Rumble

illegalpoke

What's up with him? Haven't heard squat on Rumble 'cept for his Versus match-up.

I knew Anthony Johnson vs. Diego Sanchez was a great possibility, with the two losses from both well-known fighters (though Sanchez loss at lightweight) and the usual case of matching known guys up coming off a loss. Or, if not him, Mike Swick. (!!!) Or a rematch with JK a la KB. But no.

A fight with John Howard, with his 6 fight winning streak, seems a little off. It almost seems like they want to dare I say get rid of Rumble. Like he ain't pure freaking magic. Thoughts?

Also, who else thinks Rumble could mess up GSP? Just saying.

What's up with him? Haven't heard squat on Rumble 'cept for his Versus match-up.

I knew Anthony Johnson vs. Diego Sanchez was a great possibility' date=' with the two losses from both well-known fighters (though Sanchez loss at lightweight) and the usual case of matching known guys up coming off a loss. Or, if not him, Mike Swick. (!!!) Or a rematch with JK [i']a la[/i] KB. But no.

A fight with John Howard, with his 6 fight winning streak, seems a little off. It almost seems like they want to dare I say get rid of Rumble. Like he ain't pure freaking magic. Thoughts?

Also, who else thinks Rumble could mess up GSP? Just saying.

Why would you hear anything from him or about him other than his next match up in 2 months time?

And he personally asked for the Howard fight and has been for a while. No conspiracy here move along people.

I guess ur love for Brock explains ur negligence in underestimating Rumble's greatness...the cat is young and dangerous...We are talking about a guy who is 5 or 6 years from his PRIME...Watch out GSP, this dude is for real, reguardless of what many think of the Koshcheck performance, Rumble will be a contender, he's too deadly not to be...

I guess ur love for Brock explains ur negligence in underestimating Rumble's greatness...the cat is young and dangerous...We are talking about a guy who is 5 or 6 years from his PRIME...Watch out GSP' date=' this dude is for real, reguardless of what many think of the Koshcheck performance, Rumble will be a contender, he's too deadly not to be...[/quote']

I can't see him being able to stick at Welterweight the older he gets it's just going to get harder. He failed to make weight in his last fight but one, and in his last fight he fainted before the weigh ins due to dehydration.

If he fought GSP he would be gassed out by the end of round 2, in my opinion he needs ot move up to Middleweight and he's certainly still young and talented enough to make a big impact there.

I thought he was doing great against Kos. On his way to a win before Kos pretended his eye was hurt so he had time to recover from the beating he was recieving.

And then Kos threw out his hand with his fingers splayed out as far as they could go....you figure out what THAT means.

And yeah...it was BS...I think rumble would have won had everything been above board so to speak

Cheers

-DR

I don't get why everybody says that Rumble got screwed against Kos. If memory serves me, Rumble hit Kos with an illegal knee, Kos was given 5 minutes to recover, then Kos choked Rumble TFO. How is that cheap? Kos made Rumble tap, it's not like he won a cheap decision. Rumble just needs to realize that he's a 185 lb fighter so he's not so damned malnurished for his fights.

I don't get why everybody says that Rumble got screwed against Kos. If memory serves me' date=' Rumble hit Kos with an illegal knee, Kos was given 5 minutes to recover, then Kos choked Rumble TFO. How is that cheap? Kos made Rumble tap, it's not like he won a cheap decision. Rumble just needs to realize that he's a 185 lb fighter so he's not so damned malnurished for his fights.[/quote']

agreed, especially considering the fight was stood back up after the 5 minutes were up

rumble was a junior college wrestling national champion, and anyone who enjoys wrestling on the college level will tell you there is no huge drop off in talent from d1 to junior colleges, he has a credible wrestling game, though admittedly not tested in the ufc, he def has to work on his bjj, but assumiong he becomes decent at that, he has tremendous upside and can compete at 185

I guess ur love for Brock explains ur negligence in underestimating Rumble's greatness...the cat is young and dangerous...We are talking about a guy who is 5 or 6 years from his PRIME...Watch out GSP' date=' this dude is for real, reguardless of what many think of the Koshcheck performance, Rumble will be a contender, he's too deadly not to be...[/quote']

Actually since he started the roids, Rumble is 5 years past his prime now. He will be having hip surgery any day now.

i feel that rumble was screwed in his last fight.

Cheers

-dr

i second that.first off the illegal knee never connected' date='to he was poked in the twice before kos choose to take him down again in which he couldn't the first time around so...a rematch is needed so he can prove he is a force and that he was cheated[/size']

i second that.first off the illegal knee never connected' date='to he was poked in the twice before kos choose to take him down again in which he couldn't the first time around so...a rematch is needed so he can prove he is a force and that he was cheated[/size']

Yep...the knee was a non issue he wasn't caught clean..it glanced off his forearm. He was shaken from the beating he took prior to the knee and used the knee as an excuse to not lose and give himself time to recover.

And watch that fight again...pay attention to the slow motion of the eye poke Johnson received. Koscheck is throwing out that hand with his fingers opened wide fully stretch in a line RIGHT AT RUMBLES EYES. Period. That **** was intentional, wrestlers learn some dirty **** in their sport...and Kos has continued with that into MMA.

Cheers

-DR

Archived