Future of Strikeforce

oxymoron5k

Just curious on where people think Strikeforce will be in 5 years and How it will effect the UFC.

I honestly think the 3rd will be the future..and if it's not I think another company will rise...Just to big of a sport to hold all the fighters forever..Someone will challenge the UFC eventually IMO...

Strikeforce will be gone soon. Look at Pride or Affliction: both were way better than Strikefarce and they couldn't make it. SF does not have a better HW division than UFC: they have Fedor and Overeem, who is their champion yet hasn't fought with them for 2 years!?Fedor is overrated and would lose to Mir or Brock. Overeem wouldn't stand a chance against any top 5 UFC HW. They have 2 guys and a couple of former UFC dropouts that couldn't cut it: UFC has Brock, Mir, Velasquez, Carwin, Dos Santos, Nog, Cro Cop, and Gonzaga. And the only other fighters they have are Mousasi (another overrated fighter, beating UFC dropouts like Sokoudjoo doesn't make you great), and Hendo (who is a top 3 MW or LH). I could take an hour listing UFC's lineup, but you get the idea: Strikefarce will either be absorbed or go bankrupt, they should have remained a small show.

Strikeforce will be gone soon. Look at Pride or Affliction: both were way better than Strikefarce and they couldn't make it. SF does not have a better HW division than UFC: they have Fedor and Overeem' date=' who is their champion yet hasn't fought with them for 2 years!?Fedor is overrated and would lose to Mir or Brock. Overeem wouldn't stand a chance against any top 5 UFC HW. They have 2 guys and a couple of former UFC dropouts that couldn't cut it: UFC has Brock, Mir, Velasquez, Carwin, Dos Santos, Nog, Cro Cop, and Gonzaga. And the only other fighters they have are Mousasi (another overrated fighter, beating UFC dropouts like Sokoudjoo doesn't make you great), and Hendo (who is a top 3 MW or LH). I could take an hour listing UFC's lineup, but you get the idea: Strikefarce will either be absorbed or go bankrupt, they should have remained a small show.[/quote']

... you are completely uneducated to this subject, I'm not going to waste my time w/ this noobulecent nonsense, the posse will be along soon & hang yur azz .... :rolleyes:

... you are completely uneducated to this subject' date=' I'm not going to waste my time w/ this noobulecent nonsense, the posse will be along soon & hang yur azz .... :rolleyes:[/quote']

How am I uneducated? Tell me how I am wrong? They have 4 big names: Fedor, Hendo, Mousasi, and Overeem, who hasn't even fought for them in 2 years, so really just 3. Out of those, only Hendo is legitimate: Fedor hasn't proved himself in years and Mousasi hasn't fought anyone. Your telling me Strikeforce has a better chance than Pride or Affliction? You are uneducated on the subject buddy.

How am I uneducated? Tell me how I am wrong? They have 4 big names: Fedor' date=' Hendo, Mousasi, and Overeem, who hasn't even fought for them in 2 years, so really just 3. Out of those, only Hendo is legitimate: Fedor hasn't proved himself in years and Mousasi hasn't fought anyone. Your telling me Strikeforce has a better chance than Pride or Affliction? You are uneducated on the subject buddy.[/quote']

fedor

werdum

barnett

overeem

bigfoot

rogers

arlovski

monson

kharitonov

sakuraba

king mo

fujita

whitehead

sokoudjou^ (looking to move up)

sidelnikov

thompson

................... I missed a few .. would you like me to list the ufc hwd ? :rolleyes:

lesnar .. (the miracle-boy 3-1 ufc/hw champ)

nogueira .. barely squeaked by a 47 yr/old 16-10 lhw

struve .. struve vs lesnar would put fannies in the seats for sure

barry .. no comment coz I like him

mir .. got whooped by a 3-1 pretender

velasquez .. shallow record

cigano .. won't fight his mentor

al turk .. :rolleyes:

crocop .. :rolleyes:

carwin .. never fought past 2:11 (his debut)

rothwell .. :rolleyes:

stojnic .. :rolleyes:

hardonk .. cough-cough ..

................................... I'm too bored to continue

How am I uneducated? Tell me how I am wrong? They have 4 big names: Fedor' date=' Hendo, Mousasi, and Overeem, who hasn't even fought for them in 2 years, so really just 3. Out of those, only Hendo is legitimate: Fedor hasn't proved himself in years and Mousasi hasn't fought anyone. Your telling me Strikeforce has a better chance than Pride or Affliction? You are uneducated on the subject buddy.[/quote']

How can you say Mousasi hasn't fought anyone? Just because you don't know who any of his opponents are doesn't mean he hasn't fought anyone.

The kid is 24 years old and he's had like 30 fights. And only like 5 of the fights he's won have made it out of the first round.

just stop dude. seriously.

Strike force is weak. Yeah they got Fedor, Hendo, and the Dream Catcher but whats up with their shows?!?! The fight card for sat. is a freak show Hersal Walker 0-0 fight record fighting a dude that is 1-0 that awesome match up is on the main card! Moving on Bobby Lashley who is a mutant and decorated wrestler but is also 1-0 fighting are you ready WES SIMS!!! With main cards like this SF is not going to be taken seriously.

Strike force is weak. Yeah they got Fedor' date=' Hendo, and the Dream Catcher but whats up with their shows?!?! The fight card for sat. is a freak show Hersal Walker 0-0 fight record fighting a dude that is 1-0 that awesome match up is on the main card! Moving on Bobby Lashley who is a mutant and decorated wrestler but is also 1-0 fighting are you ready WES SIMS!!! With main cards like this SF is not going to be taken seriously.[/quote']

pretty much this.

