Fighters can't just drop a weight class all the time!!

pat306

I have been reading forum posts for a long time now and I have finally joined because I feel the need to vent. I am sick and tired of reading over and over peoples posts saying fighters should just move down a weight class. ITS NOT THAT EASY! The one that really pushed me over the edge was about forrest griffin. He weighs over 230lbs! And he is cut. How the hell would you expect him to make 185? Its ecspeccially bad after a fighter has a loss. At least half the posts are about how he should move down. Weight classes are not a choice! Some fighters can move down, IF they are small for their current class. If they are competitvley sized for their weight class and are not carrying extra weight then they are at their proper weight class. Plus cutting too much weight drains your energy and affects your performance. And cutting affects different people in different ways. There fighters are professionals, they know what weight they should be at.

RANT OVER

Totally agree. I think if a fighter changes weight then he must compete in the weight he moved to for 12 months. For their own health and to stop people like Anderson Silva dodge defending titles. If a champion moves up or down then they should vacate the title so fighters in the division they hold the title get the chance of a shot.

I have been reading forum posts for a long time now and I have finally joined because I feel the need to vent. I am sick and tired of reading over and over peoples posts saying fighters should just move down a weight class. ITS NOT THAT EASY! The one that really pushed me over the edge was about forrest griffin. He weighs over 230lbs! And he is cut. How the hell would you expect him to make 185? Its ecspeccially bad after a fighter has a loss. At least half the posts are about how he should move down. Weight classes are not a choice! Some fighters can move down' date=' IF they are small for their current class. If they are competitvley sized for their weight class and are not carrying extra weight then they are at their proper weight class. Plus cutting too much weight drains your energy and affects your performance. And cutting affects different people in different ways. There fighters are professionals, they know what weight they should be at.

RANT OVER[/quote']

+ 2

I agree with your rant.

I have been reading forum posts for a long time now and I have finally joined because I feel the need to vent. I am sick and tired of reading over and over peoples posts saying fighters should just move down a weight class. ITS NOT THAT EASY! The one that really pushed me over the edge was about forrest griffin. He weighs over 230lbs! And he is cut. How the hell would you expect him to make 185? Its ecspeccially bad after a fighter has a loss. At least half the posts are about how he should move down. Weight classes are not a choice! Some fighters can move down' date=' IF they are small for their current class. If they are competitvley sized for their weight class and are not carrying extra weight then they are at their proper weight class. Plus cutting too much weight drains your energy and affects your performance. And cutting affects different people in different ways. There fighters are professionals, they know what weight they should be at.

RANT OVER[/quote']

anybody can cut 5 pounds in a day without a problem it would not he easy but deffenitley not a challenge for forrest to make 185 yes it does drain you but its so much easier then you think walk somewhere hot with a garbage bag on dont fuel back up and you can possibly shed 10-15 pounds a day

anybody can cut 5 pounds in a day without a problem it would not he easy but deffenitley not a challenge for forrest to make 185 yes it does drain you but its so much easier then you think walk somewhere hot with a garbage bag on dont fuel back up and you can possibly shed 10-15 pounds a day

Sounds like you need some nutritional education.

And maybe a better understanding of how the human body works.

You are WAYYYYYY too wrong and you should delete your post.

How can Forrest weigh 230+ and drop to fight at 205? Wouldn't dropping down to 185 be the same as dropping from 230+ to 205? Sorry I'm new to this and this board.

Well, when he's NOT training for a fight, he doesn't work out nearly as hard. Therefore, he doesn't burn as many calories and his weight will go up.

Once he starts serious training, the weight (usually accumulated fat) will come off.

Cutting down to 185, would mean that he would have to lose a lot of muscle mass. There is a big difference between 185 and 205.

the only ones who think wieght classes are choices are couch potatoes. im trying to cut from 190 to middle wieght and its hard. forrest is ****ing huge let me say he looks like a legit heavy wieght when he walks around

You've got a fight coming up at 185?

What's your current weight?

you do realise the reason fighters can drop 10 - 15 pounds in a day is through dehydrating themselves and then rehydrating after th weigh ins. you cant keep doing it everyday for days on end you would die. im suprised someone is intelligent enough to use a computer but is so retarded that they would think that a guy who walks around at 230+ would have an easy tim making 185:eek:

How can Forrest weigh 230+ and drop to fight at 205? Wouldn't dropping down to 185 be the same as dropping from 230+ to 205? Sorry I'm new to this and this board.

really?

your actually going to ask this question?

you actually dont understand?

you actually think that cutting from 230+ to 185 would be the same as cutting to 205?

thats like saying "If Brock can cut to 265 he should be able to cut down to 205".

really?

your actually going to ask this question?

you actually dont understand?

you actually think that cutting from 230+ to 185 would be the same as cutting to 205?

thats like saying "If Brock can cut to 265 he should be able to cut down to 205".

I think he means cutting from 205 - 185. And i also think he doesnt believe Forest walks around at 230+ and therefore if its true that forest can cut from230+ to 205, why cant he cut from 205 (the weight the poster believes forest walks around approx) to 185. I dont think the poster made it clearer enough, having said that, have i? :P

I think he means cutting from 205 - 185. And i also think he doesnt believe Forest walks around at 230+ and therefore if its true that forest can cut from230+ to 205' date=' why cant he cut from 205 (the weight the poster believes forest walks around approx) to 185. I dont think the poster made it clearer enough, having said that, have i? :P[/quote']

you could well be right DC, mabe i was too hasty in bashing this here noob, but at the same time it was not made very clear which makes it more the posters fault than mine.

if he actually doesnt think that forrest walks around heavier than 205 then thats pretty stupid in its self but if he does understand that but actually thinks that cutting from 230+ to 205 would be the same as cutting to 185 than that is just poor logic.

still I appreciate your input DC :)

yeah i heard lesnar was dropping down to welterweight, should be easy

If your saying that then let's see Brock fight at Middleweight and see if you like his performance!

Brock lost a lot of weight during his illness and imagine if he lost more.

This post is a complete fail!

I think he means cutting from 205 - 185. And i also think he doesnt believe Forest walks around at 230+ and therefore if its true that forest can cut from230+ to 205' date=' why cant he cut from 205 (the weight the poster believes forest walks around approx) to 185. I dont think the poster made it clearer enough, having said that, have i? :P[/quote']

Thanks Daniel that is exactly what I was trying to say.

Totally agree. I think if a fighter changes weight then he must compete in the weight he moved to for 12 months. For their own health and to stop people like Anderson Silva dodge defending titles. If a champion moves up or down then they should vacate the title so fighters in the division they hold the title get the chance of a shot.

Sorry but how has Anderson Silva been dodging title defenses ? Dunno where you got this weird idea from ?

The UFC can easily tell him who he is going to be fighting & at what weight class...... if he disagrees they can strip him of his belt.

That said Anderson is not ducking anyone.

Archived