Forrest griffin says lil nog is a bad match up for him.

chainsaw084

"That is a horrible fight for me. I have trained with his brother a little bit, so he already has the 'inside scoop' on me, he's a southpaw, has got a good chin, and has good power. Plus he is pretty solid on the ground. The only place I would have an advantage would be wrestling... and my wrestling is not that good. So yeah, that?s a tough match up for me. I'd do it, if that?s what they wanted, but being straight up, there are other guys I'd rather fight."

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin tells MMASportsMag he isn't exactly warm and fuzzy over his planned match up against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira UFC 113 event from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on May 8. Perhaps Griffin is still a little weary of Brazilians after the clobbering he took against Anderson Silva last year -- is it that a loss to "Lil' Nog" could send him tumbling down the 205-pound rankings? Unfortunately there is very little margin for error in this division. Where does Forrest rank before and after the Nogueira fight?

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/1/29/1283153/lil-nogueira-is-a-horrible-fight

I Feel bad for Forrest ever since his loss to silva he just isnt the same, He seems to have really no confidence in himself, He wanted the fight with shogun when shogun first came over to the UFC, he wanted to fight rampage who i would say is mor dangourus then lil nog, What happened to the forrest that says he will fight anyone and not turn any fight down. but i understand he isnt not taking the fight he just kinda knows he is gonna lose, but i think he can win he just has to go in with the same attitudew he did against silva and the same gameplan against rampage

dont see how hes gonna doubt himself this much by pretty much saying hes gonna lose. if he doesnt see himself winning against lil nog then he should just move down a weightclass imo. lil nog isnt even the top contender what makes forrest think he can even compete with the best in the divison if hes alredy doubting himself. whats he gonna do if he gets a couple of wins wait till someone he thinks he can beat wins the title and fight them?

Why the **** does he act like a ***** for?' date=' your a fighter man you shouldn't be saying stuff like that[/quote']

He's being honest. It is a tough matchup. It's another Black House guy. And he's tempering his honesty with a bit of humor. But still...the guy doesn't want to lose, and he knows there is alot of potential for that.

I wouldn't call a guy like forrest a *****. He had the balls to go in there and do what he could against the best fighter in the world. If you can't be a fan of his as a fighter...at least respect him as a man, because alot of his fights took balls.

Cheers

-DR

Forrest is one of the best in the world and he has to fight the best in the world. If he thinks his skills are bad he should start training for better skills than better conditioning. There's a reason why Forrest has the best condition, because while he's running Lil Nog is learning striking and submissions. (Not that little nog is out of shape)

He's being honest. It is a tough matchup. It's another Black House guy. And he's tempering his honesty with a bit of humor. But still...the guy doesn't want to lose' date=' and he knows there is alot of potential for that.

I wouldn't call a guy like forrest a *****. He had the balls to go in there and do what he could against the best fighter in the world. If you can't be a fan of his as a fighter...at least respect him as a man, because alot of his fights took balls.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

I respect Forrest as a fighter for sure, but when he's saying all this then i mean how can you respect him? he basically has it in his head now that he can't win the fight.Silva has destroyed Forrest' career.

dont see how hes gonna doubt himself this much by pretty much saying hes gonna lose. if he doesnt see himself winning against lil nog then he should just move down a weightclass imo. lil nog isnt even the top contender what makes forrest think he can even compete with the best in the divison if hes alredy doubting himself. whats he gonna do if he gets a couple of wins wait till someone he thinks he can beat wins the title and fight them?

Where to begin............

1. Forrest says this type of thing before every one of his fights.

2. Forrest would have to lose a limb to cut down to 185. He is a huge 205.

3. Forrest wants to fight guys with big names. Lil Nog is an unknow to the casual MMA fan.

Bottom line is, Forrest messes around like this before all his fights. He'll be in shape and he'll put on a show. Count on it.

I respect Forrest as a fighter for sure' date=' but when he's saying all this then i mean how can you respect him? he basically has it in his head now that he can't win the fight.Silva has destroyed Forrest' career.[/quote']

Yeah I see what you mean. It's hard to pull for a guy who's beating himself before the bell. But still I respect him for what he's done. I agree that he needs to change his attitude, because he's ensuring his defeat going in like this.

Cheers

-DR

people keep sayig itss a bad matchup for forrest. if he cant beat the competition he should be fighting at a diffrent level or maybe move down a weightclass

It's impossible for Griffin to make 185. And he has earned the chance to fight at the top. It's just a hard place to be because at LHW everyone is a bad man.

Cheers

-DR

It's impossible for Griffin to make 185. And he has earned the chance to fight at the top. It's just a hard place to be because at LHW everyone is a bad man.

Cheers

-DR[/quote

He needs to do somethin cus if ur saying ur not as good as ur competition then why bother watch him even fight anymore? of course he can still win im not counting him out or anything but i really dont think a fighter ought to say things like that unless they are prepared to step down a level of competition sure he beat a washed up tito but i think his career will end there by the way hes thinkin in ur mind you always have to win before you can go win for real

Forrest is obviously joking. Id give an advatage to Lil Nog but I have learned so far that you can never count Forrest out.

plus 10,001

NEVER count forrest griffin out of any fight. and that is for damn sure

forrest will come to fight no matter who. like joe rogan says he got dropped by anderson and went chasing after him with punches, thats just how forrest is

I just read a fan comment calling Forest a 'C' grade figher. Do C grade fighters tap out shogun? Take rampage 5 rounds? He's a good fighter' date=' he'll fight his heart out.[/quote']

... they do run from the octagon w/o doing post-fight interviews after being 100% out-classed & then hide for 6 months ! :rolleyes:

