Whats with the Mir love

ASR

I have been reading the Frank Mir thread and find it amazing how people rally around this guy. People are going as far as saying his loss to Lesnar was a fluke. People watch both of their fights again. Mir was getting his A$$ handed to him the first fight before the ignorant rookie mistake made by Lesnar. I have read some posts about the second fight that would make you think that because of the knee to the head Mir gave Lesnar that he almost won the fight. That is crazy people. Mir looked foolish in the second fight. He talked a bunch of smack and had one good knee to show for it. Other than that he was treated like a little girl on the mat which is supposed to be were he is great, and beaten till the point were his face looked like a cabbage patch doll.

He is top 5 UFC HW but stop acting like he is something special. He talks about how great he is and people believe it. Rewatch 100 - he was owned on the ground. He is now talking about avoiding the takedown. He will not be able to stop 3 out of every 4 takedowns if that is all he practices from now till then if he gets past Carwin. That right there is a big if as I can see Mir talking himself into trying to stand with Carwin and getting his head taken off as Frank Mir himself believes his own hype.

Not saying that at all, but seriously he got destroyed last fight on his back were he is suppost to be an expert. Are you saying he will be able to do better than stopping more than 25% of Lesnar's shots, or Carwins for that matter?

Whats with the Brock love

No love just respect. I personally think they should never let Lesnar talk on camera ever again. He is an idiot and sounds that way. I do respect that fact that he is the champ and destroyed the number one contender in his last outing. DESTROYED!

so wat you gunna say when he destroys Lesnar in Mir/Lesnar III?

Mirs a beast' date=' just watch[/quote']

Mir has to get past Carwin. I can see him taking a KO in this fight. Carwin is also a big wrestler and Lesnar wrote the plan to beat Mir that way. Beating Kongo does not mean that Mir got better. Kongo has no ground game at all. He picked an easy fight. If he cannot KO Kongo or gets in trouble go to the ground will he for the sure win. This does not mean he has gotten better it means he knows where he is weak.

No love just respect. I personally think they should never let Lesnar talk on camera ever again. He is an idiot and sounds that way. I do respect that fact that he is the champ and destroyed the number one contender in his last outing. DESTROYED!

He destroyed him with his size. not his skill.

What skill does Brock have over Mir? wrestling. Being a gorilla is not a skill.

Frank Mir is one of my favorites since the beginning and I competely agree about his two fights with brock, he got destroyed. He pulled off that leg lock because lesner was too much of an amatuer to realize how good Mir's bjj is (Lesner even admitted he got over excited with the standup), lesner realized his mistake and didn't lose the second fight. I hope Mire an Lesner 3 is different. To say that he is not well rounded is BS, I think he has the potential to smash anyone, I can't wait for his fight with Carwin. But I also think Carwin could KO him, I don't think it will be TKO

He destroyed him with his size. not his skill.

What skill does Brock have over Mir? wrestling. Being a gorilla is not a skill.

According to Mir himself size should not matter if Brock has no skill. Gracie used to defeat guys twice his size. You do not know your MMA. If you do not believe me believe this guy

Frank Mir is one of my favorites since the beginning and I competely agree about his two fights with brock' date=' he got destroyed. He pulled off that leg lock because lesner was too much of an amatuer to realize how good Mir's bjj is (Lesner even admitted he got over excited with the standup), lesner realized his mistake and didn't lose the second fight. I hope Mire an Lesner 3 is different. To say that he is not well rounded is BS, I think he has the potential to smash anyone, I can't wait for his fight with Carwin. But I also think Carwin could KO him, I don't think it will be TKO[/quote']

The true voice of reason. For the record I did agree that he is probably the most well rounded. I think Mir's problem is that he starts to believe his own hype and does not gameplan well or at least have a secondary plan. I think he has the skills just not the smarts.