They are still a small time organization, that has a few big names (to the hardcore fan) that can't put asses in the seats.

As much as purists hate to admit it, Lesner sells more seats then Fedor and is thus worth more money to a company.

Also, to berzerkers..

Remember that Dream, and M-1,while they do have a sharing program with Strikeforce, they are not strikeforce. Plus, fighters like Barnett, doesn't even come close to counting as a name for Strikeforce since he cannot fight in North America (strikeforce's target area) due to his being busted for roid use.

This is the dose of reality.

All the UFC fan bois that are saying "strikefarce" is an epic failure and will die soon are stupid.

All the Anti UFC folks, like exodus, and berserkers, etc, who say saying Strikeforce is the best thing ever and will destory the UFC (hyperbole for some, but I've seen some people way this) are stupid as well.

Reality is: Strikeforce is a small time promoter that has taken some steps to move up in the world and it is way to early to tell how everything will end up. Right now they are not even coming close to giving the UFC a run for its money.

how about we do a lil SF vs UFC tourny

2 fighters from each division e.g

Fedor/Rogers vs Lesnar/Mir

Mousasi/Mo Lawal vs Machida/Shogun

Henderson/Souza vs Diva Silva/Marquardt

Sheilds/Zaromskis vs GSP/Fitch

Melendez/Thompson vs Penn/Florian

Damn, that'd be the best thing to happen in mma since...umm i dunno, gina carano? lol

lesnar .. (the miracle-boy 3-1 ufc/hw champ)

nogueira .. barely squeaked by a 47 yr/old 16-10 lhw

struve .. struve vs lesnar would put fannies in the seats for sure

barry .. no comment coz I like him

mir .. got whooped by a 3-1 pretender

velasquez .. shallow record

cigano .. won't fight his mentor

al turk .. :rolleyes:

crocop .. :rolleyes:

carwin .. never fought past 2:11 (his debut)

rothwell .. :rolleyes:

stojnic .. :rolleyes:

hardonk .. cough-cough ..

................................... I'm too bored to continue

actually after list of the SF HW's and the UF HW's, i think the ufc boys would win....easily, only fedor and rogers would mount challenges......werdun....well put him cigano again and he'd get ktfo again. bigfoot big nog would desicion him and arlovski's done bro, pat barry would ko him

actually after list of the SF HW's and the UF HW's' date=' i think the ufc boys would win....easily, only fedor and rogers would mount challenges......werdun....well put him cigano again and he'd get ktfo again. bigfoot big nog would desicion him and arlovski's done bro, pat barry would ko him[/quote']

.. spare a dimebag bro ? :rolleyes:

Its hard to look ahead 5 years. I would say the UFC piulled off a major coup last year by getting Kimbo on TUF, and basically saved that shows bacon. But I doubt it can last another 5 years.

Once TUF is gone the UFC is back to being an MMA promotion and frankly MMA is an iffy business.

History tells us all MMA promotions will eventually fail. The future is definately in free shows on network TV. Strikeforce has that right.

Remember that this poll is about where Strikeforce will be in 5 YEARS...Not now of coarse Strikeforce would get demolished. I really do think that Hendo going there might have gave Strikeforce the spark it needs to continue to grow...I mean this sport is so huge and it's only getting bigger..and with more fighters coming into the sport theres no way UFC can hold them all..

The CBS contract will keep the afloat through its duration but sooner or later all that revenue sharing that M-1 has forced upon them will take its toll and they will either fade entirely or be relegated to the future as the minor leauge to The UFC, which I think is needed ofr small time fighters to get their names out there and build a rep and a record beforehitting the proving grounds.

Even on the events that Fedor is not on, M-1 is all over the place so the co-promotion is taking a good portion of the proceeds for each event. All it will take is one steroid scandal from Overeem, Barnet, Randelmann, Babalu to bring the CBS contract to an end and eliminate their #1 source of income, then between fighter pay and giving chunks of profit to M-1 so the name can be plastered all over the money just won't work out.

Just remember every event Fedor and M-1 have been involved with since PRIDE's demise has lost money for the main promotional body.

fedor

werdum

barnett

overeem

bigfoot

rogers

arlovski

monson

kharitonov

sakuraba

king mo

fujita

whitehead

sokoudjou^ (looking to move up)

sidelnikov

thompson

................... I missed a few .. would you like me to list the ufc hwd ? :rolleyes:

Are you serious? First of all, anyone with another organization that doesn't fight with SF doesn't count on their roster (OVEREEM). Second, how many of those are former UFC fighters that couldn't make it against the big boys (Arlovski, Sylvia, Sokoudjou)? Next, who would actually be in the top 5 in the UFC? Oh yeah, you're left with Fedor, who at best is top 3: he will not beat Mir or Brock. Plus, Berserker why are you on a UFC forum when it seems like all you watch is second-rate organizations?

Are you serious? First of all' date=' anyone with another organization that doesn't fight with SF doesn't count on their roster (OVEREEM). Second, how many of those are former UFC fighters that couldn't make it against the big boys (Arlovski, Sylvia, Sokoudjou)? Next, who would actually be in the top 5 in the UFC? Oh yeah, you're left with Fedor, who at best is top 3: he will not beat Mir or Brock. Plus, Berserker why are you on a UFC forum when it seems like all you watch is second-rate organizations?[/quote']

as usual, you missed the point .... try knitting.com noob

Archived