Defending A takedown

AbeWagner

To land a knee when the guys rush u to take u down if u try to land a knee and u miss (happen in 80 % of the time ) u fall on ur back with the westler controling u .

That why u rarely see a fighter do this.

How can you miss a knee shot to the head when the head is coming staight at you . Regardless even if you miss your oponents face you will surely catch his head.

How can you miss a knee shot to the head when the head is coming staight at you . Regardless even if you miss your oponents face you will surely catch his head.

Go train a Martial art u will understand .

U can watch Mir attemp to knee Brock when he coming for a take down , he miss and bang he finish on is back . For me u beter defend the take down first go in clinch work and try to knee cause if ur on ur back the guys just score a point and can control u .

I know is hard to understand for someone with no stand up game or ground game but that how defence work .

Its all about timing . As your oponent moves his head down to take you down. plant a knee in right in his face. If your timing is good you could catch him anytime.

Abe Wagner is a genius... and a BEAST! Dude please go write a book so I can read it and become a badass like yourself!

U can watch Mir attemp to knee Brock when he coming for a take down ' date=' he miss and bang he finish on is back . For me u beter defend the take down first go in clinch work and try to knee cause if ur on ur back the guys just score a point and can control u .

I know is hard to understand for someone with no stand up game or ground game but that how defence work .[/quote']

did u not watch tuf

U can watch Mir attemp to knee Brock when he coming for a take down ' date=' he miss and bang he finish on is back . For me u beter defend the take down first go in clinch work and try to knee cause if ur on ur back the guys just score a point and can control u .

I know is hard to understand for someone with no stand up game or ground game but that how defence work .[/quote']

holy eff dude, show some respect you TUF noob. A.S. has done it before in pride. no one shoots in on him anymore, but if they did he would use the knee. Thiago used it on Hughes and Kos i beleive, so shut your mouth *****.

Since when is mir a striker? of course he's gonna miss the knee dumb fuc.

it's a move that usually well trained Muay thai practitioners coudl use well. Mir barely mediocre in striking.

Its all about timing . As your oponent moves his head down to take you down. plant a knee in right in his face. If your timing is good you could catch him anytime.

aren't there a few guys, (like GSP) who tend to drop a knee down as they shoot in so that the knee will be illegal?? or are you trying to hit the knee before that happens?

If it is so easy to do, why do people so easily get the take downs?

Most take downs that are unsuccessful are stuffed or people go to the cage and wiggle out of them.

Not only that, people set up take downs, so while you are preparing to block the faked shot you thought coming they are starting their take down and not giving you enough time to throw a knee split second.

It can happen of course, but how often does it happen.

aren't there a few guys' date=' (like GSP) who tend to drop a knee down as they shoot in so that the knee will be illegal?? or are you trying to hit the knee before that happens?[/quote']

when you shoot, in the knee touches the ground for 1/2 a second. they don't leave the knee on the ground or there's no power in the takedown. GSP explodes forwards, he usually doesnt' drop his knee. the only guys i can think of seeing them drop the knee is Tito and hughes.

I am the real one sir

Im sorry if i have insult u i was thinking u a other troll who just come on the forum to say u know everyting about mma .

What u say is right when a opponnant come with is head down and try to take u down u can finish the fight with a knee but is a huge risk for a 3 round fight . U can lost a round with this kind of stuff , i just more defensive in my way to exchange .

Im sorry if i have insult u i was thinking u a other troll who just come on the forum to say u know everyting about mma .

What u say is right when a opponnant come with is head down and try to take u down u can finish the fight with a knee but is a huge risk for a 3 round fight . U can lost a round with this kind of stuff ' date=' i just more defensive in my way to exchange .[/quote']

I'm just wondering do you stage the GSP type posts or is it something to do with you being French Canadian or something?

I'm just wondering do you stage the GSP type posts or is it something to do with you being French Canadian or something?

I fallow GSP from is start i have seen 2 of is old school fight here in Quebec , i support MMA from a long time i come in small event here in quebec to support fighter who do everyting they can to give us a good fight .

I love Martial Art not fighting , i got some base cause i have done some Karate and boxing with few profesionnal fight .

Yes sir im French Canadian but i never think is was wrong to be one , i have seen many racist and i know some hater on this forum hate GSP just becuase he French Canadian .

So i kinda watch all GSP post cause im a fan of the guys who i think is a exemple of what a Martial Artist need to be . When im wrong or i go to far in this crazy forum im the first one to appologise like i just did .

I fallow GSP from is start i have seen 2 of is old school fight here in Quebec ' date=' i support MMA from a long time i come in small event here in quebec to support fighter who do everyting they can to give us a good fight .

I love Martial Art not fighting , i got some base cause i have done some Karate and boxing with few profesionnal fight .

Yes sir im French Canadian but i never think is was wrong to be one , i have seen many racist and i know some hater on this forum hate GSP just becuase he French Canadian .

So i kinda watch all GSP post cause im a fan of the guys who i think is a exemple of what a Martial Artist need to be . When im wrong or i go to far in this crazy forum im the first one to appologise like i just did .[/quote']

Alright cool. There is no Canada like French Canada...It's the best Canada in the land.

• 4 months later...
I fallow GSP from is start i have seen 2 of is old school fight here in Quebec ' date=' i support MMA from a long time i come in small event here in quebec to support fighter who do everyting they can to give us a good fight .

So i kinda watch all GSP post cause im a fan of the guys who i think is a exemple of what a Martial Artist need to be . When im wrong or i go to far in this crazy forum im the first one to appologise like i just did .[/quote']

your full of sh ittttttttttttttttttttt you never fought professionally in your life

Archived