I wish I could understand..

FireBuds

I just don't get how people can dislike fighters? I mean, I guess I like some more then others as far as styles and personality, but, I can not name 1 fighter I dislike. I guess it's because they got the balls to actually get in there and do it. I don't mind ****iness or trash talking really.. they aren't talking to me and its probably in their best interest to get in their opponents head. Now don't get me wrong if I were in the crowd during Lesnars little rant at UFC 100 I would have booed his @$$ hard along with everyone especially if i was hammered.. But I still respect him as a human being besides, Dana White said it best he is just a mean guy. Unless you press his buttons he seems pretty humble. Like 99% of fighters before or after the fight.. trash talking or no trash talking it's squashed in the octagon. I just read around or hear people say Oh I hate Lesnar.. Oh I hate Clay Guida..Oh I hate Fedor.. Oh I hate Frank Mir.. I'd like to ask how? why hate the players of the game we love so much? makes no sense. All fighters rule!

Why?

Because your a racist? or just becuase he don?t speak english.

People like you disgust me' date=' Fedor is the nicest and most humble person you can find in MMA.[/quote']

This is a forum right, so I have the right to say whom I don't like. Does it mean that if a guy is nice then I cannot hate him. You can hate whom you want and I dont care. I cannot understand in this thread why a lot of people hates so many different fighters but why hating Fedor is forbidden

But when people say they hate a fighter I thing is just a bad choice of words, just think like this:

If you say that you hate a fighter, you hate him so much that if you had the opportunity to shoot and kill him you would you do it? Or you just hate because you dislike his personality and his fight style??

I dislike Tito Ortiz personality and his fighting style, but a respect him for putting his **** on the line and stepping inside the octagon. I would never killing him.

I just don't get how people can dislike fighters? I mean' date=' I guess I like some more then others as far as styles and personality, but, I can not name 1 fighter I dislike. I guess it's because they got the balls to actually get in there and do it. I don't mind ****iness or trash talking really.. they aren't talking to me and its probably in their best interest to get in their opponents head. Now don't get me wrong if I were in the crowd during Lesnars little rant at UFC 100 I would have booed his @$$ hard along with everyone especially if i was hammered.. But I still respect him as a human being besides, Dana White said it best he is just a mean guy. Unless you press his buttons he seems pretty humble. Like 99% of fighters before or after the fight.. trash talking or no trash talking it's squashed in the octagon. I just read around or hear people say Oh I hate Lesnar.. Oh I hate Clay Guida..Oh I hate Fedor.. Oh I hate Frank Mir.. I'd like to ask how? why hate the players of the game we love so much? makes no sense. All fighters rule![/quote']

I totally agree with you, why would you actually hate a fighter?

Some guys on here actually hate fighters simply because they're British!

Unreal like

To hate a fighter because they are british is just ridiculous. I can understand people being irked by Bispings huge ego but he has to stay confident otherwise whats the point? Same with everyone hating Kos.. he has come so far and sure, he does kind of look like he was the d0uche bag jock from his school but he is very respectful and fun to watch.. Did anyone else see him lay out Yoshida or Trigg? Great performances!

I don't hate any fighters. I just hate certain attitudes of fighters. For example Brock after the Herring fight. (not so bad just made me go "err maybe if you had finished him") then the Mir 2 fight and the disrespect of the fans and sponsor for god's sake.

Actually in all honesty the getting in Mir's face wouldn't have been totally uncalled for if he wouldn't have got so emotional over the fans. If he would have left the fans and sponsor out of the whole ordeal I wouldn't have cared so much.

i agree whole heartedly his antics are usually quite bogus.. he has a complete disregard for the things that come out of his mouth. thats just how he is. sometimes his attitude is just outlandish.. but he seems nice in interviews and is a talented guy

Yeah i'll never dispute Brock being talented. Two things will have to happen for me to respect this guy more.

1. Take two losses back to back no matter how they come and keep fighting. (I can just see Brock having a losing streak and quitting the sport)

2. Be a lot more humble and respectful when he does win and lower the ego tone.

The TS makes a good point, most times when I have negative feelings towards a fighter it has more to do with the comments and attitude of their fans than because of the fighters themselves. There are some definite exceptions, when fighters like Ortiz or Penn make up weak excuses for losing it really makes me lose respect for them.

I just don't get how people can dislike fighters? I mean' date=' I guess I like some more then others as far as styles and personality, but, I can not name 1 fighter I dislike. I guess it's because they got the balls to actually get in there and do it. I don't mind ****iness or trash talking really.. they aren't talking to me and its probably in their best interest to get in their opponents head. Now don't get me wrong if I were in the crowd during Lesnars little rant at UFC 100 I would have booed his @$$ hard along with everyone especially if i was hammered.. But I still respect him as a human being besides, Dana White said it best he is just a mean guy. Unless you press his buttons he seems pretty humble. Like 99% of fighters before or after the fight.. trash talking or no trash talking it's squashed in the octagon. I just read around or hear people say Oh I hate Lesnar.. Oh I hate Clay Guida..Oh I hate Fedor.. Oh I hate Frank Mir.. I'd like to ask how? why hate the players of the game we love so much? makes no sense. All fighters rule![/quote']

I agree with you completely on this one dude.

I guess it's just easier for certain types of people to hate on and negatively judge fighters rather than spend time talking positively about their favorite fighters and their achievements.

That's free will for you though, it is a *****.

I've just about accepted that there are very few fighters in the UFC that seem like genuinely nice guys. Then again, having a bad attitude, too much confidence or a mean streak might just be what the trainers instill in their fighters in order to make them better. It's tough to call.

There are some of the guys I don't like myself, but I think the one thing that could truly make me hate a fighter is disrespect.

It doesn't matter if you're confident or even plain old mean, but as long as a fighter shows respect for his opponent and those who are in any way responsible for his success, they're okay in my book.

For example, whereas guys like Diaz, Wanderlei and Koscheck might just be mean or ****y, they're still classy competitors and are disciplined/respectful.

Bisping and Lesnar? maybe not so much lol

Archived