Renzo Gracie quote

Trodrigues

From the brazillian MMA magazine "Nocaute"(Knockout).

Portugu?s

Pergunta: Voc? j? disse que quer vingar royce nesta luta. ? realmente uma coisa pessoal ?

Resposta: Acredito que, toda vez que um Gracie falha, deve vir outro e ajustar a situa??o. Isso aconteceu quando eu lutei com o Shungo Oyama. Acho que fui roubado. Ele era um cara abusado, fugia da luta e agia como se eu n?o estivesse lutando. Na hora perdi a cabe?a e cuspi na cara dele. Perdi a luta por isso, mas na regra n?o havia nada contra cuspe. Mas depois o Ryan veio e quebrou o bra?o dele. Isso ? a nossa hist?ria. Foi o que aconteceu com o tio H?lio no caso do Waldemar Santana. O Carlson depois foi l? e deu um pau nele. No momento que um termina um pouco atr?s, outro empurra e coloca o neg?cio pra frente. Sem d?vida nenhuma, ser? um prazer dar uma surra no Matt Hughes. Se algu?m tem que falar mal do Royce, que seja eu. N?o pode ser mais ningu?m (risos) ! ? aquela coisa de fam?lia.

English

Question: You said that you want to revenge royce's loss, is it really personal ?

Answer: I believe that, everytime a Gracie fails, another must come and fix the situation. This happened when I fought Shungo Oyama. I think I was robbed, he was ****y and ran the whole fight pretending that I wasn't fighting, I lost my mind and spitted on his face. I lost the fight for doing that, but there were no rules against it. After that Ryan(Gracie) fought him and broke his arm. This is our history. The same happened with my uncle H?lio(Gracie) when he fought Waldemar Santana*. Carlson(Gracie) went there and kicked his ****. When a Gracie fails another appears and move it foward. There is no doubt on my mind, it will be a pleasure to kick Matt Hughes's ****. I'm the only one who can talk trash to Royce(Gracie), no one else !(laughts). It's that family thing.

*Waldemar Santana was a H?lio gracie student who challenged him and won(Santana was a lot heavier), it was the longed MMA fight ever.

Sorry for my english, I hope you all can understand.

I hope Renzo brings his family's honor into the ring with him and uses it to break Matt Hughes, not physically, but mentally more than anything. His lack of respect toward the founders of the company that made him famous and a whole farm full of money disgusts me personally.

your english was good' date=' thank you for posting this. I like the gracies but I've got Matt winning this one[/quote']

I agree i also think matt will win i mean hes a lot younger than renzo and this will be renzo's debut i guess we will see its gonna be a great fight continuing the gracie legacy i think we have to look towardes rolles who is still young enough to make a run and be a great fighter

Portugu?s

Pergunta: Voc? j? disse que quer vingar royce nesta luta. ? realmente uma coisa pessoal ?

Resposta: Acredito que' date=' toda vez que um Gracie falha, deve vir outro e ajustar a situa??o. Isso aconteceu quando eu lutei com o Shungo Oyama. Acho que fui roubado. Ele era um cara abusado, fugia da luta e agia como se eu n?o estivesse lutando. Na hora perdi a cabe?a e cuspi na cara dele. Perdi a luta por isso, mas na regra n?o havia nada contra cuspe. Mas depois o Ryan veio e quebrou o bra?o dele. Isso ? a nossa hist?ria. Foi o que aconteceu com o tio H?lio no caso do Waldemar Santana. O Carlson depois foi l? e deu um pau nele. No momento que um termina um pouco atr?s, outro empurra e coloca o neg?cio pra frente. Sem d?vida nenhuma, ser? um prazer dar uma surra no Matt Hughes. Se algu?m tem que falar mal do Royce, que seja eu. N?o pode ser mais ningu?m (risos) ! ? aquela coisa de fam?lia.[/i']

English

Question: You said that you want to revenge your brother, is it really personal ?

