Ali v Tyson

LegoPig

Yep, this old chestnut again. Who do you think would have won, both in their prime.

I would give it to Tyson, and tbh I dont think there is a boxer that has ever lived who could have beaten him in his prime. The guy beat opponents before they even started training the guy was (and still is) so scary.

Yep' date=' this old chestnut again. Who do you think would have won, both in their prime.

I would give it to Tyson, and tbh I dont think there is a boxer that has ever lived who could have beaten him in his prime. The guy beat opponents before they even started training the guy was (and still is) so scary.[/quote']

Agreed, plus Ali's style comparetive to Tyson's would be a perfect match-up. Ali often let people get inside on him where he would let them tire themsleves out punching him in the stomach and break away using a quick flurry. He would not be able to do that on Tyson. Tyson would literally destroy Ali on the inside. If Ali tried to keep range Tyson's head movement and footwork were pretty much flawless and Tyson would end up on the inside anyways. A prime Tyson is IMO the greatest boxer of all time. Too bad he spun out of control and tarnished his legacy.

In their prime I give the edge to Tyson, but only slightly. Tyson in his heyday was a brutal KO artist with speed to back it up. Ali on the other hand had speed and elusiveness to make opponents often at times look silly. Ali was also very strong as well, many people don't realize how strong he really was, (but not Tyson strong).

The opponents they faced you can give the edge maybe to Ali, with opponents like Joe fraizer and a young hungry lion in George foreman. Tyson fought guys like buster, Lennox Lewis, and holyfield.

Either way you look at it these are two of the greatest heavyweights of all time. A fight between these two in their primes would've been epic.

Yep' date=' this old chestnut again. Who do you think would have won, both in their prime.

I would give it to Tyson, and tbh I dont think there is a boxer that has ever lived who could have beaten him in his prime. The guy beat opponents before they even started training the guy was (and still is) so scary.[/quote']

Ali would hve beaten Tyson easily.

Tyson is maybe a top 50 HW. MAybe.

In their prime I give the edge to Tyson' date=' but only slightly. Tyson in his heyday was a brutal KO artist with speed to back it up. Ali on the other hand had speed and elusiveness to make opponents often at times look silly. Ali was also very strong as well, many people don't realize how strong he really was, (but not Tyson strong).

The opponents they faced you can give the edge maybe to Ali, with opponents like Joe fraizer and a young hungry lion in George foreman. Tyson fought guys like buster, Lennox Lewis, and holyfield.

Either way you look at it these are two of the greatest heavyweights of all time. A fight between these two in their primes would've been epic.[/quote']

In fact Ali is universally credited with having fought the toughest group of fighters of any HW whereas TYson fought nobody. Literally. I believe the only champion Tyson ever beat ws Tervor Berbick.

Tyson couldn;t even beat Holyfeld ffs.

i would love to have seen tyson in his prime fight in the ufc. with those small gloves he would be putting people to sleep left and right. he IS the most devastating puncher iv ever witnessed.

poor bob sapp wouldnt have known what hit him if they fought. good chance sapp would have had his jaw punched clean off....

Tyson would of certainly of won if he fought Ali back in his Costamatto(i think thats how its spelled) days. After Costamatto passed tysons spirit went with him and he started to fall off not long after. Tyson was raised by him and raised to be a killer with an unmatchable power and speed balance. And just think Ali truly never faced anyone like tyson in his prime. Watch any fight of Ali's he got caught with lots of good punches by backin up in to the ropes and then tryin to push the guy hence how hes so punch drunk today. Im sorry but if he left himself open to as many power punches as he did against them Tyson would put him on the canvas. Tyson really didnt start falling off until the dinosaurs started hitting the Prize Ring where they stand at 6'7" and tyson stood at a mere 5'10-5'11 thats a tough height advantage for anyone. Also for those who say Ali is too fast then you truly never watched a video of tyson train by the way i also believe correct me if im wrong tyson held the world record for the most punches thrown in a certain period of time not Ali

Ali beat fighters like Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier and George Foreman who were far tougher than Tyson. Ali was a very cerebral fighter and I don't think it would have taken him long to figure out what Buster Douglas, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield did, that the you frustrate Tyson by completely smothering him on the inside and then use your reach advantage to pick him apart.

