Who is/was the best BJ fighter in da world?

MrDevil

Who is/was the best BJ fighter in da world?

What does BJ stand for? BJ Penn? Its BJJ. Lol.

The best in MMA at the moment, as many people would agree with, Im sure, is Demian Maia. Yes, he HAS been knocked out by Marquardt, but otherwise, its a damn good record. His BJJ record is pretty awesome to look at too.

Personally, I like watching Dustin Hazelett for his BJJ, as he uses Rubber Guard and has some interesting submission finishes. But hes not the best, just good.

It is slightly debatable who the best BJJ fighter is, though, as it is mainly opinion.

Here's a link to the Maia / Jacare BJJ bout. Jacare celebrates at the end' date=' but then when the winners are annouced it's clearly Maia's hand that gets raised.[/quote']

Jacare did win by triangle aswell in no gi against him. It is generally known that Maia is better in the gi but jacare is better no gi. Im pretty sure you can see the Jacare win aswell on youtube in his highlights when he triangles Maia but i havent watched it for ages now.

10th planet jiu jitsu is superior to gracie JJ. im gonna get flammed for that :)

eddie bravo tapped royler gracie' date=' only american to ever tap a gracie that i know of.

could you imagine seeing a twister in the octagon?[/quote']

I'm not gonna flame you, but saying 10th Planet is superior to Gracie is opinion. Although I give ALOT of respect to Bravo because of how he helped evolve the no gi game, I do not see him tapping Rickson(Rixson/Rixon? I keep seeing a lot of different spellings) or Royce, even now. Even Bravo has said it would be more difficult for him to do be as dominant now because so many are pushing the barriers and mixing the BJJ "styles". As far as best ever; probably one of the Gracies, in the MMA game today...Probably Jacare, Drysdale, Werdum or Maia. That is also ALOT of opinion and then there are the BJJ only guys so...

Too right mate - Mr. Royce Gracie = Legend.

Correct, he WAS the best at his time. But take into account that he was fighting against guys who didn't understand BJJ. Any BJJ guy, even a white belt can beat a guy who doesn't understand BJJ. Although, these guys were fighters that Royce was going against, definitely tougher.

But if you put him against some of the really good BJJ guys now, it wouldn't be as one sided, and he might lose. So, who is the best? Yes, Im trying to bring this thread back from everyone posting stuff on the Gracies. Lol.

Archived