excited for the fight expect 3rd round TKO winner silver

If he is angry that Vitor is fighting him even though they trained together, Silva needs to grow up. First, he won't fight Machida (who he would destroy, sorry Lyoto fans) because they're friends, now he's angry about fighting a FORMER training partner? Frankly, that's very selfish because if they were such good friends, he'd be denying Vitor the chance to be a champion. Frankly I do agree somewhat about not fighting friends, but you should be willing to fight anyone for the title or you shouldn't be the champ.

First thing: Well this sounds for a boring fight' date=' Anderson isn't going to chase after him either, soooooo :confused:

Second Thing: I wonder what they noticed? haha.[/quote']i think vitor HAS to go after silva like he does with everyone else, thats his only chance imo. having said that i think anderson will win by 2nd rnd ko

I don't understand why they want Silva to lose. Unless they are Fedor fans or have someone else they want to consider "the best" but know they can't with Silva around.

Cheers

-DR

I think most people want Silva to lose because he didn't want to rematch Hendo or Nate and wouldn't move up to fight for the belt in the LHW division, and when they offer him Belfort he says Belfort doesn't deserve a title shot after one win even though Silva got a title shot after beating Leben, in my opinion it is hypocrisy, and Anderson is the best fighter in the world no question about it.

I think most people want Silva to lose because he didn't want to rematch Hendo or Nate and wouldn't move up to fight for the belt in the LHW division' date=' and when they offer him Belfort he says Belfort doesn't deserve a title shot after one win even though Silva got a title shot after beating Leben, in my opinion it is hypocrisy, and Anderson is the best fighter in the world no question about it.[/quote']

After the Bisping win by Henderson the UFC floated the idea of his rematch with Silva..it wasn't warmly received and they didn't think they could get a good number from the PPV's they needed more hype which is why they were suggesting the Nate v Henderson match..to build interest and find a true number one contender.

They were both beaten by Silva...and if Silva beat Dan again...then he'd have fought nate...AGAIN...and probably won..So then you have a champ that 3 yes 3 of his title defenses were rematches...

It's just not exciting when you've got a guy like Silva who is demolishing people. I'd rather see his remaining fights be new matches against bigger guys at 205.

For the record I think after Belfort...IF Silva wins and IF he doesn't vacate the title..he'll fight Nate...but that may be his last defense before vacating and going to 205. Because really at the point...he's indisputably the king of that mountain a couple times over.

As for Silva's title shot after one win. PEOPLE ARE FORGETTING THEIR HISTORY. A fan poll was taken at that time..after the Leben fight....who should Silva fight next. The overwhelming response was for Silva to fight Franklin. So they made the fight.

WE GAVE SILVA HIS TITLE SHOT! WE VOTED!

So anyone that calls Silva a hypocrite for getting a shot after one fight is revealing that they haven't been "FANS SINCE DAY ONE"

Oh..and Jonesy..this isn't directed at you...it more of a general statement in response to the points you raised.

Cheers gentlemen

-DR

this will be a good fight.i will not be surprised whoever wins.

No I can't say I wont be surprised whoever wins. If Belfort wins I'll be ****ing shocked dude. I know it's possible absolutely. I'm not saying it isn't. But even knowing that...I'll be shocked...because to my mind..if Belfort wins..it was a KO...or freakish submission he's not going to outwork Silva for 5 rounds on the feet. So it would mean Belfort finished Silva..which would just...totally confirm that the Mayans were right.

Cheers

-DR

No I can't say I wont be surprised whoever wins. If Belfort wins I'll be ****ing shocked dude. I know it's possible absolutely. I'm not saying it isn't. But even knowing that...I'll be shocked...because to my mind..if Belfort wins..it was a KO...or freakish submission he's not going to outwork Silva for 5 rounds on the feet. So it would mean Belfort finished Silva..which would just...totally confirm that the Mayans were right.