In fact Ali is universally credited with having fought the toughest group of fighters of any HW whereas TYson fought nobody. Literally. I believe the only champion Tyson ever beat ws Tervor Berbick.

Tyson couldn;t even beat Holyfeld ffs.

Holyfield was constantly headbutting Tyson, watch both fights again. Tyson had cuts and even blacked out with one of the headbutts.

The second fight he just became so angry that he started to bite back and eventually lost (DQ).

Tyson fought nobody? Please........

Ali beat fighters like Sonny Liston' date=' Joe Frazier and George Foreman who were far tougher than Tyson. Ali was a very cerebral fighter and I don't think it would have taken him long to figure out what Buster Douglas, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield did, that the you frustrate Tyson by completely smothering him on the inside and then use your reach advantage to pick him apart.[/quote']

Agree with everything you said.

Holyfield was constantly headbutting Tyson' date=' watch both fights again. Tyson had cuts and even blacked out with one of the headbutts.

The second fight he just became so angry that he started to bite back and eventually lost (DQ).

Tyson fought nobody? Please........[/quote']

LOL

Tysons record speaks for itself. The guy fought nobody, and whenever he did fight somebody he lost..

Tyson couldn;t beat Holyfield but he;s going to beat Ali?

As if.

Holyfield was constantly headbutting Tyson' date=' watch both fights again. Tyson had cuts and even blacked out with one of the headbutts.

take look at tysons list vs ali's. its apparent who fought the much tougher opponents.

ali fought the best of all time...tyson not so much.

Ali all day!

He never let anyone touch him inside or anywhere else until later in his career after his trial and all that. In his "prime" he would have tooled Tyson just like Lewis and Holyfield did, but even moreso. You really have to take a look at the young Muhammed Ali to understand just how good he really was.

There has never been the combination of speed, accuracy, and power displayed by the young Ali, at least not inthe HW division.

Douglas, Holyfield and Lennox showed what good technical boxing skill could do to the big swinger, if you weren't scared before you hit the ring. Honestly speaking Tyson doesn't even make my top 5 HW list. He was overblown, protected and coddled for the hype and money. A real BOXER shut him down every time he faced one. I know you will hit me with "past his prime" and all that but had he not been protected by King and everyone around him until he was no longer the cash cow he started out as, he would have been exposed much much sooner.

Tyson's entire style was basically just the same as Floydd Patterson, Cus was floyds principle trainer and the fighting style was practically identical, though admittedly much stronger, and if you know anything about the history of boxing you would know how badly Ali beat Patterson, he totally toyed with him and gave him the beating of his life.

The worst thing that ever happened to Iron Mike was the Death of Cus D'Amato, and Tony Atlas leaving his camp (but that was Tyson's own doing by trying to force himself on Tony's niece when he was 18 and she was 13). Of course with that KO power he stood just more than a "puncher's chance", but just barely. I would think if they fought a hundred times, Ali wins 90, and that is being generous.

I loved watching Tyson fight in his best days, it was a beautiful thing to see. But in no way did he measure up to the greatest of the HW division's history. I put Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holyfield, Lewis(Joe and Lennox both), Klitschko, Dempsey, Marciano, all above him in the list of all time great HW's, and that list quadruples when considering all time P4P best.

I actually think he would have made a better MMA, NHB type fighter than a pure boxer, but there was little venue, and even less money in that arena during his day.

All of the "headbutts" in the Holyfield fight were unintentional results of their clashing styles, don't try to blame Tyson being beaten by the superior fighter on that.

And who did he fight? Razor Rud****? PFFFT!

The only times he faced real technicians in the ring he lost, period.