Answer: I believe that, everytime a Gracie fails, another must come and fix the situation. This happened when I fought Shungo Oyama. I think I was robbed, he was ****y and ran the whole fight pretending that I wasn't fighting, I lost my mind and spitted on his face. I lost the fight for doing that, but there were no rules against it. After that Ryan(Gracie) fought him and broke his arm. This is our history. The same happened with my uncle H?lio(Gracie) when he fought Waldemar Santana*. Carlson(Gracie) went there and kicked his ****. When a Gracie fails another appears and move it foward. There is no doubt on my mind, it will be a pleasure to kick Matt Hughes's ****. I'm the only one who can talk trash to Royce(Gracie), no one else !(laughts). It's that family thing.

*Waldemar Santana was a H?lio gracie student who challenged him and won(Santana was a lot heavier), it was the longed MMA fight ever.

awesome, thanks.

Renzo has this fight in the bag.

Portugu?s

Resposta: Acredito que' date=' toda vez que um Gracie falha, deve vir outro e ajustar a situa??o. Isso aconteceu quando eu lutei com o Shungo Oyama. Acho que fui roubado. Ele era um cara abusado, fugia da luta e agia como se eu n?o estivesse lutando. Na hora perdi a cabe?a e cuspi na cara dele. Perdi a luta por isso, mas na regra n?o havia nada contra cuspe. Mas depois o Ryan veio e quebrou o bra?o dele. Isso ? a nossa hist?ria. Foi o que aconteceu com o tio H?lio no caso do Waldemar Santana. O Carlson depois foi l? e deu um pau nele. No momento que um termina um pouco atr?s, outro empurra e coloca o neg?cio pra frente. Sem d?vida nenhuma, ser? um prazer dar uma surra no Matt Hughes. Se algu?m tem que falar mal do Royce, que seja eu. N?o pode ser mais ningu?m (risos) ! ? aquela coisa de fam?lia.[/i']

English

Question: You said that you want to revenge your brother, is it really personal ?

You did great with the english, hell better than me at times.

And excellent post. Did this Ryan Gracie break someone's arm intentionally?

You did great with the english' date=' hell better than me at times.

And excellent post. Did this Ryan Gracie break someone's arm intentionally?[/quote']

The Gracie's have broken arms without need on several occasions Royce in several fights went on a broke some guys arms even after the fighter was tapping. Then continued to look smug afterward. Just watch through a lot of the Gracie fights, you will see that they aren't nearly as honorable and respectful fighters as a lot of tools seem to believe they are.

They act as if they are the pioneers of Jiu Jitsu, but Jiu Jitsu predates Brazilian Jiu Jitsu by thousands of years. I took 8 years of Jiu Jitsu before the Gracies made it famous. After that I looked and looked until I found a BJJ trainer. Well, I didn't really learn much I didn't already know. The Gracie Jiu Jitsu isn't really any better than any other Jiu Jitsu. It's just what people see on TV, and they think that's the ****. Watch the Asian Jiu Jitsu practitioners and you will see that it's equally as effective, and often times more unpredictable.

I respect what they have done for the sport, but I watch every fight they are in hoping to see them get smashed. After seeing Royce break a couple of arms even after the other guy was clearly tapping, and showing no respect at all afterward it was a pleasure watching his face get smashed by Matt Hughes. I hope Renzo doesn't expect the fight to be any different. I can't wait to watch Matt Hughes maul him into the mat.

The Gracie's have broken arms without need on several occasions Royce in several fights went on a broke some guys arms even after the fighter was tapping. Then continued to look smug afterward. Just watch through a lot of the Gracie fights' date=' you will see that they aren't nearly as honorable and respectful fighters as a lot of tools seem to believe they are.

