BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes 3?

bandicoot

yeap' date=' BJ has allways had more skills than Hughes, but he lost the second fight couse of hes cardio. Now Penn would destroy him[/quote']

Not true.

Penn separated a rib at the end of the second round in that second fight.

That is why it appeared that he gassed.

He would kill Hughes in a third fight.

Not true.

I believe he has said before that he wants a rubber match with Hughes, but i'm sure you already know this, being an avid BJ Penn fan.

Imo, Hughes only chance is to TRY to contol him with wrestling and not get caught in a submission. He cant stand with BJ.

Why? Would you not rather see Bj fight Alves or AJ so its a real fight. Not fighting a over the hill Hughes. That a pointless fight. It would not put Bj in line for a WW title shot. Hughes is not even a top 10.

why? i said why in my post lol

would be a pointless fight. bj penn is in the best form he has ever been in and hughes is on the decline, as proven by defeats to gsp and alves, and in his victory over serra. three or four years ago hughes would have destroyed serra.

bj has beaten all before him at lightweight and i think there is only edgar and maynard who are legitimate contenders in that division now, and i dont think they will be able to hang with penn. the only way for bj to go is up a division and fight some top contenders at welterweight like fitch, alves or koscheck and hope he can show that he would give gsp a better run for his money

would be a pointless fight. bj penn is in the best form he has ever been in and hughes is on the decline' date=' as proven by defeats to gsp and alves, and in his victory over serra. three or four years ago hughes would have destroyed serra.

bj has beaten all before him at lightweight and i think there is only edgar and maynard who are legitimate contenders in that division now, and i dont think they will be able to hang with penn. the only way for bj to go is up a division and fight some top contenders at welterweight like fitch, alves or koscheck and hope he can show that he would give gsp a better run for his money[/quote']

I agree.

would be a pointless fight. bj penn is in the best form he has ever been in and hughes is on the decline' date=' as proven by defeats to gsp and alves, and in his victory over serra. three or four years ago hughes would have destroyed serra.

bj has beaten all before him at lightweight and i think there is only edgar and maynard who are legitimate contenders in that division now, and i dont think they will be able to hang with penn. the only way for bj to go is up a division and fight some top contenders at welterweight like fitch, alves or koscheck and hope he can show that he would give gsp a better run for his money[/quote']

I think that Tyson Griffin is the #1 contender cause if he doesnt take BJ down he has a chance standing up. I also think BJ is better since he last fought GSP but so is GSP.

Not true.

THANK YOU!!

No one knows, and or doesn't realize that this happened. Everyone is just to busy bashing the guys cardio to see that he only really gassed once, and that was the GSP II fight.

Hughes would be massacred if he fought Penn a third time. Alot of WW's would be massacred by BJ nowadays.

THANK YOU!!

No one knows' date=' and or doesn't realize that this happened. Everyone is just to busy bashing the guys cardio to see that he only really gassed once, and that was the GSP II fight.

Hughes would be massacred if he fought Penn a third time. Alot of WW's would be massacred by BJ nowadays.[/quote']

That's what I want to see. Penn will eventually take another shot at WW, but I want to see him face guys like Kos, Fitch and Alves. Very interesting matches.

That's what I want to see. Penn will eventually take another shot at WW' date=' but I want to see him face guys like Kos, Fitch and Alves. Very interesting matches.[/quote']

While it's always nice seeing BJ defend his title, no one at LW is gonna touch him.

He's eventually gonna get bored and move up, and when he does I can't wait. Everyone says that all you need is good wrestling and a size advantage and you can handle BJ at WW, but that's just not the case. He has just as good if not better standup than most of the WW contenders, and I don't care who you are, if you're not GSP, you're not getting BJ down. IF you do manage to get him down, good luck. He has better Jits than almost all of the WW's as well.

Come to think of it, he has better Jits than most people in the world.

While it's always nice seeing BJ defend his title' date=' no one at LW is gonna touch him.

He's eventually gonna get bored and move up, and when he does I can't wait. Everyone says that all you need is good wrestling and a size advantage and you can handle BJ at WW, but that's just not the case. He has just as good if not better standup than most of the WW contenders, and I don't care who you are, if you're not GSP, you're not getting BJ down. IF you do manage to get him down, good luck. He has better Jits than almost all of the WW's as well.

Come to think of it, he has better Jits than most people in the world.[/quote']

Bj is a great LW fighter, but the WW division is a huge jump! The LW division is weak. The weakest in the ufc. Besides Bj there is no one. The WW is heavily stacked! You can not compare Kenny Florian and Diego (failed WW's) to the competition at WW. BIG difference.

I realize Bj is a talented fighter. The thing is he has a very small frame and will 100% be at a size and strength disadvantage with those WW monsters. They will maul Bj, I don't care how talented he is.

