Hardy dons singlet to prepare for GSP (vid)

MMAUnltd

That AC slater mention was funny' date=' but man, making funny video's and claiming to train to neutrilize his wrestling will only come back and bite him in the azz, cuz he wont think its funny when he gets put in the cross and has elbows pounding down on his head.[/quote']

Lighten up.

This reminds me of Sadollah v. Hendricks... when Amir's "training vlog" was an episode of UFC's Cribs. He didn't take things seriously' date=' and he got knocked out in a few seconds. Hardy needs to get his head on straight it he even thinks he's going to have a chance against the Great GSP.[/quote']

it's a JOKE OMG! how sad are you..... GET A SENSE OF HUMOUR

Good to see Hardy's taking training seriously......I'm now 99% sure GSP will smash this guy without even getting out of 2nd gear.

Of course he will be training seriously.

Taking a few minutes out of his day for a bit of light-hearted fun doesn't mean he isn't working his **** off like never before in his training camp.

Sense of humour fail with some people in this thread!!

Of course he will be training seriously.

Taking a few minutes out of his day for a bit of light-hearted fun doesn't mean he isn't working his **** off like never before in his training camp.

Sense of humour fail with some people in this thread!!

Agreed, I knew some people would be like this when they saw this video, it pisses me off.

Agreed' date=' I knew some people would be like this when they saw this video, it pisses me off.[/quote']

I think certain fighters are just disliked and people will find any excuse to slate them.

If they have a joke, then they're a clown who can't take anything seriously.

If they take things seriously then they're a ********.

If they don't trash talk or joke around then they're boring.

I think certain fighters are just disliked and people will find any excuse to slate them.

If they have a joke' date=' then they're a clown who can't take anything seriously.

If they take things seriously then they're a ********.

If they don't trash talk or joke around then they're boring.[/quote']

I agree completely. I saw a similar thing on one of Matt Serra's video blogs, someone saying something like "Oh, he's messing around with his coaches, he's clearly not taking training seriously and is going to get beat". People assume like two minutes of footage gives an accurate representation of their entire training camp, as though Hardy is spending his entire time running and jumping around in a singlet and Serra isn't training, just taking the piss out of his coaches.

I find people try and find excuses to hate on British fighters more than they do anybody else on here, but that might just be me.

I find people try and find excuses to hate on British fighters more than they do anybody else on here' date=' but that might just be me.[/quote']

Yeah I do think you're right, but it's only the minority really. I mean, obviously guys like Koscheck and Mir are always gonna get hate, but I think the British fighters do get a lot of hate too, when in reality they're not that bad.

I mean, Bisping's behaviour on TUF and before the Hendo fight was lame, so I can understand why he's unpopular with fans, although I do think he gets an unnecessary amount of ****. I can think of other fighters who have been far more disrespectful prior to a fight and haven't received the criticism that Bisping has.

I can also kind of understand the dislike for Dan Hardy, due to the situation with Marcus Davis. We all know it was part of his game plan to distract Marcus from the important issues, but you could argue that he overstepped the line. In fairness though, if you exclude Dan's behaviour before that fight then he's a really funny and likeable guy, and I think a lot of people refuse to acknowledge that because of the Davis thing.

The thing that does annoy me though is the hate that some people have for guys like Daley, Osipczak and Wilks. Sure, these guys have done a bit of trash talking before fights. But I really don't think that they've been any more disrespectful than a large proportion of other fighters.

Dennis Kang says "he's a sack of bones that I'm gonna pound on", and that's fine. Osipczak says "I'm gonna piddle on Riddle", and he's suddenly a figure of hate and disrespect. Mustapha Al-Turk loses to two top strikers in Cro Cop and Kongo and he's "the worst pound for pound fighter in the UFC". Jay Silva loses to Dollaway and Leben and he's "unlucky to get cut".