Cheers

-DR

probably for most fans they are rooting for silva.vitor is the underdog here,but i can't count vitor out,he has good hand speed and have KO power.its possible to see him finish silva,once he lands a good shot then it would be a one dead spider on the mat...but both fighters should prepare,its not an easy fight.

probably for most fans they are rooting for silva.vitor is the underdog here' date='but i can't count vitor out,he has good hand speed and have KO power.its possible to see him finish silva,once he lands a good shot then it would be a one dead spider on the mat...but both fighters should prepare,its not an easy fight.[/quote']

Oh yeah dude..I'm not counting Belfort out at all. It's totally possible for him to win. I don't doubt that. I was just saying that even knowing that..I'd still be shocked if he actually pulls it off.

Cheers

-DR

silva is gonna play wit him then he'll get bored and smash him ,,, never mind gsp silva ,,, lets hope shogun beats machida and then silva shogun ,,, i even heard he might try his luck as a heavy weight ,, that wod b fun to see maybe kongo vs silva ,,,, silvas manager did say he wanted to put on the biggest fights and maybe go up to heavyweight ...

Cheers

-DR

what's the deal with the mayans?

this comment is not directed at anyone but when i say vitor has little chance of winning, i'm not saying he's a bad fighter or anything, just that silva is just so much better.

what's the deal with the mayans?

this comment is not directed at anyone but when i say vitor has little chance of winning' date=' i'm not saying he's a bad fighter or anything, just that silva is just so much better.[/quote']

The Mayan calendar is said by SOME to predict the end of the world.

In reality it's a bunch of hype..and the descendants of the Mayans today think it's laughable that "westerners" buy into the apocalypse scenario but...yeah....that's what that comment was about..

As for Belfort..I agree he's a good fighter..Silva is just on another level

Cheers

-DR

The Mayan calendar is said by SOME to predict the end of the world.

In reality it's a bunch of hype..and the descendants of the Mayans today think it's laughable that "westerners" buy into the apocalypse scenario but...yeah....that's what that comment was about..

As for Belfort..I agree he's a good fighter..Silva is just on another level

Cheers

-DR

ok the apocalypse deal, gotcha. nice little pun, i've just been punched in the head about 100 times this past hour so i'm not completely on the ball at the moment.

is it the mayans that believe the more you suffer in death the better off you'll be in the afterlife? that's so intense.

ok the apocalypse deal' date=' gotcha. nice little pun, i've just been punched in the head about 100 times this past hour so i'm not completely on the ball at the moment.

is it the mayans that believe the more you suffer in death the better off you'll be in the afterlife? that's so intense.[/quote']

No the buddhists are the ones who believe in what is called dhukka. And yeah it is pretty intense.

Cheers sir!

-DR

Do anyone of you people actually think Silva will sign a new contract to the UFC after his current one expires?

He's got like what? 2 fights left on paper?

I don't think he's going to move up permanent to LHW..

He wants to end his career while he's unbeaten inside the Octagon, he's apparently expressed his interest in finishing his career after his next birthday

I have one word to describe Anderson's comments if accurate, DIVA. Perhaps he should be dancing with the stars instead of fighting. I'm tired of disgruntled b.s., FIGHT, IT'S YOUR JOB. I'm an Environmental Consultant. I don't refuse to take a job from a competitor IF THEIR CLIENT CALLS me given i'm friends with some of our competitors, I DO MY JOB.

He shouldn't be pissed off...the whole point of fighting in the UFC is to become champion...Silva has to understand that it would be a crazy opportunity for Vitor to pass on....though i agree that Silva will be head bobbing his way to a devastating KO over Vitor.

Cheers

-DR

HAHA - Brilliant !!!!

I seriously can't believe that Anderson is mad, does anyone have a link to see it. I was excited for this fight before but OMG i'm so pumped now. I know Vitor's tough as nails but he must be sh!ting his pants right now.

Archived