Lets make this interesting

artvandelay-1

Alright, we all know that there are people who like Brock and people who don't, (for the record I like him) If he beats his next opponent either Mir or Carwin or whoever the people who don't like him should admit that he is a great fighter and make a promise not to bad mouth him till his next fight. If he loses then everyone who likes him (me included) has to say he is overated and can't defend or talk about how good he is till his next fight. That way you are kindof backing up what you are saying instead of just spewing out crap day after day ( depending on your point of view) We have enough of people on both sides to keep track of who said what.

Alright' date=' we all know that there are people who like Brock and people who don't, (for the record I like him) If he beats his next opponent either Mir or Carwin or whoever the people who don't like him should admit that he is a great fighter and make a promise not to bad mouth him till his next fight. If he loses then everyone who likes him (me included) has to say he is overated and can't defend or talk about how good he is till his next fight. That way you are kindof backing up what you are saying instead of just spewing out crap day after day ( depending on your point of view) We have enough of people on both sides to keep track of who said what.[/quote']

Just because you can beat someone with your massive size does not make you a great fighter. When Brock decisively beats a few good HW's around 265 lbs, then I will give him props.

You should take lessons from SCO. At least he knows what he's talking about, but only to an extent, of course.

Damn! Did I just complimented Sco?

Alright' date=' we all know that there are people who like Brock and people who don't, (for the record I like him) If he beats his next opponent either Mir or Carwin or whoever the people who don't like him should admit that he is a great fighter and make a promise not to bad mouth him till his next fight. If he loses then everyone who likes him (me included) has to say he is overated and can't defend or talk about how good he is till his next fight. That way you are kindof backing up what you are saying instead of just spewing out crap day after day ( depending on your point of view) We have enough of people on both sides to keep track of who said what.[/quote']

i promised to say sorry for calling Lesnar "paper champ" IF he beats Mir on theyr third fight

You cannot call him a great fighter after winning 5 fights. Getting a title shot after 3 wins means that you are very overrated.

If Brock loose against Mir/Carwin, you cannot call him overrated yet coz he only have 5 fights then, and his record would become 4-2, I think it's still a decent record. But if Brock beats Mir/Carwin in his next fight I think he will overtake Fedor as the Best HW of this year, coz his opponent Mir/Carwin is a top notch HW compared to Fedor's opponent Werdum. So if you consider the degree of difficulty, then Brock has the difficult one.

If Brock loose against Mir/Carwin' date=' you cannot call him overrated yet coz he only have 5 fights then, and his record would become 4-2, I think it's still a decent record. [b']But if Brock beats Mir/Carwin in his next fight I think he will overtake Fedor as the Best HW[/b] of this year, coz his opponent Mir/Carwin is a top notch HW compared to Fedor's opponent Werdum. So if you consider the degree of difficulty, then Brock has the difficult one.

What kind of logic is this? You are trying to compare a decade of supremacy to a mere 6 fights. You must be an extreme liberal bordering on delusional.

What kind of logic is this? You are trying to compare a decade of supremacy to a mere 6 fights. You must be an extreme liberal bordering on delusional.

I mean this year only that Brock will overtake Fedor then, coz he fights top notch opponent than Fedor this year. It's like this let's say Fedor is the MVP (Best HW) since 2003-2009. Then Brock take the awards this year 2010 coz he beats all his opponent this year and they way top notch opponent than Fedor will beat this year at SF. By then again if Fedor beats a lots of top notch HW in SF next year then the title of Best HW will be again his for 2011.

I mean this year only that Brock will overtake Fedor then' date=' coz he fights top notch opponent than Fedor this year. It's like this let's say Fedor is the MVP (Best HW) since 2003-2009. Then Brock take the awards this year 2010 coz he beats all his opponent this year and they way top notch opponent than Fedor will beat this year at SF. By then again if Fedor beats a lots of top notch HW in SF next year then the title of Best HW will be again his for 2011.[/quote']

Brock would have to beat Mir and either Carwin or Nog in 2010 for him to receive HW MVP as you put it.

Darn it' date=' my good name is now ruined! lol[/quote']

I would ban Myself!!

When Brock has an equal number of fights won through displays of skill, a-la submissions, KO's, equal to decisions and TKO's gained through a 35-50 lb weight advantage, then I will respect him as a good fighter.

When he has a 31-1 record over world class opponents (at least for the first 20-25 fights) with wins by every means in the book, then I will respect him as a great fighter.

Til then he is just the Vanilla Gorilla, pushed into a title due to name recognition, and winning through an unheard of size and weight advantage.

