Shogun / Lil Nog, rematch? yes or no?

Hossack

The Best of Pride just showed one of my favorite fights: Shogun / Lil Nog.

A war on the ground and standing, it was testament to the greatness of both fighters. Both were undefeated before this fight. The judges gave it to Shogun with a deserved decision victory, but it was a very close and exciting fight everywhere it went.

I would love to see this as a rematch. Both still have momentum and are still relevant to the LHW division. Especially if Nogueira gets past Griffin at 113.

No matter which way their upcoming matches go I could see this happening again soon, I think the fans would love it and there's no way that it would be boring.

Their first fight was simply awesome. With the improvements Rogerio has made in his game I think would lower the ease with which Shogun got the takedowns, and I think the standing war would be more even now as well.

In the future yes' date=' but Lil Nog is not deserving of a chance to fight Shogun yet, especialy if he becomes UFC champ. I think we will see this happen though, Lil Nog will definately get a title shot at some point, I feel.[/quote']

One more showing like the Luiz Cane fight and Lil Nog will be more deserving of a title shot than Shogun was. Not sure if Machida would fight Lil Nog (given Machida beats Shogun again.) I've seen articles saying he may, and articles saying he wouldn't. If Shogun beats Machida, a decicive win over Forrest would definately put Lil Nog in there as a probable title challenger. If Shogun loses they may fight again anyways after the rumored Lil Nog/Griffin Fight and give the winner of Rampage/Evans a title shot. I feel that theres really no avoiding an eventual match-up of the two.

Lil Nog, one of the most celebrated mixed martial artists in history, doesn't "deserve" to fight Shogun again when their first fight was one of the greatest single fights in the history of this sport?

Riiiight!

The rematch is inevitable, and could go either way, Lil Nog is every bit the fighter that the much vaunted Shogun is. and I personally think has a better shot at defeating Machida than Shogun, styllistically speeaking.

In the future yes' date=' [b']but Lil Nog is not deserving of a chance to fight Shogun yet[/b], especialy if he becomes UFC champ. I think we will see this happen though, Lil Nog will definately get a title shot at some point, I feel.

what do you mean by that? was shogun deserving a chance to fight machida when he lost to forrest, was losing against coleman until the early stoppage and a decent win over liddell? no he wasn't, so if lil nog beats forrest and shogun becomes champ.....lets make it happen

Boring people' date=' freaking awesome fighters.

Boring in interviews and such, WOW exciting in the cage!

Not really boring lol, just not much personality.[/quote']

haven't seen a lot of lil nog but big nog seems like a cool guy with a good personality so i assume lil nog would be too.

what do you mean by that? was shogun deserving a chance to fight machida when he lost to forrest' date=' was losing against coleman until the early stoppage and a decent win over liddell? no he wasn't, so if lil nog beats forrest and shogun becomes champ.....lets make it happen[/quote']

Well I wouldn't say he was losing but, that's my opinion.

Shogun/lil Nogueira would be great, that's now on my years fight list. Could be a another classic.

I never was a fan of the rematches unless its absolutly neccesery. I like fighters to face diverse opposition. Like the third fight between Rampage and Wandy. Wandy had absolutly nothing to gain from that. Or now Chuck and Tito. Chuck also has nothing to gain

actually a win over tito might give him some needed confidence after his recent fights, and if he loses he might decide that he is truly finished, so i don't think there is nothing to gain.

A war on the ground and standing' date=' it was testament to the greatness of both fighters. [b']Both were undefeated before this fight[/b]. The judges gave it to Shogun with a deserved decision victory, but it was a very close and exciting fight everywhere it went.

I would love to see this as a rematch. Both still have momentum and are still relevant to the LHW division. Especially if Nogueira gets past Griffin at 113.

No matter which way their upcoming matches go I could see this happening again soon, I think the fans would love it and there's no way that it would be boring.

Their first fight was simply awesome. With the improvements Rogerio has made in his game I think would lower the ease with which Shogun got the takedowns, and I think the standing war would be more even now as well.

Shogun got subbed by Babalu before this fight happened...

A war on the ground and standing' date=' it was testament to the greatness of both fighters. Both were undefeated before this fight. The judges gave it to Shogun with a deserved decision victory, but it was a very close and exciting fight everywhere it went.

Their first fight was simply awesome. With the improvements Rogerio has made in his game I think would lower the ease with which Shogun got the takedowns, and I think the standing war would be more even now as well.[/quote']

If Rogerio beats Griffin and Shogun loses to Machida I would like to see this fight happen next.

Archived