I have been reading the Frank Mir thread and find it amazing how people rally around this guy. People are going as far as saying his loss to Lesnar was a fluke. People watch both of their fights again. Mir was getting his A$$ handed to him the first fight before the ignorant rookie mistake made by Lesnar. I have read some posts about the second fight that would make you think that because of the knee to the head Mir gave Lesnar that he almost won the fight. That is crazy people. Mir looked foolish in the second fight. He talked a bunch of smack and had one good knee to show for it. Other than that he was treated like a little girl on the mat which is supposed to be were he is great' date=' and beaten till the point were his face looked like a cabbage patch doll.

He is top 5 UFC HW but stop acting like he is something special. He talks about how great he is and people believe it. Rewatch 100 - he was owned on the ground. He is now talking about avoiding the takedown. He will not be able to stop 3 out of every 4 takedowns if that is all he practices from now till then if he gets past Carwin. That right there is a big if as I can see Mir talking himself into trying to stand with Carwin and getting his head taken off as Frank Mir himself believes his own hype.[/quote']

so what your saying is, people should stop liking mir because he got owned by lesnar.... oh and everyone should just hate forrest griffin because he got owned by silva to i guess? learn your mma. mir is so much more respected. and should be.

so what your saying is' date=' people should stop liking mir because he got owned by lesnar.... oh and everyone should just hate forrest griffin because he got owned by silva to i guess? learn your mma. mir is so much more respected. and should be.[/quote']

No I am say people should stop acting like getting destroyed by Lesnar and then beating a mismatched Kongo who has looked poor in several outing means that he almost beat Lesnar the second time and will beat him again.

People should hate griffin because he is just not that good and ran out of the ring.

Mir is not actually that respected in the MMA world. Got his blackbelt in the locker room after beating Timmay please. I respect him for what he is a top 5 fighter that has got lucky NOG was sick. Talked smack and got humiliated, and then beat someone that was hand picked for him and poses no threat to anyone in the HW top 10 in Kongo.

According to Mir himself size should not matter if Brock has no skill. Gracie used to defeat guys twice his size. You do not know your MMA. If you do not believe me believe this guy

you're right. I know nothing of MMA. So sorry to infract on your superior knowledge.

All hail Brock!

you're right. I know nothing of MMA. So sorry to infract on your superior knowledge.

All hail Brock!

Self actualization is the first step towards knowledge. You have taken that first step. By the way I never said I like Lesnar, just that he destroyed Mir.

Being a senior member means you have time on your hands not that you know fighting..... when was the last time you were in on the mats?

No I am say people should stop acting like getting destroyed by Lesnar and then beating a mismatched Kongo who has looked poor in several outing means that he almost beat Lesnar the second time and will beat him again.

People should hate griffin because he is just not that good and ran out of the ring.

I try not to get people mad at me, but some Lesnar fans just seem...*sigh*

First off, Mir rocked Kongo in the stand-up. Isn't the stand up where Kongo is best? Secondly, it looked like Mir rocked Lesnar in the 2nd fight with that knee, it could've been finished. Finally, if I got knocked out the way Griffin got KO, I'd run out of the ring too. That fight didn't show how bad Griffin was, but how good Anderson Silva was.

I try not to get people mad at me' date=' but some Lesnar fans just seem...*sigh*

First off, Mir rocked Kongo in the stand-up. Isn't the stand up where Kongo is best? Secondly, it looked like Mir rocked Lesnar in the 2nd fight with that knee, it could've been finished. Finally, if I got knocked out the way Griffin got KO, I'd run out of the ring too. That fight didn't show how bad Griffin was, but how good Anderson Silva was.[/quote']

+1 true words right there. And if you think people should hate griffin for that one thing, OH and because he apperantly "sucks"? you need to learn something before you talk.

most people just jump on the bangwagon after someone wins. todd duffee' date='machida,shogun,brock, mir. and now everybody else sucks kongo, randy. its pathetic[/quote']

I agree. I do have something for you though. If Mir were to ask Randy to gameplan for him he would be unbeatable.

Shogun is great but avoidance fighting is not my thing. I think Shogun won, but was shocked by it. Kongo does suck, sorry. Todd Duffee should fight four or five more times before he faces anyone in the top 10 or his career will not go well.

Self actualization is the first step towards knowledge. You have taken that first step. By the way I never said I like Lesnar' date=' just that he destroyed Mir.