That is all!

brock will never be liked because of his back ground and attitude but hes really good and its clear that he has the tools to dominate this crop of heavy weights, only mir cain and jds have a shot at beating him but they all have to keep it on the feet with the exception of cain, his wrestling could be good enough to get brock on his back

I would ban Myself!!

When Brock has an equal number of fights won through displays of skill' date=' a-la submissions, KO's, equal to decisions and TKO's gained through a 35-50 lb weight advantage, then I will respect him as a good fighter.

When he has a 31-1 record over world class opponents (at least for the first 20-25 fights) with wins by every means in the book, then I will respect him as a great fighter.

Til then he is just the Vanilla Gorilla, pushed into a title due to name recognition, and winning through an unheard of size and weight advantage.

That is all![/quote']

+ infinity and then some

I would ban Myself!!

When Brock has an equal number of fights won through displays of skill' date=' a-la submissions, KO's, equal to decisions and TKO's gained through a 35-50 lb weight advantage, then I will respect him as a good fighter.

That is all![/quote']

I don't hate Sco. By far, he has argued on Brock's behalf better than anyone else I've come across. He has been able to skewed facts and make them work in his favor which many Brock fans are not able to do. But we all know he is delusional.

Did I redeemed myself or did I just dug a deeper grave?

I don't hate Sco. By far' date=' he has argued on Brock's behalf better than anyone else I've come across. He has been able to skewed facts and make them work in his favor which many Brock fans are not able to do. But we all know he is delusional.

Did I redeemed myself or did I just dug a deeper grave?[/quote']

I am sure you will read the reply in the "Gays in the Military" thread so you know how I feel about him. But don't get me wrong. I am not one of those to call for a ban for SCO due to anything, he does at least keep things stirred up around here most of the time.

There is only one member I have seen on here worthy of a permanent ban, well actually two, but I think they may be one and the same due to some similarities in writing styles.

One is a habitual insulter who takes great pleasure in insulting the USA, England, and basically anyone reading at any time......

And the other has found a way around the curse filters and takes every oppurtunity to make that fact known in his posts....

I will leave it to you to figure out who is who, I am pretty sure you are a smart enough person to do that.

I mean this year only that Brock will overtake Fedor then' date=' coz he fights top notch opponent than Fedor this year. It's like this let's say Fedor is the MVP (Best HW) since 2003-2009. Then Brock take the awards this year 2010 coz he beats all his opponent this year and they way top notch opponent than Fedor will beat this year at SF. By then again if Fedor beats a lots of top notch HW in SF next year then the title of Best HW will be again his for 2011.[/quote']

You really need to let a grown up with a higher IQ than yourself read your posts before they go up for the world to see....

The odds of brock overtaking Fedor in the #1 position are the same as Brock traveling to heaven, KTFOing St Peter, and then taking down and GnPing God. It just wont happen...

QUOTE=KungFuMaster;456830]Just because you can beat someone with your massive size does not make you a great fighter. QUOTE]

so these mma HEAVYWEIGHTS are losing to brock because of his massive size. Must suck training your whole life and being recognised as a top mma fighter and then losing to someone - just because they're bigger than you.

It's the UFC - not primary school. The bigger guy doesnt win just cos he's bigger.

You really need to let a grown up with a higher IQ than yourself read your posts before they go up for the world to see....

The odds of brock overtaking Fedor in the #1 position are the same as Brock traveling to heaven' date=' KTFOing St Peter, and then taking down and GnPing God. It just wont happen...[/quote']

Stick this to your small brain of yours inside your big skull. Do you still consider Fedor to be the Best HW this year just because he had 31-1 record and he has beaten a lot of good HW the last few years. Do you think this is the ATP rankings wherein his points last year wil carry over this year. This year would be a new showdown for him against Brock. If Brock beats Mir & Big Nog/Cain this year then Fedor only beats Werdum & other SF can, who do you think then is the best HW for 2010.

Stick this to your small brain of yours inside your big skull. Do you still consider Fedor to be the Best HW this year just because he had 31-1 record and he has beaten a lot of good HW the last few years. Do you think this is the ATP rankings wherein his points last year wil carry over this year. This year would be a new showdown for him against Brock. If Brock beats Mir & Big Nog/Cain this year then Fedor only beats Werdum & other SF can' date=' who do you think then is the best HW for 2010.[/quote']

Stick this into your little skull.

MMA doesn't have a unified ranking system, so saying that someone has more "points" is just plain stupid.

Most rankings take into account record and skill. Fedor is millions of years away from Brock under this system.

And then there's delusional Brock fanatics that invented a brand new ranking system, solely based in the last 3 fights, to give some cred to the insane claim of him being #1 over Fedor,

Archived