Why hate on A Silva?

Vivalafrizank

If it was only that, most people wouldn't care. But it's that PLUS other comments. He didn't want to fight Hendo and Marquart because he already beat them once(because everyone knows if you beat a fighter once you will always beat him...). He said that Shogun didn't deserve the fight against Machida(First he has no business in this and second he got his title shot after 1 fight, hypocrite). He said Vitor doesn't deserve the title shot against him, hypocrite again.

He's been trying to duck fight for a while and advising other people to duck fights. He just became full of himself. And don't give me that "He's a humble guy because he never said he's the best." BS because actions speak louder than words.

If it was only that' date=' most people wouldn't care. But it's that PLUS other comments. He didn't want to fight Hendo and Marquart because he already beat them once(because everyone knows if you beat a fighter once you will always beat him...). He said that Shogun didn't deserve the fight against Machida(First he has no business in this and second he got his title shot after 1 fight, hypocrite). He said Vitor doesn't deserve the title shot against him, hypocrite again.

He's been trying to duck fight for a while and advising other people to duck fights. He just became full of himself. And don't give me that "He's a humble guy because he never said he's the best." BS because actions speak louder than words.[/quote']

That's.. hella irrelevant. lol

I'd like Anderson to fight for the LHW title too, but I don't mind him waiting until Machida loses his belt.

I think people hate on Silva because he's the best in the world. Some people can't stand success, and they need to see that person fail so they don't feel like they suck.

Others are fans of another fighter that they want to THINK is the best...when in reality...despite the denial they know that Silva is the best, and until he loses they can't feel comfortable really believing that someone else is the best.

As for Silva getting a title shot after one fight. WE VOTED FOR HIM TO GET IT.

Cheers

-DR

That's.. hella irrelevant. lol

How is it irrelevant? No one is saying he's a bad fighter or he sucks. Everyone accepts that he's at least(depending on your opinion) top 3 P4P.

Some people just don't like him because he became pretty full of himself.

Take me for example, I love seeing him in the ring because he puts on a show(I even enjoyed his "boring" fights against Thales and Cote). But I can't stand what he says outside of the ring.

I'd like Anderson to fight for the LHW title too' date=' but I don't mind him waiting until Machida loses his belt.

I think people hate on Silva because he's the best in the world. Some people can't stand success, and they need to see that person fail so they don't feel like they suck.

Others are fans of another fighter that they want to THINK is the best...when in reality...despite the denial they know that Silva is the best, and until he loses they can't feel comfortable really believing that someone else is the best.

[b']As for Silva getting a title shot after one fight. WE VOTED FOR HIM TO GET IT.[/b]

Cheers

-DR

The reason for the title fight is irrelevant. The point is that it's just stupid to say that someone doesn't deserve a title shot after 1 fight when you had your's after the same amount of fights. If that was what he really believes, then why didn't he decline the shot after his fight with Leben? He doesn't want others accepting that opportunity but had no problem taking it in the past. That, IMO, is a hypocrite.

I think Marquardt should have gotten the title shot before V belfort, to come into the UFC, fight once, and not even a spectacular fight, and be granted the title shot, thats crap, Nate Mar, worked his way back up, like cmon its been almost 2 yrs since he fought for the belt and lost , to put into comparison, Frank Mir gets another title shot if he wins his next fight, after thoroughly getting his head smashed at UFC 100 , he didnt have to wait no 2 yrs , and that in itself is such a rip. I think V Belfort should have at least fought 3 or 4 times to prove he's worthy, sure he was a great fighter when he came in the UFC, then lost what 3 in a row, and that fight against Franklin was a joke, pfft, almost like a dive on Franklins part , either that or his chin is made of glass, but thats just my opinion.

I think Marquardt should have gotten the title shot before V belfort' date=' to come into the UFC, fight once, and not even a spectacular fight, and be granted the title shot, thats crap, Nate Mar, worked his way back up, like cmon its been almost 2 yrs since he fought for the belt and lost , to put into comparison, Frank Mir gets another title shot if he wins his next fight, after thoroughly getting his head smashed at UFC 100 , he didnt have to wait no 2 yrs , and that in itself is such a rip. I think V Belfort should have at least fought 3 or 4 times to prove he's worthy, sure he was a great fighter when he came in the UFC, then lost what 3 in a row, [b']and that fight against Franklin was a joke, pfft, almost like a dive on Franklins part , either that or his chin is made of glass, but thats just my opinion[/b].

Rich didn't look himself in that fight AT ALL.

Also, Vitor clubbing him in the back of the head a few times likely didn't help. I don't think Vitor hit him on the chin once.

If it was only that' date=' most people wouldn't care. But it's that PLUS other comments. He didn't want to fight Hendo and Marquart because he already beat them once(because everyone knows if you beat a fighter once you will always beat him...). He said that Shogun didn't deserve the fight against Machida(First he has no business in this and second he got his title shot after 1 fight, hypocrite). He said Vitor doesn't deserve the title shot against him, hypocrite again.

He's been trying to duck fight for a while and advising other people to duck fights. He just became full of himself. And don't give me that "He's a humble guy because he never said he's the best." BS because actions speak louder than words.[/quote']

Keep in mind, Anderson DESTROYED Hendo and Marquardt. I'm not too sure why people are in a huge rush to see Nate fight him again. The fight will end the same way or worse for him.

You can say that Nate's improved, but when you look at his game, it's really weak compared to Anderson's. He had, and still has, no chance to win this fight.

About the Shogun/Machida stuff.. maybe that's just his opinion. Why can you fault him for speaking his mind?

Shogun's only accomplishment was KO'ing Liddell. Now, in my mind, that's pretty damn good. I thought, and still do think, that Liddell can be one of the top guys in the division. He just ran into some bad luck. Maybe Anderson doesn't feel that way, though.