... they do run from the octagon w/o doing post-fight interviews after being 100% out-classed & then hide for 6 months ! :rolleyes:

i dont think your in any postion to say what forrest does. griffin showed trendemous heart to even accept the fight. he trained so hard and beilieved he could win, when he got humilated, he was disapointed in his effort, deff does not have to do with class or what not. deff did not hide for 6 months. i mean the dude was one of the main reasons's for ufc to become popular, hes forgot about the silva fight and all the forrest's have should have as well. and he also apoligized which was proablly very hard for him to do. Until your in his shoes and you know what its like dont talk about that.

i dont think your in any postion to say what forrest does. griffin showed trendemous heart to even accept the fight. he trained so hard and beilieved he could win' date=' when he got humilated, he was disapointed in his effort, deff does not have to do with class or what not. deff did not hide for 6 months. i mean the dude was one of the main reasons's for ufc to become popular, hes forgot about the silva fight and all the forrest's have should have as well. and he also apoligized which was proablly very hard for him to do. Until your in his shoes and you know what its like dont talk about that.[/quote']

I ain't buyin' your crap, real men don't behave like cowards ...

Why the **** does he act like a ***** for?' date=' your a fighter man you shouldn't be saying stuff like that[/quote']

i agree with the other guy, it's refreshing to hear someone not try and hype them selves up all the time and actually be realistic, and honest, i wish more people would act like this.

At least he's realistic.

Forrest tends to give more credit to opponents in every pre and post fight interview than they might deserve. Lil Nog deserves his respect but, Forrest will never step up and stay that he's good or that he disrespects someone... he's always respectful and helping build up his opponents even at his own expense

At least he's realistic.

IMO Griffin is the MOST modest man I have come across, he admits things the average person is thinking of and I give him credit for that, because Lil Nog' is a very bad match-up for Griffin, but also IMO most people at LHW are a bad match-up for Griffin, he is king of being underdog and being upset by Gritty Strikers like Jardine and Lil Nog

hahaha this is quite funny,

i actually can't wait for lil nog to knock him the F*** out

in a seriousness, what can forrest do?.....nothing lol he can throw leg kicks, thats it, luiz cane has a granite chin and nog put him away with eeease, too bad forrest's chin isn't that good, that should be too good, haha

Forrest is a good fighter and I for one think that its better to have a more realistic additude towards your opponent rather than to just say I am definitly going to win.

I used to train Judo and when I thought that I am going to lose I almost always won but when I thought I was going to win I did much worse then expected. If you think you are going to lose and still accept the fight you are going to do much better beacuse you will try harder at least that was the case for me. Maybe this is the case for Forrest too. I dont think he has a bad adittude about this at all.

I ain't buyin' your crap' date=' real men don't behave like cowards ...[/quote']

James Irvin confirmed that 4 "big name" LHW's turned down a fight with Silva before he took it. I'm sure after Silva DESTROYED Irvin that even more people turned down Silva. Griffin took the fight coming off a loss. Call him emotional, call him immature, but he clearly is not a coward.

James Irvin confirmed that 4 "big name" LHW's turned down a fight with Silva before he took it. I'm sure after Silva DESTROYED Irvin that even more people turned down Silva. Griffin took the fight coming off a loss. Call him emotional' date=' call him immature, but he clearly is not a coward.[/quote']

.. ok, does anyone remember the begging jesture gump was making on the mat

before he ran away & hid for 6 months ? .. I have never seen that type of behavior in mma except for Sapp,

.. gump took the fight because in his own diluted mind, he thought he could compete w/ a

mma legend (reality makes cowards) .. now he's begging off rogerio .. bruce lee would not approve of this chicken-poop pretender & people would serve themselves better if they chose real men to support,

couture

rogerio & rodrigo

marquardt

machida

.......................... all excellent role-models & real men ;)

i dont know where ppl are gettin the idea that he isnt takin this fight.he never said that he wasnt gonna take the fight because he wont just coward away from a fight,he never has.this is forrest puttin this fight in perspective an its probly motivating him to just train harder for this fight.hes gonna come out like the same forrest we've seen throughout his career.i think hes gonna come out swinging and i actually thik that hes gonna beat lil nog (thats probly a lil biased but i realy dont care cuz im a forrest fan til death)

.. ok' date=' does anyone remember the begging jesture gump was making on the mat

[b']before he ran away & hid for 6 months ?[/b] .. I have never seen that type of behavior in mma except for Sapp,

.. gump took the fight because in his own diluted mind, he thought he could compete w/ a

mma legend (reality makes cowards) .. now he's begging off rogerio .. bruce lee would not approve of this chicken-poop pretender & people would serve themselves better if they chose real men to support,

couture

rogerio & rodrigo

marquardt

machida

.......................... all excellent role-models & real men ;)

Griffin headlined UFC 106 3 months after he lost to Silva... so he definately didn't run and hide for 6 months.

There's no debating that Anderson broke Forrest.. Forrest said so himself... but he came back and fought.

Bottom line is that Forrest is emotional, which can be good at times, and bad at times... some people like him because of how he is, some don't. That's just the way it goes. But Forrest will always show up to fight.

Griffin headlined UFC 106 3 months after he lost to Silva... so he definately didn't run and hide for 6 months.

There's no debating that Anderson broke Forrest.. Forrest said so himself... but he came back and fought.

Bottom line is that Forrest is emotional' date=' which can be good at times, and bad at times... some people like him because of how he is, some don't. That's just the way it goes. But Forrest will always show up to fight.[/quote']

... it took over 7 hours for someone to catch that, not alot of genuine support for gump ...

(the check is in the mail) .. :eek:

Archived