Being a senior member means you have time on your hands not that you know fighting..... when was the last time you were in on the mats?[/quote']

So because Brock "destroyed" Mir people should think less of him?

Being a senior member doesn't mean anything to me. Stop making it about something safe cause you don't know what you're talking about.

Been on the mats how? In a fight in a cage? I don't fight. I don't want to. I train, but it's all out of fun and staying in shape.

I have been reading the Frank Mir thread and find it amazing how people rally around this guy. People are going as far as saying his loss to Lesnar was a fluke. People watch both of their fights again. Mir was getting his A$$ handed to him the first fight before the ignorant rookie mistake made by Lesnar. I have read some posts about the second fight that would make you think that because of the knee to the head Mir gave Lesnar that he almost won the fight. That is crazy people. Mir looked foolish in the second fight. He talked a bunch of smack and had one good knee to show for it. Other than that he was treated like a little girl on the mat which is supposed to be were he is great' date=' and beaten till the point were his face looked like a cabbage patch doll.

He is top 5 UFC HW but stop acting like he is something special. He talks about how great he is and people believe it. Rewatch 100 - he was owned on the ground. He is now talking about avoiding the takedown. He will not be able to stop 3 out of every 4 takedowns if that is all he practices from now till then if he gets past Carwin. That right there is a big if as I can see Mir talking himself into trying to stand with Carwin and getting his head taken off as Frank Mir himself believes his own hype.[/quote']

I refuse to believe ur 1 of the many noobs out there that go by a fighter and his last fight. Not saying that jumping the Lesnar bandwagon is wrong but then again neither is dressing up as a dude as a woman evidentally and calling him Ru Paul. 1 person give me 1 solid reason to like Lesnar other then oh hes strong he overpowers. How about skill? Mir came back from a motorcycle accident beat Tim Silva AND broke his arm. He had Lesnar screaming like a lil girl during theyre first fight. He beat Cheik Kongo everyway shape n form b4 the 1st round was even close to coming to a close. Mir and Lesnar are tied even. Mir/Lesnar 3 Mirs gonna break lesnars foot off this time n shoves it up his ****

+1 true words right there. And if you think people should hate griffin for that one thing' date=' OH and because he apperantly "sucks"? you need to learn something before you talk.[/quote']

Will talk all I want I am having a blast shacking all of your cages. I really think Griffin sucks he keeps getting worse, slower and stiffer. Great guy, just on the downside of a quick career.

LOL by the way the +1 thing is very 14 year old girlish. Just so you know.

Will talk all I want I am having a blast shacking all of your cages. I really think Griffin sucks he keeps getting worse' date=' slower and stiffer. Great guy, just on the downside of a quick career.

LOL by the way the +1 thing is very 14 year old girlish. Just so you know.[/quote']

actually the +1 is like saying i agree but on the internet, and dont say "oh your a nerd get a life, using computer language" or anything like that, cause your on it to.

and how many 14 year old girls do you know on these forums?

I refuse to believe ur 1 of the many noobs out there that go by a fighter and his last fight. Not saying that jumping the Lesnar bandwagon is wrong but then again neither is dressing up as a dude as a woman evidentally and calling him Ru Paul. 1 person give me 1 solid reason to like Lesnar other then oh hes strong he overpowers. How about skill? Mir came back from a motorcycle accident beat Tim Silva AND broke his arm. He had Lesnar screaming like a lil girl during theyre first fight. He beat Cheik Kongo everyway shape n form b4 the 1st round was even close to coming to a close. Mir and Lesnar are tied even. Mir/Lesnar 3 Mirs gonna break lesnars foot off this time n shoves it up his ****

No bandwagon here, but as for skill.. He did negate Mir on the ground. Mir is supposed to be, by his own words, the best heavyweight in the world on the ground. He stopped Mir's hip movement which completely negates much of BJJ for those of you that do not know. He also stopped Mir's head movement when in half guard also negating much of his BJJ, oh and then he pinned Mir's arm behind him so he could pummel his face till he did not know were he was. Sounds like skill to me. By the way beating Timmay is not what most would call a huge accomplishement. I know he was the HW champ but that was when there was nobody in the UFC HW division of any calibre besides him and AA and they were both really overrated.

