The Iceman's road to the title..

TrueGrit

Since there are a lot of threads of gsp spawing right now i thought i would change it up..There was an article of either mmafanhouse or mmajunkie about chuck liddell proving dana wrong and all those who doesnt think he still has it..that he wants a four fight deal to make one last run for the title..

now chuck is one of my fav. fighters and i hated seein him get dropped by rashad and shogun..So i really hope if he gets this deal he does good..Plus it would be awesome if he did make it to a title shot.. I think he can take out tito just as easy as he has before..They way tito peformed agaisnt forrest it should be no problem..

So chuck gets past him who does he fight? I think rampage should get the title shot if he beats rashad cause that make him 3-0 in his last three fights. The LHW is so deep and has so many contenders it makes it hard to say who has the next title shot..If shogun loses who does he fight? I think if chuck wins he should fight maybe the winner of Lil nog/griffin..Maybe or even Bones if he beats vera..Its really hard to say..

So how you would map out the road to the title for the Iceman?

Round 1

Chuck

vs Chuck

Tito

Machida

vs Shogun Champion

Shogun

Lil Nog

vs Lil Nog

Forrest

Rampage

vs Rampage

Rashad

Bones

vs Bones

Vera

Jardine

vs Bader

Bader

Franklin

vs Franklin

Bonnar

Round 2

Chuck

vs Chuck

Bader

Franklin

vs Franklin

Lil Nog

Rampage

vs Rampage Champion

Shogun

Bones

vs Bones

Machida

Round 3

Chuck

vs Chuck Maybe

Franklin

Rampage

v s Rampage

Bones

Round 4

Chuck vs Rampage for the title. Chuck avenges his losses and becomes champion.

Just bored and made a bracket for a tournament type road to the title. Some of my fighter Bias shows through but it was fun making. I don't see much of a chance of some of these fights even happening let alone turning out how I said.

Round 1

Chuck

vs Chuck

Tito

Machida

vs Shogun Champion

Shogun

Lil Nog

vs Lil Nog

Forrest

Rampage

vs Rampage

Rashad

Bones

vs Bones

Vera

Jardine

vs Bader

Bader

Franklin

vs Franklin

Bonnar

Round 2

Chuck

vs Chuck

Bader

Franklin

vs Franklin

Lil Nog

Rampage

vs Rampage Champion

Shogun

Bones

vs Bones

Machida

Round 3

Chuck

vs Chuck Maybe

Franklin

Rampage

v s Rampage

Bones

Round 4

Chuck vs Rampage for the title. Chuck avenges his losses and becomes champion.

Just bored and made a bracket for a tournament type road to the title. Some of my fighter Bias shows through but it was fun making. I don't see much of a chance of some of these fights even happening let alone turning out how I said.

lol..I dont think this would happen..

I think if Chuck comes back like he used to fight, then it doesn't matter who he fights. When the Iceman was in his prime, he was unstoppable. He got caught up with crazy lifestyle of being rich and famous which created an addiction problem. You could see how different he fought in his last few fights. He really didn't look the same. I don't blame him either. We all have our faults. It seems he's overcome his demons and woke up to reality. If he comes back to win the title, I will consider him the greatest fighter ever. Chuck, if you read this, train harder than ever and try new things. Your fighter instinct is great. Just prove it to all that doubt you.

I think if Chuck comes back like he used to fight' date=' then it doesn't matter who he fights. When the Iceman was in his prime, he was unstoppable. He got caught up with crazy lifestyle of being rich and famous which created an addiction problem. You could see how different he fought in his last few fights. He really didn't look the same. I don't blame him either. We all have our faults. It seems he's overcome his demons and woke up to reality. If he comes back to win the title, I will consider him the greatest fighter ever. Chuck, if you read this, train harder than ever and try new things. Your fighter instinct is great. Just prove it to all that doubt you.[/quote']

I hope your right because he's got a tough road ahead of him. I forgot to put Anderson Silva in my hypothetical bracket.

