Kampmann choke against Volkmann

Indiglow

So...in my BJJ class today I managed to pull this exact choke off. I wasn't really planning on doing it, but it just kinda happened. Usually I like to do some research on the sub moves I see or do so I can see how to do them better, but I can't find ANYWHERE on the internet that shows this technique. I know they call it a guillotine choke as that is basically what it is, but he did it differently. He didn't pull up on the neck and he didn't drop down into guard. It was like a backwards rear naked choke.

Is there a technical term for the sub or do they just label it was a guillotine choke because it's non-conventional?

It just seemed to be so much better and tighter than a regular guillotine choke with like no escape.

inverted guillotine is the term i believe. its actually an easy submission and im surprised we dont see it more often' date=' its there alot of the time[/quote']

yeah, that was the whole point!

Extremely easy to do and we don't ever see it.

And it's not an anaconda or a form of anaconda. I thought it would be something called ____ guillotine. I'll go with inverted guillotine although i can't find any videos of it.

To me, it's almost like an upside down north/south choke as well

So...in my BJJ class today I managed to pull this exact choke off. I wasn't really planning on doing it' date=' but it just kinda happened. Usually I like to do some research on the sub moves I see or do so I can see how to do them better, but I can't find ANYWHERE on the internet that shows this technique. I know they call it a guillotine choke as that is basically what it is, but he did it differently. He didn't pull up on the neck and he didn't drop down into guard. It was like a backwards rear naked choke.

Is there a technical term for the sub or do they just label it was a guillotine choke because it's non-conventional?

It just seemed to be so much better and tighter than a regular guillotine choke with like no escape.[/quote']

It starts as a defense against a double leg attempt. When the neck gets caught and you lock your arms, if you jump guard and turn into the opposite direction your hands are clasped, its called a gator roll. Basically what he had was a standing Anaconda, and the first step to gator roll. Since Volkman was on his knees, Kampman needed less effort and angle to crank the neck, and cut the carotid arteries.

It starts as a defense against a double leg attempt. When the neck gets caught and you lock your arms' date=' if you jump guard and turn into the opposite direction your hands are clasped, its called a gator roll. Basically what he had was a standing Anaconda, and the first step to gator roll. Since Volkman was on his knees, Kampman needed less effort and angle to crank the neck, and cut the carotid arteries.[/quote']

The anaconda requires an arm to be trapped. That pressure isn't applied from just a squeeze, but rather in conjunction with you turning your body into your opponent to put pressure into the neck.

What Kampmann did was just a standing reverse rear naked choke with no arm trapped.

They classify it as a guillotine but it's just a tad bit different.

Archived