Tyson would of certainly of won if he fought Ali back in his Costamatto(i think thats how its spelled) days. After Costamatto passed tysons spirit went with him and he started to fall off not long after. Tyson was raised by him and raised to be a killer with an unmatchable power and speed balance. And just think Ali truly never faced anyone like tyson in his prime. Watch any fight of Ali's he got caught with lots of good punches by backin up in to the ropes and then tryin to push the guy hence how hes so punch drunk today. Im sorry but if he left himself open to as many power punches as he did against them Tyson would put him on the canvas. Tyson really didnt start falling off until the dinosaurs started hitting the Prize Ring where they stand at 6'7" and tyson stood at a mere 5'10-5'11 thats a tough height advantage for anyone. Also for those who say Ali is too fast then you truly never watched a video of tyson train by the way i also believe correct me if im wrong tyson held the world record for the most punches thrown in a certain period of time not Ali

The "rope a dope" didn't come about until late in Ali's career. His "prime" was leading up to the Liston Fight's and the few years after. After he came back from the banishment is when he started to slow down, ever so slightly, and started taking punches. He was never hit in his first 20-23 fights.

And Ali has Parkinson's, a genetic flaw, NOT caused by punches, though the years of punches did help accelerate the onset.

LOL

Tysons record speaks for itself. The guy fought nobody' date=' and whenever he did fight somebody he lost..

Tyson couldn;t beat Holyfield but he;s going to beat Ali?

As if.[/quote']

You cannot base your opinion off of Tyson manically depressed, married to Robin Givens, losing his mentor to PRIME ALI jack ****. 1985 Tyson would wreck anyone, ever. Hence why he was the youngest HW Champion of all-time. If thats the case then I'll take the late 70's version of Ali. Late 70's Ali would lose to Lewis, Holyfield and Douglas too.

Your points are moot as you probablly aren't even old enough to have seen a prime Tyson.

If you're comparing Liston and Foreman to Tyson' date=' you're functionally retarded.[/quote']

They both hit harder. Neither had his speed/ower combo, but both were much more solid punchers. Did you never see a 235 b Joe Frazier getting swatted around the ring, literally knocked off his feet and across the ring, by single Foreman punches? Or how Big George could KO anyone with a short, from the chest jab? Ask Michael Moorer about that.

Tyson did have the speed factor, which made the impact of his punches multiply, but no way did he have as powerful a punch as Foreman or Liston. They both spent careers splitting 150 lb heavy bags wide open in the gym.

take look at tysons list vs ali's. its apparent who fought the much tougher opponents.

ali fought the best of all time...tyson not so much.

This sounds like a typical Fedor arguement translated over to boxing. Tyson dodged no one. Because the talent pool wasn't in your opinion, as tough as the pool Ali faced. Has no bearing on how great Tyson was. He dominated and retired fighters he went against in his prime.

They both hit harder. Neither had his speed/ower combo' date=' but both were much more solid punchers. Did you never see a 235 b Joe Frazier getting swatted around the ring, literally knocked off his feet and across the ring, by single Foreman punches? Or how Big George could KO anyone with a short, from the chest jab? Ask Michael Moorer about that.

Tyson did have the speed factor, which made the impact of his punches multiply, but no way did he have as powerful a punch as Foreman or Liston. They both spent careers splitting 150 lb heavy bags wide open in the gym.[/quote']

So what you're trying to tell me is that Tyson was a worse power puncher than Foreman or Frazier? Not straight power, functional power punches. Tyson KO'd people from from the middle of the chest uppercuts.

I would have to respectfully disagree.

So what you're trying to tell me is that Tyson was a worse power puncher than Foreman or Frazier? Not straight power' date=' functional power punches. Tyson KO'd people from from the middle of the chest uppercuts.

I would have to respectfully disagree.[/quote']

I agree that with the speed and combos factored in Tyson's functional power may have been equal, but his pure punching power falls short, especially of Foreman.

If they fight were to happen in both fighters "prime" who knows who would have won Because the 5 years or so Ali was "banned from boxing" would have technically been his prime, However given what time we did see from Ali and Tyson I would have to say Ali would win.

Tyson had extremly under-rated head movment but used no angles he always moved foward also his slips coming in where side to side rarely using bob n weave but packed a murderous punch,also was an underrated body puncher.

Ali was a thinkin mans Boxer he used his aglity and speed wisely always stayed moving which is the best Strat. against somone that maintains coming forward. He had a great reach and was extremly quick. He was tactical about the fight and played towards his strenth. Whoever said he liked for his oppnonets to come to him so he can "rope a dope" was mistaken he didn't use this tactic all the time he did however learn to tie up his opponet effectivly and use this to his advantage.