Let's face it.. Shogun looked like **** in his fight against Coleman. He had plenty of opportunity to finish that fight, but for whatever reason, he just chose not to.

The fact that Shogun looked great in his fight against Machida is irrelevant. Leading up to it, he didn't do anything worthy of earning a title shot. He BARELY beat a fighter that he was supposed to destroy, then he KO'd Liddell.. a man who is 1-4 in his last five fights.

Anderson, by comparison, defeated Chris Leben... BADLY!!

Leben was 15-1 at the time, and was on a 6-fight win streak. Not only that, but the way that he defeated him, made him perfectly worthy of the shot. Besides, Franklin was head-and-shoulders above everyone else at that time.

The reason for the title fight is irrelevant. The point is that it's just stupid to say that someone doesn't deserve a title shot after 1 fight when you had your's after the same amount of fights. If that was what he really believes, then why didn't he decline the shot after his fight with Leben? He doesn't want others accepting that opportunity but had no problem taking it in the past. That, IMO, is a hypocrite.

One last thing..

Vitor hasn't even had a fight at 185 in the UFC yet.

Don't start accusing Anderson of ducking fights.. he's the best in the world, and he doesn't duck ANYBODY. The most you can accuse him of, is wanting a challenge.

While Marquardt deserves it more, Silva/Belfort, IMO will be more enertaining. If Marquardt beats Sonnen, he gets his title shot regardless. Shogun didn't deserve the title shot. Rampage was supposed to fight Machida but couldn't. While Silva's title shot was iffy as well, he didn't just beat the then title contender Leben, he destroyed him in much more impressive fashion than Shogun's entire UFC carreer has shown. Shogun beat Coleman and Liddell. Coleman isn't even top ten, and Liddell was on a huge KO loss streak already.

I think Marquardt should have gotten the title shot before V belfort' date=' to come into the UFC, fight once, and not even a spectacular fight, and be granted the title shot, thats crap, Nate Mar, worked his way back up, like cmon its been almost 2 yrs since he fought for the belt and lost , to put into comparison, Frank Mir gets another title shot if he wins his next fight, after thoroughly getting his head smashed at UFC 100 , he didnt have to wait no 2 yrs , and that in itself is such a rip. I think V Belfort should have at least fought 3 or 4 times to prove he's worthy, sure he was a great fighter when he came in the UFC, then lost what 3 in a row, and that fight against Franklin was a joke, pfft, almost like a dive on Franklins part , either that or his chin is made of glass, but thats just my opinion.[/quote']

I think Nate beats him this time..

He's improved alot since the last fight

Because the best way to prove you are not a "fanboy" or a "****" is to hate on the more popular fighters regardless of how good they are, so you can show how much smarter you are than everyone else.

Silva never ducked anyone, never said he would or wouldn't fight anybody, or any of that other crap. His manager said he would like to face someone he hasn't faced already since beating someone a second time, especially after clearly beating them the first, doesn't do a damn thing for a fighter's legacy when there are other more interesting challenges out there, which would be bigger draws and bigger paydays for everyone involved, and that is a manager's job.

Marquart, Evans have said Hardy doesn't deserve a title shot, is that their business?

Because the best way to prove you are not a "fanboy" or a "****" is to hate on the more popular fighters regardless of how good they are' date=' so you can show how much smarter you are than everyone else.

Silva never ducked anyone, never said he would or wouldn't fight anybody, or any of that other crap. His manager said he would like to face someone he hasn't faced already since beating someone a second time, especially after clearly beating them the first, doesn't do a damn thing for a fighter's legacy when there are other more interesting challenges out there, which would be bigger draws and bigger paydays for everyone involved, and that is a manager's job.

[b']Marquart, Evans have said Hardy doesn't deserve a title shot, is that their business?[/b]

Exactly!!!!

i don't see marquardt beating silva in a rematch, no matter how much he's improved. don't think belfort deserves a title shot and think he will easily lose, i don't understand why people doubt silva, what does he have to do to not be doubted?

i don't see marquardt beating silva in a rematch' date=' no matter how much he's improved. don't think belfort deserves a title shot and think he will easily lose, i don't understand why people doubt silva, what does he have to do to not be doubted?[/quote']

I think all it takes around here is knocking out Bisping!

Or make a 5 fight career out of laying your weight on guys you outweigh by 30+ lbs, even better if you can bust up an existing hematoma and cause some cuts with your gloves!

Or make a career out of taking guys down and holding them there, again better if you can bust up their existing scar tissue and make em bleed!

But showing untouchable defense, both standing and on the ground, and the ability to instantly finish, both standing and on the ground, and a clear dominance over everyone you have faced in 2 weight classes over a 7 year period gets you nowhere!

anderson chooses not to fight machida because it's his friend. Anderson has a belt and machida has one too.. So why would you try and take your friends belt away? A good friend wouldn't do that. Would you try to take away your best friends dreams' date=' and accomplishments?

...not me.[/quote']

+100

I think all it takes around here is knocking out Bisping!

Or make a 5 fight career out of laying your weight on guys you outweigh by 30+ lbs' date=' even better if you can bust up an existing hematoma and cause some cuts with your gloves!

Or make a career out of taking guys down and holding them there, again better if you can bust up their existing scar tissue and make em bleed!

But showing untouchable defense, both standing and on the ground, and the ability to instantly finish, both standing and on the ground, and a clear dominance over everyone you have faced in 2 weight classes over a 7 year period gets you nowhere![/quote']

hahaha, good read.

yeah i totally agree, what has silva done really? doesn't even deserve to be fighting in the ufc.

Archived