what do you think of this?

Uwillsubmit

so there was this show called bully beat down (dunno if its still running) hosted by jason mayhem miller, the jist of the show is that they confront a bully who used to pick on someone when they were younger and they challenge him to 2 rounds with an MMA fighter some of the fighters include jake shields eddie alvarez and andre arovski

any way there is the potential to win 10k for either the bully or the victim depending on the way the 2 rounds end up.

anyway my beef is that tapout and other mma companies put sponsorship or advertising money into this show for these people to win 10k, yet show after show we see actual mma fighters making half or less then that for an undercard fight with the ufc, do you think there is something wrong with this or am i being fickle?

i just think that if some mma companies such as tap out can put money up for a show that in reality wont be seen by alot of people why cant they do more for the lower paid fighters who fight on ppv cards that get seen by 10x as many people.

i think the show is funny but i also think its an insult to real mma fighters

so there was this show called bully beat down (dunno if its still running) hosted by jason mayhem miller' date=' the jist of the show is that they confront a bully who used to pick on someone when they were younger and they challenge him to 2 rounds with an MMA fighter some of the fighters include jake shields eddie alvarez and andre arovski

any way there is the potential to win 10k for either the bully or the victim depending on the way the 2 rounds end up.

anyway my beef is that tapout and other mma companies put sponsorship or advertising money into this show for these people to win 10k, yet show after show we see actual mma fighters making half or less then that for an undercard fight with the ufc, do you think there is something wrong with this or am i being fickle?

i just think that if some mma companies such as tap out can put money up for a show that in reality wont be seen by alot of people why cant they do more for the lower paid fighters who fight on ppv cards that get seen by 10x as many people.

i think the show is funny but i also think its an insult to real mma fighters[/quote']

That show was on the other day. And I was thinking the same thing as far as pay goes. Kinda pissed me off a little. When there is the potential to win 10k...on a tv show for guys that aren't even pro fighters....and yet...in the UFC the MAJOR LEAGUES of the sport....there are guys only getting 5 and 6k for a WIN.

It's wrong.

Cheers

-DR

At the UFC level I don't think anyone should make less than 20k per fight. These guys are the best of the best. They put in the time and work...to make it to the big show...and they deserve something for their efforts.

Because 6k isn't going very far if you have an injury like Faber had in his second fight with Brown. Or Razak Al-Hassan. Or Corey Hill.

The UFC is successful and making million OFF OF THE FIGHTERS..hopefully they see some of that success. I truly believe the ONLY threat to the UFC being the number one promotion forever...would be the fighters forming a union...and refusing to fight until they get paid decently.

I'd hate for things to get to that point, but it's the only thing I can think of that would hurt the UFC's domination of the sport.

Cheers

-DR

While there is a obvious difference in the reward on the show and actual MMA fighter salaries, I don't think I have ever seen a bully walk out of there with much more than 2 grand, and considering the embarrasment, probably understandable...although its an insult, it is also publicity for a significantly growing sport thats needs all the exposure it can get, if ****s got to learn a lesson in the meantime, well so be it...I'm for anything that helps this sport grow, and the show displays the superiority of the MMA atheletes!

Apparently one of the bullies did KO the MMA pro. It was a headline on yahoo news MMA section months ago. Sad..that guy will NEVER live that down. But he had a **** record and they probably couldn't find anyone else who would do it at the time. Or maybe he begged for the fight for the paycheck..who knows.

Cheers

-DR

20k min sounds good.

That's what I'm thinking. Enough to get by for a few months if you get an injury and a sign that you've made it into the majors...but not so much that the UFC isn't still making millions. It's just more incentive for the up and comers to get into the UFC and do well.

Yeah just did quick math...20k for 20 guys..figuring a 10 fight card. Is only 400,000. Sure the bigger names will make more. But most will make around the 20 mark. The gate alone will cover the purses most of the time...and if they have to go into the PPV money a little. Who cares..it's all money coming from the same fights..and going to the same place..the UFC.