They act as if they are the pioneers of Jiu Jitsu, but Jiu Jitsu predates Brazilian Jiu Jitsu by thousands of years. I took 8 years of Jiu Jitsu before the Gracies made it famous. After that I looked and looked until I found a BJJ trainer. Well, I didn't really learn much I didn't already know. The Gracie Jiu Jitsu isn't really any better than any other Jiu Jitsu. It's just what people see on TV, and they think that's the ****. Watch the Asian Jiu Jitsu practitioners and you will see that it's equally as effective, and often times more unpredictable.

I respect what they have done for the sport, but I watch every fight they are in hoping to see them get smashed. After seeing Royce break a couple of arms even after the other guy was clearly tapping, and showing no respect at all afterward it was a pleasure watching his face get smashed by Matt Hughes. I hope Renzo doesn't expect the fight to be any different. I can't wait to watch Matt Hughes maul him into the mat.[/quote']

Jason Delucia, is that you?

What ever dude.

The Gracie's are all about honor.

You wanna talk about some of Royce's early UFC fights? Bet you do not know why he held on to a few of those holds, do you?

Jason Delucia' date=' is that you?

What ever dude.

You wanna talk about some of Royce's early UFC fights? Bet you do not know why he held on to a few of those holds, do you?[/quote']

Because when he did the "honorable" thing in some early fights and broke the hold when the opponent tapped and before the ref stepped in, as is the custom in a straight jiu jitsu match, the opponents tried to continue fighting after he released. Ken Shamrock himself was said to have done this before the UFC.

Because when he did the "honorable" thing in some early fights and broke the hold when the opponent tapped and before the ref stepped in' date=' as is the custom in a straight jiu jitsu match, the opponents tried to continue fighting after he released. Ken Shamrock himself was said to have done this before the UFC.[/quote']

Exactly. The ref in the first UFC was horrible.

Ken tapped, and tried to play it off like he didn't.

This is why I have never liked him.

This post will be the exact same as my first post ever on the original UFC forum.....

"GO RENZO!!"

Oh' date=' and I am surprised that the person doing the interview thinks that Renzo and Royce are brothers.[/quote']

I dislike Hughes as well. Very much. And' date=' I like all the Gracie's.[/quote']

... this^^^, this^^^, & this^^^ .. (hard to imagine a junior G_row)

... this^^^' date=' this^^^, & this^^^ .. (hard to imagine a junior G_row)[/quote']

LOL man, that forum did not have the "classes" this one does. Only a post count. I lurked for ever. Rarely posted for a long time. Then I opened up.

The person that ran that forum at the time "Shannon" asked me to mod shortly after that. Brewster was already a mod there.

He and I were the only original mods here....except GB.

Now we are lucky enough to have Bravo as a mod here. He worked with Brew and I for years there. He is a great guy, and a great mod.

Jason Delucia' date=' is that you?

What ever dude.

You wanna talk about some of Royce's early UFC fights? Bet you do not know why he held on to a few of those holds, do you?[/quote']

I know exactly why, but I also know that you can hold until the ref stops the fight, you don't have to break, that would be the honorable thing. I've seen hundreds of people HOLD submissions until the ref sees the tap and stops it.

The honorable thing to do is hold until the ref sees the tap. Yes Shamrock tried to be a bisch, and I've never liked him since.

All about honor? Yeah, honorable people hold family grudges and send the next family member in to break arms or try to avenge them? The honorable thing to do is accept your defeat and try to come back and win yourself, if you can't, accept that and move along.

Honor? Yeah, they're definition of honor is totally different than what I've seen in honorable and respectful fighters. I pray that the Gracie's aren't the new definition of honor and respect.

I know exactly why' date=' but I also know that you can hold until the ref stops the fight, you don't have to break, that would be the honorable thing. I've seen hundreds of people HOLD submissions until the ref sees the tap and stops it.

The honorable thing to do is hold until the ref sees the tap. Yes Shamrock tried to be a bisch, and I've never liked him since.

All about honor? Yeah, honorable people hold family grudges and send the next family member in to break arms or try to avenge them? The honorable thing to do is accept your defeat and try to come back and win yourself, if you can't, accept that and move along.