That being said I'd say Ali in the 8th or 9th rounds Tyson would come on strong going for a K.O Ali would weather the storm winning on points in the early round before gettin a KO or stoppage.

If they fight were to happen in both fighters "prime" who knows who would have won Because the 5 years or so Ali was "banned from boxing" would have technically been his prime' date=' However given what time we did see from Ali and Tyson I would have to say Ali would win.

Tyson had extremly under-rated head movment but used no angles he always moved foward also his slips coming in where side to side rarely using bob n weave but packed a murderous punch,also was an underrated body puncher.

Ali was a thinkin mans Boxer he used his aglity and speed wisely always stayed moving which is the past Strat. against somone that maintains coming forward. He had a great reach and was extremly quick. He was tactical about the fight and played towards his strenth. Whoever said he liked for his oppnonets to come to him so he can "rope a dope" was mistaken he didn't use this tactic all the time he did however learn to tie up his opponet effectivly and use this to his advantage.

That being said I'd say Ali in the 8th or 9th rounds Tyson would come on strong going for a K.O Ali would weather the storm winning on points in the early round before gettin a KO or stoppage.[/quote']

Excellent analysis, is this Merchant or Lampley?

This sounds like a typical Fedor arguement translated over to boxing. Tyson dodged no one. Because the talent pool wasn't in your opinion' date=' as tough as the pool Ali faced. Has no bearing on how great Tyson was. He dominated and retired fighters he went against in his prime.[/quote']

all im saying is that Ali fought in an era when there was alot more TOUGH competition. boxing is more than just punching power. tyson had outstanding punching power and head movement. while Ali had incredible speed, footwork, and head movement. with decent power, not on tysons level by any means. but ali was no stranger to knocking someone out.

there is something to be said for the competition someone is facing. it doesnt translate into the fedor arguement because fedor has beaten alot of the best fighters when he was in pride. tyson lost to the tough competiton he faced holyfield, lewis, douglas.

another thing...Ali is mentally strong..tyson is mentally weak.

Excellent analysis' date=' is this Merchant or Lampley?[/quote']

Thanks I'm just a huge boxing man,I love the older boxing 35-60's. I grew up on boxing my uncle and Godfather were both professional boxers as am I. Wish there were less politcal BS with the sport but as any sport such as boxing grows and more money becomes involved its bout to happen. I see MMA following in boxings footsteps in the aspect in the future.

all im saying is that Ali fought in an era when there was alot more TOUGH competition. boxing is more than just punching power. tyson had outstanding punching power and head movement. while Ali had incredible speed' date=' footwork, and head movement. with decent power, not on tysons level by any means. but ali was no stranger to knocking someone out.

there is something to be said for the competition someone is facing. it doesnt translate into the fedor arguement because fedor has beaten alot of the best fighters when he was in pride. tyson lost to the tough competiton he faced holyfield, lewis, douglas.[/quote']

In the early 90's Tyson can be considered past his prime, he was on a down slope dealing with personal demons and his own ego. He didn't know how to take losing,Some fighters do and learn from it some fighters don't Humitly is what makes a great boxer and Tyson didn't have this still doesnt.

all im saying is that Ali fought in an era when there was alot more TOUGH competition. boxing is more than just punching power. tyson had outstanding punching power and head movement. while Ali had incredible speed' date=' footwork, and head movement. with decent power, not on tysons level by any means. but ali was no stranger to knocking someone out.

there is something to be said for the competition someone is facing. it doesnt translate into the fedor arguement because fedor has beaten alot of the best fighters when he was in pride. tyson lost to the tough competiton he faced holyfield, lewis, douglas.

another thing...Ali is mentally strong..tyson is mentally weak.[/quote']

He wasn't prime for those fighters, thats the point. That was the downside of his career. Let us not forget that Tyson decimated Trevor Berbick(the last person Ali fought, and lost to). These types of arguements can be skewed either way. Tyson was also arguebly the fastest HW ever, and Ali's clinch the back of the head BS would've ended up in broken ribs and a bruised liver against Tyson.