Beating Kongo.. again complete mismatch. Mir won and impressively, but Kongo is a version of Herring that has no ground game.

actually the +1 is like saying i agree but on the internet' date=' and dont say "oh your a nerd get a life, using computer language" or anything like that, cause your on it to.

and how many 14 year old girls do you know on these forums?[/quote']

I love when people tell other people not to do or say something over the internet. Just kinda funny. It still reminds me of how teenage girls acted when I was in high school many years ago, and I will not tell you about any 14 year old girls on any forum..... you sound a little to eager to know and that comes off a little creepy. lol

agreed and even more about that foot on azz thing..lol

Sorry but if you like Mir and when Brock beats him you switch to Brock that is the definition of bandwagon jumping.

Completely agree. I am consistently in the belief that Mir thinks too highly of himself and that actually causes him to not be nearly as good as he could be. Plus he got his **** handed to him by Mir and that just really seems to aggrivate people. lol

Well he isn't a paper champ' date=' because on paper his record is still ****... 4-1 isn't a great record. Paper champs are people who have a good record but haven't proven their skill.[/quote']

well like i sayid Lesnar has to proof me wrong and 666 is 99% always right and 1% goes to upstairs..lol

No bandwagon here' date=' but as for skill.. He did negate Mir on the ground. Mir is supposed to be, by his own words, the best heavyweight in the world on the ground. He stopped Mir's hip movement which completely negates much of BJJ for those of you that do not know. He also stopped Mir's head movement when in half guard also negating much of his BJJ, oh and then he pinned Mir's arm behind him so he could pummel his face till he did not know were he was. Sounds like skill to me. By the way beating Timmay is not what most would call a huge accomplishement. I know he was the HW champ but that was when there was nobody in the UFC HW division of any calibre besides him and AA and they were both really overrated.

Beating Kongo.. again complete mismatch. Mir won and impressively, but Kongo is a version of Herring that has no ground game.[/quote']

I apologize in advance for this post...

Mir beat Kongo in the stand up! Sure the fight ended on the ground, but Mir rocked Kongo of his feet! Also, it's really hard to move when there is 265 pounds on top you. Christ, I don't care if I get in a flame war, you've yet to do anything but make yourself out as an **** who just started watching UFC at UFC 100. Honestly, I don't even like Mir all that much, but you make him seem like a saint. Maybe I'd be able to understand you better if you'd take Lesnar's **** out of you mouth for a second.

...that is all

I am a huge Mir fan, and a brock fan.

I see where you are coming from, and I get it.

Mir is one of those guys that are good all around...but he will never ever beat Brock again.

He's good standing up; and good on the ground...BUT once it goes to the ground Brock will baby him again. That is a fact.

I like Frank Mir's skills...he is one of the most exciting fighters in the octagon...I was a huge fan of him when he fight Wes Sims the first time and thought he was gonna win but then Sims kicked him in the face.

I like you as a fighter Frank Mir (Although not your mouth against certain fighters) but you just can't beat Brock Lesnar.

Frank Mir can be HW champ again if someone takes away Brock's crown because overall Frank Mir can beat almost everybody except for Lesnar.

If Shane Carwin beats Brock and gets the champ then Frank fights Carwin...Frank has a much better percentage of beating Carwin then he will to Brock.

So Frank just have to wait until Brock loses his title.

I love when people tell other people not to do or say something over the internet. Just kinda funny. It still reminds me of how teenage girls acted when I was in high school many years ago' date=' and I will not tell you about any 14 year old girls on any forum..... you sound a little to eager to know and that comes off a little creepy. lol[/quote']

i definatly sound eager dont i. and i was just saying that because i know you wouldve said that. like most people would have on these forums. and its funny how you totally went off topic cause you know im right.

I apologize in advance for this post...

