Clay Guida doesn't make main card at UFC: On Versus?

Andrewgoodwin

I'm not sure i understand this, on this website, his fight is listed as part of the undercard, but on wikipedia he is on the main card, does anyone know for sure which spot he has? I'm sure you cant put a guy like guida on the prelims, i know he has lost his laast couple, but its guida, if he's put on the main card, UFC on Versus looks ALOT better than some of the recent PPVs, by a large margin

I'm not sure i understand this' date=' on this website, his fight is listed as part of the undercard, but on wikipedia he is on the main card, does anyone know for sure which spot he has? I'm sure you cant put a guy like guida on the prelims, i know he has lost his laast couple, but its guida, if he's put on the main card, UFC on Versus looks ALOT better than some of the recent PPVs, by a large margin[/quote']

I don't know what you're looking at because on Wikipedia, he is listed as on the Undercard. And always trust this website (the official UFC site) over Wikipedia.

When Guida was supposed to face Sean Sherk, that fight would have been on the maincard for sure. But, Sherk pulled out, and Guida vs. Gugerty is not good enough of a matchup to make the already stacked maincard.

Yeah the main card is already stacked. Quite frankly if you are 0-2 in your last two fights, the only way to land yourself on a main card is to constantly have short and exciting fights or have a strong possibility for an exciting finish - ask Kongo. Guida's fight will probably be lay and pray since at this point he needs a win to keep himself from becoming Strikeforce's newest addition.

But seriously guys, don't fret this will be a new era for free cards. By that I mean these fights will actually get finished unlike most of the Fight Night main cards. I wouldn't be surprised to see Irvin vs Sakara or Schaub vs Gormley make the card simply because of how fast those bouts could go.

So here's to hoping the dos Santos and Johnson have some beautiful first round knockouts and we can see some prelim action! Let's just hope they don't use up too much filler time on the broadcast either way.

I don't know what you're looking at because on Wikipedia' date=' he is listed as on the Undercard. And always trust this website (the official UFC site) over Wikipedia.

When Guida was supposed to face Sean Sherk, that fight would have been on the maincard for sure. But, Sherk pulled out, and Guida vs. Gugerty is not good enough of a matchup to make the already stacked maincard.[/quote']

Woah, i swear i just checked wikipedia like a hour ago and he was listed between the anthony johnson fight and kongo vs buentello fight, but you would think clay guida carries enough star power to make the main card for a fight night, maybe guida vs gugerty is not a PPV main card event, but i would have no problem with it being after the johnson fight, and it seems that anthony johnson is not facing a top tier opponant either, john howard was dominated in his last fight untill he pulled a KO late in the third

Yeah the main card is already stacked. Quite frankly if you are 0-2 in your last two fights' date=' the only way to land yourself on a main card is to constantly have short and exciting fights or have a strong possibility for an exciting finish - ask Kongo. Guida's fight will probably be lay and pray since at this point he needs a win to keep himself from becoming Strikeforce's newest addition.

But seriously guys, don't fret this will be a new era for free cards. By that I mean these fights will actually get finished unlike most of the Fight Night main cards. I wouldn't be surprised to see Irvin vs Sakara or Schaub vs Gormley make the card simply because of how fast those bouts could go.

So here's to hoping the dos Santos and Johnson have some beautiful first round knockouts and we can see some prelim action! Let's just hope they don't use up too much filler time on the broadcast either way.[/quote']

There are actually a few prelim fights i want to see, i want to know how James Irvin's return will end up, the clay guida fight(as you can tell by this thread) i'm a fan of spencer fisher and i would also like to see how brandon schuab handles in his first non-TUF UFC apperance

Am skint currently...been on a three night binge. (From the UK). Girlfriend ain't round so am bored. thus am posting on here.

too bad bro, im from the UK too, where abouts you from? if i wear you i'd get a job :P i got pissed yesterday but today i'll be on the xbox haha

He was expected to face Sherk, another name. With that you could understand him being on the main card, but with Sherk pullin' out and so many other names on the card I could understand if they threw Guida on the preliminary portion against just somebody. And even though he lost his last two to tough competition... he was mollywhopped. Especially with Florian.

Yeah the main card is already stacked. Quite frankly if you are 0-2 in your last two fights' date=' the only way to land yourself on a main card is to constantly have short and exciting fights or have a strong possibility for an exciting finish - ask Kongo. Guida's fight will probably be lay and pray since at this point he needs a win to keep himself from becoming Strikeforce's newest addition.

So here's to hoping the dos Santos and Johnson have some beautiful first round knockouts and we can see some prelim action! Let's just hope they don't use up too much filler time on the broadcast either way.[/quote']

I highly doubt Guida will drop to the level of lay and pray, even if it is to save his career.

He was expected to face Sherk' date=' another name. With that you could understand him being on the main card, but with Sherk pullin' out and so many other names on the card I could understand if they threw Guida on the preliminary portion against just somebody. And even though he lost his last two to tough competition[b']... he was mollywhopped[/b]. Especially with Florian.

Maybe against Florian he was but the Sanchez fight was a split decision. This card is sick. Even a few of the undercard fights would be good enough to be on a UFC events main card.

Guida is awesome but fighters with more technical skills like Sanchez and Florian will always out class him. He's good in everything but not great and he's not really improoving. Technical strikers will get the better of him. He needs a decissive win to get back on the main card losing two good fights doesn't do it, even if they are good fights.

Archived