He wasn't prime for those fighters' date=' thats the point. That was the downside of his career. Let us not forget that Tyson decimated Trevor Berbick(the last person Ali fought, and lost to). These types of arguements can be skewed either way. Tyson was also arguebly the fastest HW ever, and Ali's clinch the back of the head BS would've ended up in broken ribs and a bruised liver against Tyson.[/quote']

Ali wouldn't stayed still for Tyson to work the body he would have made that mistake once and the re adjusted his game plan. Also you can't use Tysons win over Trevor and compare it to Ali losing. Ali should have retired years before this fight. If it would have happend earlier Ali wouldn't have lost.

Ali wouldn't stayed still for Tyson to work the body he would have made that mistake once and the re adjusted his game plan. Also you can't use Tysons win over Trevor and compare it to Ali losing. Ali should have retired years before this fight. If it would have happend earlier Ali wouldn't have lost.

I'm using it the same way others are using Holyfield, Lewis to Tyson. If those fights happened in the late 80's early 90's Tyson wins both by 1-2 round KO. See how that works?

I'm using it the same way others are using Holyfield' date=' Lewis to Tyson.[/quote']

I understand and agree with what your saying to an extent.

But when Tyson fought Holyfield even Riddik Bowe He was still relativly in his so called prime he jus was outclassed.

As I said in a previous post Tyson never really got the mental aspect of the game down he didn't know how to lose well and its sad because he could have done so much more in his career. As for Lewis I totaly agree its pretty much the same thing as what you were comparing to Ali Trevor. When Lewis fought Tyson he was done as far as his career went.

I understand and agree with what your saying to an extent.

But when Tyson fought Holyfield even Riddik Bowe He was still relativly in his so called prime he jus was outclassed.

As I said in a previous post Tyson never really got the mental aspect of the game down he didn't know how to lose well and its sad because he could have done so much more in his career. As for Lewis I totaly agree its pretty much the same thing as what you were comparing to Ali Trevor. When Lewis fought Tyson he was done as far as his career went.

He didn't fight Bowe. Secondly, any fight after he went to prison, I consider past his prime, which both fights happened after he got out of prison. Tysons problem wasn't that he didn't know how to lose, it came from Cuz D'amato dying. That was his father, trainer, and mentor. Once he died, Tyson got mixed up with Don King and his cronies, rags to riches, fast cars, fast women all those cliches.

Had Tyson not crumbled under the starlight I really believe he would've went on to be the undisputed king of boxing. But he didn't, so I'm left here debating it with people. Honestly, as far as athletic ability went, Tyson was second to none.

He didn't fight Bowe. Secondly' date=' any fight after he went to prison, I consider past his prime, which both fights happened after he got out of prison. Tysons problem wasn't that he didn't know how to lose, it came from Cuz D'amato dying. That was his father, trainer, and mentor. Once he died, Tyson got mixed up with Don King and his cronies, rags to riches, fast cars, fast women all those cliches.

Had Tyson not crumbled under the starlight I really believe he would've went on to be the undisputed king of boxing. But he didn't, so I'm left here debating it with people. Honestly, as far as athletic ability went, Tyson was second to none.[/quote']

Rid**** bow knocked Tyson out with an upercut combantion my friend.

I stand corrected I'm gettin 2 different fighters mixed up sorry kevbo

No Rid**** Bowe

Loss 50?6 Kevin McBride TKO 6 (10), 3:00 2005-06-11 Washington, DC Tyson's trainer Jeff Fenech asked for the fight to be stopped after the sixth round. McBride pushed Tyson over in the sixth. Tyson struggled to get up and looked exhausted. Fenech decided Tyson was unable to continue through exhaustion and called the fight off.

Loss 50?5 Danny Williams KO 4 (10), 2:51 2004-07-30 Louisville, KY With 30 seconds left in round one, Tyson sustained ligament damage to his left knee and visibly reached for his knee in pain. Tyson was knocked out in round four and claimed afterwards he was struggling to even stand from the injury. Four days later, Tyson underwent successful surgery to repair the torn knee ligaments.

Win 50?4 Clifford Etienne KO 1 (10), 0:49 2003-02-22 Memphis, TN

Loss 49?4 Lennox Lewis KO 8 (12), 2:25 2002-06-08 Memphis, TN IBF/IBO/WBC Heavyweight titles on the line.