Mir beat Kongo in the stand up! Sure the fight ended on the ground' date=' but Mir rocked Kongo of his feet! Also, it's really hard to move when there is 265 pounds on top you. Christ, I don't care if I get in a flame war, you've yet to do anything but make yourself out as an **** who just started watching UFC at UFC 100. Honestly, I don't even like Mir all that much, but you make him seem like a saint. Maybe I'd be able to understand you better if you'd take Lesnar's **** out of you mouth for a second.

...that is all[/quote']

How do I make Mir seem like a saint? I must really be doing something wrong.

Also... flame war.... really...... are your hyperventilating yet?

The funny thing is I never claimed to be a Lesnar fan. I think he is terrible for the sport, one dimensional, and if Mir was a smart man he could beat him every time. Alas, Mir is not a smart man and actually thinks he is better than he is. Mir thought Lesnar would try to stand with him in their last fight......WHY. Especially since Mir was talking about his incredibly improved KO power from the NOG fight. He is a fool that will always stand in the way of his own success. I feel strongly he is going to try to stand with Carwin proving he thinks his stand up is that great.

To all do not take my dislike for Mir as anything but that. We can keep Lesnar out of it if that makes all of you feel better we can just wait till he gets head taken off by Carwin.

man i completely disagree i think you win a fight you win no flukes involved the truth is mir made a mistake when he threw that knee, yes it landed yes it did damage but it forced him on a back against a stronger bigger fighter. Mir is getting bigger he looked huge in his kongo fight. i think we will see a third fight and i think skill over strength everytime

i definatly sound eager dont i. and i was just saying that because i know you wouldve said that. like most people would have on these forums. and its funny how you totally went off topic cause you know im right.

LOL got you so upset you stopped using capitalization. Go to your bathroom and tell yourself in the mirror how your gonna kick my a$$. I think that is the next step.

I am a huge Mir fan' date=' and a brock fan.

I see where you are coming from, and I get it.

Mir is one of those guys that are good all around...but he will never ever beat Brock again.

He's good standing up; and good on the ground...BUT once it goes to the ground Brock will baby him again. That is a fact.

I like Frank Mir's skills...he is one of the most exciting fighters in the octagon...I was a huge fan of him when he fight Wes Sims the first time and thought he was gonna win but then Sims kicked him in the face.

I like you as a fighter Frank Mir (Although not your mouth against certain fighters) but you just can't beat Brock Lesnar.

Frank Mir can be HW champ again if someone takes away Brock's crown because overall Frank Mir can beat almost everybody except for Lesnar.

If Shane Carwin beats Brock and gets the champ then Frank fights Carwin...Frank has a much better percentage of beating Carwin then he will to Brock.

So Frank just have to wait until Brock loses his title.[/quote']

I agree. Mir is a dependant BJJ guy that has trouble with wrestlers and Lesnar is a powerhouse wrestler with much improved BJJ defense.

How do I make Mir seem like a saint? I must really be doing something wrong.

Also... flame war.... really......

The funny thing is I never claimed to be a Lesnar fan. I think he is terrible for the sport' date=' one dimensional, and if Mir was a smart man he could beat him every time. Alas, Mir is not a smart man and actually thinks he is better than he is. Mir thought Lesnar would try to stand with him in their last fight......WHY. Especially since Mir was talking about his incredibly improved KO power from the NOG fight. He is a fool that will always stand in the way of his own success. I feel strongly he is going to try to stand with Carwin proving he thinks his stand up is that great.

To all do not take my dislike for Mir as anything but that. We can keep Lesnar out of it if that makes all of you feel better we can just wait till he gets head taken off by Carwin.[/quote']

The part that pissed me off is the fact that you keep saying Kongo was a bad match up, but you never actually acknowledge the fact that Mir rocked him standing up, which is Kongo's strength. The fact that you are showing a lot of disrespect towards fighters like Griffin and Kongo, who are both skilled fighters in their own right, also pissed me off. I dislike Mir for the same reasons, but he's also a really good fighter. But like I said, I apologized for my outburst at the beginning of the post, but I needed to say something because you were dancing around the Kongo fight. It was a bad match up, but Kongo didn't lose the fight because he had no ground skills. I don't like Mir either, but you have to show him some respect.