I think if Chuck comes back like he used to fight' date=' then it doesn't matter who he fights. When the Iceman was in his prime, he was unstoppable. He got caught up with crazy lifestyle of being rich and famous which created an addiction problem. You could see how different he fought in his last few fights. He really didn't look the same. I don't blame him either. We all have our faults. It seems he's overcome his demons and woke up to reality. If he comes back to win the title, I will consider him the greatest fighter ever. Chuck, if you read this, train harder than ever and try new things. Your fighter instinct is great. Just prove it to all that doubt you.[/quote']

Chuck is gettin beat down by the younger, faster generation of fighters...his recent victory was over another older fighter in W. Silva by decision...I expect him to take out Tito because that's what he does to Tito...but other than that, these young guys appear to be too quick for him...i don't think he will have success at a title run...i think the UFC should give Liddell fights with fighters like Forrest and Ace who really aren't gonna KO Liddell...it would be a shame for Liddell to end his career with all these TKO/KO losses...

Chucks biggest issue is that he only want to bang. His wrestling/takedowns are incredible but he doesn't make use of it. He's way too willing to get hit to make a shot. That's fine when getting hit by guys like Tito who really don't have that KO punching power but when you do it against guys like Rampage/Rashad and Sho Gun your gonna get tagged. He needs to use is wrestling more for offense and do more GNP. That take down that he did to Sho Gun was excellent then he just stood back up. This told Sho Gun that ya, he might go for a take down but he won't do anything with it so I can unload on him. And look what happened. Lights out. Guys with good striking can make their striking much stronger if they mix up more ground work too. Chucks only downfall in my opinion is his lack of gound use. The worst part is, he has the skills to do it. Take the fight with Jardine. He dominated the first round. He took a solid body kick from Jardine later and never was able to hit with any power the rest of the fight. If he would have taken Jardine down he could have turned that fight into a win. Chuck has the ability to continue to stay at the top of the division but only if he's willing to use more tools.

think the iceman in his prime could have taken out silva?
I think that's a very interesting question. That would have been a fight worth paying to see, wouldn't it?

At his prime Chuck intimidated other fighters, as does Anderson Silva, and that definitely had advantages. Opponents had trouble finding their range when Chuck was knocking people out left and right, and Chuck got used to that (same with Silva). Their fear altered his style.

You could easily compare the way Tito Ortiz fought Chuck (both times) to the way Forest Griffin fought Silva. Ortiz and Griffin eventually limited themselves to taking awkward lunging shots, because they didn't want to step into their opponent's range.

Now that he's sober, maybe Chuck's timing will come back. I hope it does, because I'm a lifelong fan.

Rampage disposed of Chuck pretty handily both times, don't see anything changing or any reason for a third fight. Chuck could pull together a win or two and go out on a high note, not sure if he could reach title status, but there are plenty of matchups that i would like to see involving Chuck in the octagon. (RIch Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Jardine(rematch)) and a few I wish would have happened (D. Henderson and Rematch with W. Silva).

Rampage disposed of Chuck pretty handily both times' date=' don't see anything changing or any reason for a third fight. Chuck could pull together a win or two and go out on a high note, not sure if he could reach title status, but there are plenty of matchups that i would like to see involving Chuck in the octagon. (RIch Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Jardine(rematch)) and a few I wish would have happened (D. Henderson and Rematch with W. Silva).[/quote']

I would have LOVED to see Liddell/Hendo.

LMAO!!

Bader? Put Chuck to sleep? Riiiiiiiight... :rolleyes:

Also LOL @ Jones beating Machida.

I think anyone with half way decent punching power could put chuck away...I think there are a lot of MWs that could put Chuck to sleep now. Chuck is the past and I think your crazy if you think otherwise. If Bader landed clean to the chin he could put Gramps down for sure. As far as jones beating machida that was someone else and you need to get your facts straight.

Archived