Honor? Yeah, they're definition of honor is totally different than what I've seen in honorable and respectful fighters. I pray that the Gracie's aren't the new definition of honor and respect.[/quote']

They do not send the next guy to break anyone's arm. They do have others to step up to fight for the honor of the family. I see no problem with that.

They do not send the next guy to break anyone's arm. They do have others to step up to fight for the honor of the family. I see no problem with that.

I've just seen too many Gracie's go in excess of what's needed to win a fight. I know they don't go " Hey cuz, go break that guys arm.". But they do have others step up to fight for honor.

I know for a fact MMA is not pattycake. But bottom line is this. I know that in order to win it's not NORMALLY required to break an arm, dislocate a shoulder, knee, ankle, etc in order to finish a fight. I know for a FACT that over 90% of the time a smart opponent will tap heavily before you have to put the needed pressure to break or dislocate something. You CAN hold long enough for the ref to catch on. Then you win with honor.

If they don't tap, break it, if they do, hold until the ref tells you to stop. It's that simple. Anything more is just being an a$$hat.

If the honor of the family is banking on beating everyone that has ever beat a Gracie, well, they better stay out of the UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, M-1, KoTC, Pancrase, Shooto, GCM, etc. Because they all have fighters that will beat Gracies. They'll spend more time trying to avenge losses than they will actually climbing any rankings in any fight league. In fact all of their lives will be devoted to defending losses.

Honor is having the guts, desire, and bravery to get back in the ring yourself and defend your loss, not sending your cousin to do it for you lol. Royce said he'd be back, well, where is he?

Gracies = Pioneers of a great fighting style (That actually predates them thousands of years) when used in conjunction with good wrestling and a great striking discipline. Otherwise they are mid tier fighters at best.

So when Hughes beats Renzo, who will they send next? We already know from history that they run and hide under rocks after they lose.

Again, I hope they aren't role models for honor in the world.

I dislike Hughes as well. Very much. And' date=' I like all the Gracie's.[/quote']

i'm glad to hear that.

just been watching tuf 4 and matt serra sums it up nicely, farm boy jock, not that there's anything wrong with growing up on a farm.

and yeah the gracies are cool, royce is coming back to my gym for a seminar, i missed the last one so i'm excited to meet him for the first time.

The Gracie's have broken arms without need on several occasions Royce in several fights went on a broke some guys arms even after the fighter was tapping. Then continued to look smug afterward. Just watch through a lot of the Gracie fights' date=' you will see that they aren't nearly as honorable and respectful fighters as a lot of tools seem to believe they are.

I respect what they have done for the sport, but I watch every fight they are in hoping to see them get smashed. After seeing Royce break a couple of arms even after the other guy was clearly tapping, and showing no respect at all afterward it was a pleasure watching his face get smashed by Matt Hughes. I hope Renzo doesn't expect the fight to be any different. I can't wait to watch Matt Hughes maul him into the mat.[/quote']

pretty sure if was ufc 1 but royce made a dude tap and the ref didn't see and he let go but the ref never stopped so to avoid something like that happen again he held on until the ref stopped it, am i wrong?

Exactly. The ref in the first UFC was horrible.

Ken tapped' date=' and tried to play it off like he didn't.

This is why I have never liked him.[/quote']

I didnt know any of that!!

I dont think you should let go until the ref tells you to! If you look and Frank Mir and a few others you can see that they look at the ref but dont let go until he tells them to!

I hope Gracie win simply because i dont like Hughes!

Another factor in all of this is especially in the early days you had all sorts of "tough guys" saying I would never submit to a 180 lb weakling like that, then when they get in a sub, thinking they could weather the pain and escape. Don't forget that the very nature of Jiujitsu is to BREAK BONES! If any Jiujitsu lock is properly applied the end result is a broken bone or unconscious fighter. If anything in the early days the BJJ guys had to hold back to stop from breaking things, and there is no "holding back" by any Gracie at any time.

Archived