Cheers

-DR

The show is funny as hells. I dont agree in paying atlete much money at all, 2-6K is perfect after all they have tons of sponsors to go along with the fight pay. They get double when they win anyhow. Think about it this way. What does 6K for fighting 15 minutes break down to? thats like 24,000 an hour. Really good money. All people who play sports professionally are way over paid. Some more than others but I agree that fighters are on the lower end of overpaid.

The show is funny as hells. I dont agree in paying atlete much money at all' date=' 2-6K is perfect after all they have tons of sponsors to go along with the fight pay. They get double when they win anyhow. Think about it this way. What does 6K for fighting 15 minutes break down to? thats like 24,000 an hour. Really good money. All people who play sports professionally are way over paid. Some more than others but I agree that fighters are on the lower end of overpaid.[/quote']

I agree that the vast majority of athletes and entertainers are overpaid.

BUT...these guys to prepare for a fight spend sometimes 8 hours a day..for months...getting physically ready. So it's not just the 15 minutes we see. And that training costs money.

On top of that they have to pay normal bills..and eat right...and eating right isn't cheap sadly.

So if the UFC covered all training costs AND living expenses...say rent..utilities and a modest food budget..then sure...5k would be fine...

but in reality..it's kinda messed up unless they get a bunch of cash from sponsors...but sponsors dont start paying big until you are a name...and if you are a name..you are already making decent money..so...

yeah

Cheers

-DR

BUT...these guys to prepare for a fight spend sometimes 8 hours a day..for months...getting physically ready. So it's not just the 15 minutes we see. And that training costs money.

On top of that they have to pay normal bills..and eat right...and eating right isn't cheap sadly.

So if the UFC covered all training costs AND living expenses...say rent..utilities and a modest food budget..then sure...5k would be fine...

but in reality..it's kinda messed up unless they get a bunch of cash from sponsors...but sponsors dont start paying big until you are a name...and if you are a name..you are already making decent money..so...

yeah

Cheers

-DR

I fought for 6 months living in a tent for 500 a fight 300 win bonus and 1,000 for a KO. Good money for an org that no longer exsists and was only around underground for like 3 years. getting 5K would have been over the top. All the moeny from that org came from selling tickets at 100 a pop and all the illeagal betting.

yeah

Cheers

-DR

exactly.

I fought for 6 months living in a tent for 500 a fight 300 win bonus and 1' date='000 for a KO. Good money for an org that no longer exsists and was only around underground for like 3 years. getting 5K would have been over the top. All the moeny from that org came from selling tickets at 100 a pop and all the illeagal betting.[/quote']

But we're not talking about small underground promotions, we're talking about fighters that have made their way into the biggest promotion, the UFC.

The show is funny as hells. I dont agree in paying atlete much money at all' date=' 2-6K is perfect after all they have tons of sponsors to go along with the fight pay. They get double when they win anyhow. Think about it this way. What does 6K for fighting 15 minutes break down to? thats like 24,000 an hour. Really good money. All people who play sports professionally are way over paid. Some more than others but I agree that fighters are on the lower end of overpaid.[/quote']

Ahh I see you are taking a break from cheating on your wife.

well, maybe these fight promotions feel that the fighters are the same as say a server in a restaurant?? Servers get paid a sh!t wage for hard work, why? because they can make tips. The better they are, the more tips they get. well, a fighter has sponsers. The harder they work and better they get, the more a sponser "tips" them. They accept the low wage because if they don't, they know someone else will. Then they lose it all. A great Server will draw customers to a restaurant like a great fighter will draw a ppv crown and gate, so they get more to stick around. And since nobody really has any idea what a fighter gets from a sponser, either on a fight card or on a TV show, we can't really complain about how much/little they get.

I agree the pay is low' date=' but I havnt seen any fighters get 5-6k for a win in the UFC, I mean usually the pay-per-view win bonus is 25-55k for the average fights. Right?[/quote']

dear god no some if they lose only get 4k google ufc salaries from XXX event and you will see what the lower scale get paid

how that show is anything to do with UFC?

not ufc persay but there are sponsors of this show that are sponsors of the ufc aswell, i just find it sad that a mug off the street can get in the octagon with a mma fighter and win more money then a dude who trains for a couple months and does this for a living

Archived