Win 49?3 Brian Nielsen TKO 7 (10), 3:00 2001-10-13 Copenhagen, Denmark Corner retirement.

NC 48?3 Andrew Gołota No contest 3 (10) 2000-10-20 Auburn Hills, MI Originally a win after round two for Tyson after Gołota refused to continue fighting, the bout was ruled a no contest by the Michigan State Athletic Commission due to Tyson testing positive for marijuana after the fight.

Win 48?3 Lou Savarese TKO 1 (10), 0:38 2000-06-24 Glasgow, Scotland Tyson accidentally hits referee John Coyle after Coyle stopped the bout. During post fight interview, he comments he'd eat Lennox Lewis' children.

Win 47?3 Julius Francis TKO 2 (10), 1:03 2000-01-29 Manchester, England

NC 46?3 Orlin Norris No contest 1 (10), 3:00 1999-10-23 Las Vegas, NV Norris suffered a knee injury following a post-bell punch from Tyson.

Win 46?3 Francois Botha KO 5 (10), 2:59 1999-01-16 Las Vegas, NV

Loss 45?3 Evander Holyfield Disqualification 3 (12) 1997-06-28 Las Vegas, NV "The Bite Fight", Tyson disqualified for twice biting Holyfield's ears in round three.

Loss 45?2 Evander Holyfield TKO 11 (12), 0:37 1996-11-09 Las Vegas, NV Lost WBA Heavyweight title.

Win 45?1 Bruce Seldon TKO 1 (12), 1:49 1996-09-07 Las Vegas, NV Won WBA Heavyweight title. WBC title not on the line. Tyson relinquished the WBC title on September 24.[115]

Win 44?1 Frank Bruno TKO 3 (12), 0:50 1996-03-16 Las Vegas, NV Won WBC Heavyweight title.

Win 43?1 Buster Mathis, Jr. KO 3 (12), 2:32 1995-12-16 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Tyson defeated the slick Undefeated Counter puncher with two right uppercuts as he slipped to the side when Mathis moved in.

Win 42?1 Peter McNeeley Disqualification 1 (10) 1995-08-19 Las Vegas, NV McNeeley was disqualified after his manager entered the ring.

Win 41?1 Donovan Ruddock Decision (unanimous) 12 1991-06-28 Las Vegas, NV The rematch was as brutal as the first and as a result Ruddock sustained a broken jaw and Tyson suffered a perforated eardrum.

Win 40?1 Donovan Ruddock TKO 7 (12), 2:22 1991-03-18 Las Vegas, NV The fight was surrounded in controversy after referee Richard Steele stopped Ruddock in the 7th round after a barrage of punches from Tyson even though he appeared to be ok to continue. As a result of the premature stoppage a fight broke out in the ring between both camps and a rematch was called for.

Win 39?1 Alex Stewart KO 1 (10), 2:27 1990-12-08 Atlantic City, NJ The fight was waved off by the referee as a result of the three knock-down rule. Alex Stewart had gone down three times in the first round.

Win 38?1 Henry Tillman KO 1 (10), 2:47 1990-06-16 Las Vegas, NV Tyson gained revenge over the man who had beaten him twice in the amateurs.

Loss 37?1 James Douglas KO 10 (12) 1990-02-11 Tokyo, Japan Lost IBF/WBA/WBC/RING Heavyweight titles in the biggest upset in the history of boxing.

Win 37?0 Carl Williams TKO 1 (12), 1:33 1989-07-21 Atlantic City, NJ Retained IBF/WBA/WBC/RING Heavyweight titles.

Win 36?0 Frank Bruno TKO 5 (12), 2:55 1989-02-25 Las Vegas, NV Retained IBF/WBA/WBC/RING Heavyweight titles.

Win 35?0 Michael Spinks KO 1 (12), 1:31 1988-06-27 Atlantic City, NJ Won Ring Magazine Heavyweight title and retained IBF/WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles.

Win 34?0 Tony Tubbs TKO 2 (12), 2:54 1988-03-21 Tokyo, Japan Retained IBF/WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles.

Win 33?0 Larry Holmes TKO 4 (12), 2:55 1988-01-22 Atlantic City, NJ Retained IBF/WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles.