So because Brock "destroyed" Mir people should think less of him?

Being a senior member doesn't mean anything to me. Stop making it about something safe cause you don't know what you're talking about.

Been on the mats how? In a fight in a cage? I don't fight. I don't want to. I train' date=' but it's all out of fun and staying in shape.[/quote']

Yes people should think less of Mir... He got owned where he claims to be the best so yes people should think less of him.

Judo, BJJ, wrestling.. those kind of mats. When you talk as though you have first hand experience it should be that way. If your training to stay in shape has ever included these things then you have some right to say something. If you do great, if not... well you really still have the right to say whatever you want because it is the internet and I am using it to see how many internet tough guy I can work into getting their panties in a bunch. lol

For the record I do know what I am talking about. Posting on these boards more often than others does not necessarily mean more knowledge or a more sound argument.

The part that pissed me off is the fact that you keep saying Kongo was a bad match up' date=' but you never actually acknowledge the fact that Mir rocked him standing up, which is Kongo's strength. The fact that you are showing a lot of disrespect towards fighters like Griffin and Kongo, who are both skilled fighters in their own right, also pissed me off. I dislike Mir for the same reasons, but he's also a really good fighter. But like I said, I apologized for my outburst at the beginning of the post, but I needed to say something because you were dancing around the Kongo fight. It was a bad match up, but Kongo didn't lose the fight because he had no ground skills. I don't like Mir either, but you have to show him some respect.[/quote']

Dude, give me a second I have a lot of people I am trying to upset here. lol

Kongo is a great kickboxer... not a good MMA fighter. Kongo had just been put on his back a lot by Cain. He knew that if he gets taken down by Mir he is losing. He was practically in his sprawl every time Mir moved.

I am sorry if you think I am being disrespectful towards any of these people but Mir shows no respect eventhough he acts like he does. He talks trash on everyone he faces he just tries to do it in a smug way. I actually like Kongo, but he is not a good MMA fighter and seems to actually be getting worse. Griffin like I said is on the downside of a short career. I just do not think he has the physical gifts others do. Plus running out of the ring is hugely disrespectful to both your opponent and the fans.

Broc is in no way superior to anyone in MMA .....he has more holes in his game then....a bucket that has been shot by a shotgun.

Go back and watch his fights.......He looked stupid in 1st mir fight with his girl hammer fists and Tapped....like a sissy! (real fast )

Heath hearing fight all he did was a wrestling match....and lay on him.....he had one good punch in the whole fight....no finishing moves or MMA skill

In the Randy couture fight a 46 year old man that only weighed 220 lbs. cut him and was wearing him down and pinning him against the fence before Brock got lucky and hit him behind the ear.

In UFC 100 .....he did nothing amazing....he layed on frank with all that weight .....was shown how to control the head and trap the wrist....thats it....no kicks ...no boxing.....no BJJ.....no Judo........

So anyone who thinks that cant be easily countered their next fight ...doesnt know much about MMA............

Alot of fighters get out wrestled bad.(Dominated)...in a fight ..then in their rematch .....they have different foot work....have less leg kicks to help prevent the takedown...and work on stuffing the takedown......and the fight goes completely the other way.

MIr is now bigger, Better shape, stronger, better cardio and better boxing.(better mind control and discipline)......then before....has had no layoffs....and is hungry!

Brock is rusty.......just trying to regain size he had before ...has not advanced his game and have C fighters in his training camp......and he is a Meat head...with no knowledge of nutrition...or discipline.

I dont see Brock making it out of the 1st round without getting put to sleep! KO or rear naked choke or Broken arm.

Brock Lesnar not getting beat soon is just wishful thinking and not objective analysis of his skills, record or past fights!

ASR..i dont wanna be rude for saying this but i think u dont seem to have much for knowledge about fighters or MMA,so im quessing u started to watch UFC about year ago or something.my point is that u argue with peeps who has watched UFC since day one and it totaly start to look bad on ur side...trust me u get owned badly if ya keep up...little warning..thats all.

Archived