Like I said before, it's a minority. I have no hate for American fans because the majority of them are great. I do think that there are some people here though that are looking to negatively reinforce the views of British fighters. We all know that British MMA isn't at the standard of American MMA or Brazilian MMA, and it'll probably be a long long time before it will be, but there are always gonna be some people who want to remind everyone of that, and feel superior as a result.

like I said in the other thread. Would love to see him try mocking wrestling like that with Lesnar in the room. Lesnar would pick him up' date=' bend him backwards and F5 him through the concrete floor.[/quote']

I think you've misinterpreted the video as an attack on wrestling, when in reality it's just Dan Hardy messing around and trying to be an entertainer. I don't think anyone watched that video and thought "haha, wrestling is lame". I think it was more intended to show that the Rough House guys have a sense of humour.

Yeah I do think you're right' date=' but it's only the minority really. I mean, obviously guys like Koscheck and Mir are always gonna get hate, but I think the British fighters do get a lot of hate too, when in reality they're not that bad.

I mean, Bisping's behaviour on TUF and before the Hendo fight was lame, so I can understand why he's unpopular with fans, although I do think he gets an unnecessary amount of ****. I can think of other fighters who have been far more disrespectful prior to a fight and haven't received the criticism that Bisping has.

I can also kind of understand the dislike for Dan Hardy, due to the situation with Marcus Davis. We all know it was part of his game plan to distract Marcus from the important issues, but you could argue that he overstepped the line. In fairness though, if you exclude Dan's behaviour before that fight then he's a really funny and likeable guy, and I think a lot of people refuse to acknowledge that because of the Davis thing.

The thing that does annoy me though is the hate that some people have for guys like Daley, Osipczak and Wilks. Sure, these guys have done a bit of trash talking before fights. But I really don't think that they've been any more disrespectful than a large proportion of other fighters.

Dennis Kang says "he's a sack of bones that I'm gonna pound on", and that's fine. Osipczak says "I'm gonna piddle on Riddle", and he's suddenly a figure of hate and disrespect. Mustapha Al-Turk loses to two top strikers in Cro Cop and Kongo and he's "the worst pound for pound fighter in the UFC". Jay Silva loses to Dollaway and Leben and he's "unlucky to get cut".

Like I said before, it's a minority. I have no hate for American fans because the majority of them are great. I do think that there are some people here though that are looking to negatively reinforce the views of British fighters. We all know that British MMA isn't at the standard of American MMA or Brazilian MMA, and it'll probably be a long long time before it will be, but there are always gonna be some people who want to remind everyone of that, and feel superior as a result.

.[/quote']

I agree with everything. I think people seem to choose where the line between ****iness and confidence is when it comes to fighters. Bisping, Hardy and Daley all seem to be labelled **** because of what they say before fights, yet when someone like Wanderlei or Rampage say something before a fight, no-one bats an eyelid, saying it's just confidence. With Daley it's clearly all confidence, because he does exactly what he says he'll do, he doesn't show off, he just gets the job done.

I agree with what you said about Al Turk, I mean, that guy hasn't looked great in the octagon but he was an excellent fighter back in Cage Rage and now because he loses a few fights to top level competition he's the worst fighter in the promotion? That doesn't add up.

I think some of the humour used by people such as Hardy and Bisping sometimes doesn't translate too well to some fans, who just see a bit of light-hearted banter, like we saw with Bisping on TUF, as them genuinely being ****y and arrogant, when he's just having a bit of a laugh, with no malicious intent. Sure, he talked trash before the Hendo fight and then got knocked out, but it's not like that hasn't happened before to people who still seem to get more respect than Bisping.

I think to a minority they just see what they perceive to be a ****y British fighter and want nothing more than to see him lose to an American or one of the fighters they like. I just get the impression that it's patriotism that subtly morphs into xenophobia and fighters who are generally nice, respectful guys get hate thrown at them just because people generalise and assume all British fighters are ****y twats. I emphasise that this is a minority group, but I just get this impression some times. I find this strange, considering I don't know many British people who harbour the same kind of resentment for American fighters and genuinely like them.

Archived