Win 32?0 Tyrell Biggs TKO 7 (12), 2:59 1987-10-16 Atlantic City, NJ Retained IBF/WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles.

Win 31?0 Tony Tucker Decision (unanimous) 12 1987-08-01 Las Vegas, NV Won IBF Heavyweight title and retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles, becoming Undisputed Heavyweight champion.

Win 30?0 Pinklon Thomas TKO 6 (12), 2:00 1987-05-30 Las Vegas, NV Retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles.

Win 29?0 James Smith Decision (unanimous) 12 1987-03-07 Las Vegas, NV Won WBA Heavyweight title and retained WBC Heavyweight title.

Win 28?0 Trevor Berbick TKO 2 (12), 2:35 1986-11-22 Las Vegas, NV Won WBC Heavyweight title.

Win 27?0 Alonzo Ratliff KO 2 (10), 1:41 1986-09-06 Las Vegas, NV

Win 26?0 Jos? Ribalta TKO 10 (10), 1:23 1986-08-17 Atlantic City, NJ

Win 25?0 Marvis Frazier KO 1 (10), 0:30 1986-07-26 Glens Falls, NY Frazier, the highly touted prospect, was backed up and crushed with a trademark Tyson combo and knocked out cold, in 30 seconds.

Win 24?0 Lorenzo Boyd KO 2 (10), 1:43 1986-07-11 Swan Lake, NY

Win 23?0 William Hosea KO 1 (10), 2:03 1986-06-28 Troy, NY

Win 22?0 Reggie Gross TKO 1 (10), 2:36 1986-06-13 New York City, NY

Win 21?0 Mitch Green Decision (unanimous) 10 1986-05-20 New York City, NY

Win 20?0 James Tillis Decision (unanimous) 10 1986-05-09 Glens Falls, NY

Win 19?0 Steve Zouski KO 3 (10), 2:39 1986-03-10 Uniondale, NY

Win 18?0 Jesse Ferguson TKO 6 (10), 1:19 1986-02-16 Troy, NY

Win 17?0 Mike Jameson TKO 5 (8), 0:46 1986-01-24 Atlantic City, NJ

Win 16?0 David Jaco TKO 1 (10), 2:16 1986-01-11 Albany, NY

Win 15?0 Mark Young KO 1, 0:50 1985-12-27 Latham, NY

Win 14?0 Sammy Scaff KO 1 (10), 1:19 1985-12-06 New York City, NY

Win 13?0 Conroy Nelson KO 2 1985-11-22 Latham, NY

Win 12?0 Eddie Richardson KO 1, 1:17 1985-11-13 Houston, TX

Win 11?0 Sterling Benjamin TKO 1, 0:54 1985-11-01 Latham, NY

Win 10?0 Robert Colay KO 1 (8), 0:37 1985-10-25 Atlantic City, NJ

Win 9?0 Donnie Long KO 1 (6), 1:28 1985-10-09 Atlantic City, NJ

Win 8?0 Michael Johnson KO 1 (6), 0:39 1985-09-05 Atlantic City, NJ

Win 7?0 Lorenzo Canady TKO 1 (6), 1:05 1985-08-15 Atlantic City, NJ

Win 6?0 Larry Sims KO 3 (6), 2:04 1985-07-19 Poughkeepsie, NY

Win 5?0 John Alderson TKO 2 (6) 1985-07-11 Atlantic City, NJ

Win 4?0 Ricardo Spain KO 1 (6), 0:39 1985-06-20 Atlantic City, NJ

Win 3?0 Don Halpin KO 4 (4) 1985-05-23 Albany, NY

Win 2?0 Trent Singleton TKO 1 (4), 0:53 1985-04-10 Albany, NY

Win 1?0 Hector Mercedes TKO 1 (4), 1:47 1985-03-06 Albany, NY

No he didn't I beleive you're thinking of Buster Douglas.

Rid**** bow knocked Tyson out with an upercut combantion my friend.

I stand corrected I'm gettin 2 different fighters mixed up sorry kevbo

I'm no when to say I made a mistake ;)

Still and all I stand by my statment he didn't know how to lose. just as you stand by yours as it relates to his trainer passing.

Archived