Am I the only one

kgisawesome

I am I the only one who thinks coleman can actually beat couture?

.. I got the godfather of ground & pound by decision in this match, especially @ +300,

I respect everything couture has done for the sport but if he continues to talk championship, ... lobotomization may be required .. :rolleyes:

I would love to see him win as I am not really a fan of Randy 'The Fossil" Couture. He should then by rights have an opportunity at the LHW title (maybe a showdown with the winner of Rampage and Rashad first), and all the spoils that Randy would have gotten.

But as we all know, it is not who you beat in the UFC it is who you buddy up with (Dana).

No you are not 'The Hammer' is a bad **** dude! Coleman and Couture are both awesome fighters with tons of heart its gonna be a battle. I hate to say it but I think Randy has been slowing down his last three fights. His hand speed and head movement looks a little slow. Its a catch 22 with this match up I dont want either guy to loose.

No one is doubting it. It's just that Randy is the more popular fighter' date=' and alot of these idiots have only started watching UFC the past two years, so they don't know who Coleman is.[/quote']

lol ok man don't know what your trying to point out, yeah i started watching mma couple of years ago but i actually think coleman will beat couture....and i don't like how you brand the new mma fans as idiots because they don't know much about the history, man this sport has only been around for 20 years and ufc 16 years, so there isn't ton of history. my point is i've only been into mma 2 and half years and i basically know everything about it, from watching old fights and what not,

oh and the answer to the question, i believe coleman will beat couture UD 29-28

I honestly think it could go either way. Coleman has more than great wrestling, he has learned how to use that wrestling to nuetralize an opponent's ground game. Look at the Bonnar fight. Bonnar has great BJJ, and a really good guard. Coleman made him look like a white belt. I don't think Randy has really fought a wrestler of Coleman's caliber, which will come into play seeing as Randy's wrestling and dirty box is the mainstay of his game. Coleman is also expected to be in great shape due to his wrestling background. He has also shown he is no slouch with the leather. While not technically superb, he has very heavy hands and has shown he can be a good brawler.

Randy, well we all know his talents. He is probably the most successful user of dirty box outside of maybe Jens Pulver. He has phenomenal greco, which not only makes his dirty box even better, it gives him alot of take down options from the clinch (as opposed to Coleman, who is an All American style wrestler, and relies mostly on shooting for his TD's-even if it is one of the best double legs around). Randy is also in great shape, and has tremendous heart.

I honestly cannot call this fight. I firmly believe it's an even toss up. Randy may have a slight edge in the standup, but I think Coleman can take him down, so that doesn't matter. 50/50 either way.

They're both really good wrestlers. Randy can grapple standing and efficiently, and is the better strategist.

Coleman is really dangerous if he gets top position.

Randy has the ability to stop the takedown, so the logical decision is to take him. It has nothing to do with history, like some dbags in here would like you to believe...

No one is doubting it. It's just that Randy is the more popular fighter' date=' and alot of these idiots have only started watching UFC the past two years, so they don't know who Coleman is.[/quote']

Why are we idiots because of this?

Like, are you saying I have less intelligence because I didn't know that this sport existed until recently?

I think that makes you the idiot.

Coleman has gotten much more realistic with his fighting capabilities as of the last few years and has done a much better job of game planning. If he can be ready to go the distance with Randy and not let Randy beat him up against the cage in the clutch which he is known for and uses very effectively he has a great chance in this fight. I do think Randy has far superior wrestling and his stand up has become much more evasive versus offensive which should help him. I do not see either of these guys finishing this fight unfortunately so it will probably go to the judges.

Are you saying people are idiots based on the fact they have only watched ufc and mma for the past 2 years and not for over a decade? So unless you've watched mma for more than 2 years your an idiot?

Archived