(Video): Wes Sims Interview

freedom

i am a person and i laugh with him

+1 I'm going with Sims on this one. Hope his cardio doesn't show up like the Mir/Sims 2 fight. Good fight for Lashley though. Sims isn't the best fighter, but he is good and is well known. A win for Lashley means he's for real. A loss means WWE should remain his top priorety.

and he has had 1 week to prepare for this fight. I dont expect Simms to be in the same neighborhood as a win.

A pro fighter should be training all the time, so hopefully he has at least been doing some workouts and gaining skill. But Wes looked horrible on TUF, actually I never seen him look good in any fight so I don't expect him to pull off a W.

As far as his personallity, I don't find him funny one bit, but rather that annoying type person always trying to get attention, but hey thats just me.

A pro fighter should be training all the time' date=' so hopefully he has at least been doing some workouts and gaining skill.

[/quote']

Actually that is not at all the way most fighters train before a fight. They almost always know who they will be facing a few months in advance and modify their training to better combat their opponents strengths and take advantage of their weaknesses. Their training camps last anywhere from 8-12 weeks.

Actually that is not at all the way most fighters train before a fight. They almost always know who they will be facing a few months in advance and modify their training to better combat their opponents strengths and take advantage of their weaknesses. Their training camps last anywhere from 8-12 weeks.

my point being that him saying he has only had a week to train, true for this particulair fight, but he should be training all the time for any fight. I mean just because they train a month or so for a particulair fight, doesn't mean that they sit on their butts untill a fight comes, then train.

my point being that him saying he has only had a week to train' date=' true for this particulair fight, but he should be training all the time for any fight. I mean just because they train a month or so for a particulair fight, doesn't mean that they sit on their butts untill a fight comes, then train.[/quote']

Nowhere did I say that they sit on their butts and not train. Almost all fighters train year round with a couple of weeks off in between fights. The way they train for a particular a fight is totally dependent on their opponent.

For example Cain Velasquez fighting Nogueira - his fight camp before this fight is totally different compared to his fight camp before the Kongo fight. Two completely different fighters which means he and his team watch a lot of tape on the opponent, they look for holes and strengths and formulate a training regime on what they think is the best way to combat that.

In this case Wes Sims didnt get that opportunity. Even if he was training (maybe he had a couple off weeks before this) who knows what kind of training he was doing? Training for a fight is very precise now. A solid gameplan is half the battle - it is completely possible that in the earlier days of MMA, fighters did what you are saying but that is not the case anymore. I am not saying that there arent any fighters who take fights on short notice.

Nowhere did I say that they sit on their butts and not train. Almost all fighters train year round with a couple of weeks off in between fights. The way they train for a particular a fight is totally dependent on their opponent.

For example Cain Velasquez fighting Nogueira - his fight camp before this fight is totally different compared to his fight camp before the Kongo fight. Two completely different fighters which means he and his team watch a lot of tape on the opponent' date=' they look for holes and strengths and formulate a training regime on what they think is the best way to combat that.

In this case Wes Sims didnt get that opportunity. Even if he was training (maybe he had a couple off weeks before this) who knows what kind of training he was doing? Training for a fight is very precise now. A solid gameplan is half the battle - it is completely possible that in the earlier days of MMA, fighters did what you are saying but that is not the case anymore. I am not saying that there arent any fighters who take fights on short notice.[/quote']

no need to get your panties all in a bunch man :-). There have been several fighters who have taken fights on last minute notice and won, while its not a perfect scenario, I don't think using only a weeks worth of prep as a valid crutch or excuse. They should be able to fight anyone anytime, and most fighters have that mentality, not that they will fight anyone, anytime, as long as they have a few months of prep time. Thats my point. Be ready in season and out of season.

Archived