Especially the NEW GSP! That is just scary! His head trainer Firas Zahabi says that he can't put GSP in with anyone his size because he is too big strong and does not break a sweat. GSP is now training with LHW's, Mousasi, Rashad... So basically BJ is Fuked when it comes to GSP. He will get destroyed by GSP (again)

Bj is a great LW fighter' date=' but the WW division is a huge jump! The LW division is weak. The weakest in the ufc. Besides Bj there is no one. The WW is heavily stacked! You can not compare Kenny Florian and Diego (failed WW's) to the competition at WW. BIG difference.

I realize Bj is a talented fighter. The thing is he has a very small frame and will 100% be at a size and strength disadvantage with those WW monsters. They will maul Bj, I don't care how talented he is.

Especially the NEW GSP! That is just scary! His head trainer Firas Zahabi says that he can't put GSP in with anyone his size because he is too big strong and does not break a sweat. GSP is now training with LHW's, Mousasi, Rashad... So basically BJ is Fuked when it comes to GSP. He will get destroyed by GSP.[/quote']

Notice I didn't mention GSP. I'm fairly certain GSP would win a third time, but he wouldn't be able to make it look as easy as he did last time. You can't count BJ out now that he's training like a madman. Who else battered GSP's face like that? 15lbs is not that big of a difference. The jump to WW isn't really that bad for a guy who fought at HW and MW without putting on the proper muscle mass. BJ already looks larger than he did last time these two met. If BJ puts the weight on correctly and maintains his training he will be a serious challenge to any WW.

To say BJ would be destroyed by anyone is ridiculous. There has only been one fight in his MMA history that he hasn't looked competitive in.

Notice I didn't mention GSP. I'm fairly certain GSP would win a third time' date=' but he wouldn't be able to make it look as easy as he did last time. You can't count BJ out now that he's training like a madman. Who else battered GSP's face like that? 15lbs is not that big of a difference. The jump to WW isn't really that bad for a guy who fought at HW and MW without putting on the proper muscle mass. BJ already looks larger than he did last time these two met. If BJ puts the weight on correctly and maintains his training he will be a serious challenge to any WW.

To say BJ would be destroyed by anyone is ridiculous. There has only been one fight in his MMA history that he hasn't looked competitive in.[/quote']

Have you seen the size of GSP now man...JACKED! Way bigger than the last fight with Bj.

And Yes, Bj got destroyed by GSP in the last fight. Bj was humiliated.

Notice I didn't mention GSP. I'm fairly certain GSP would win a third time' date=' but he wouldn't be able to make it look as easy as he did last time. You can't count BJ out now that he's training like a madman. Who else battered GSP's face like that? 15lbs is not that big of a difference. The jump to WW isn't really that bad for a guy who fought at HW and MW without putting on the proper muscle mass. BJ already looks larger than he did last time these two met. If BJ puts the weight on correctly and maintains his training he will be a serious challenge to any WW.

To say BJ would be destroyed by anyone is ridiculous. There has only been one fight in his MMA history that he hasn't looked competitive in.[/quote']

I really want to know where this new conditioning program can take Penn. He gassed his brains out in the 2nd GSP fight.

Now he's a calculating assassin that picks apart people standing and eagerly awaits for the correct time to finish. Awesome.

Have you seen the size of GSP now man...JACKED! Way bigger than the last fight with Bj.

And Yes' date=' Bj got destroyed by GSP in the last fight. Bj was humiliated.[/quote']

I still don't see the fight going the same. I know how good GSP is, I'm well aware, but BJ is a whole new animal now with a refocused dedication to the sport.

The third fight, if it were to happen would not go the same. Like I said, maybe the same result, but any MMA fan knows that you can never count BJ out. He has too much talent to say he would be destroyed by anyone. Who's to say that if BJ hadn't gassed he wouldn't have landed that same head kick on George that he did on Diego? You can't honestly count BJ out against anyone when he's focused and training properly.

I really want to know where this new conditioning program can take Penn. He gassed his brains out in the 2nd GSP fight.

Now he's a calculating assassin that picks apart people standing and eagerly awaits for the correct time to finish. Awesome.

Seeing as thats the only fight he did gas in, I'd call BJ to win against most people.

Nothing we can do but wait and see what happens after he mauls Edgar.

I think bj would take it hes certainly more diverse and his conditioning shouldnt come into question agaisnt hughes. Some say penn got lucky on thier first fight but i reckon it wouldnt go to decision if they faught again with penn taking it by submission or tko.

However i would sooner see hughes vs diego after hughes vs Gracie.

I'm a huge Matt Hughes and BJ fan, but considering BJ was the only man to stop Hughes from winning every fight from 2001 till his 1st loss to GSP just before 2007 I'd have to BJ would win b/c Hughes isn?t the same fight he once was. He seems to hesitates when he fights now & maybe b/c of age or his 50+ fights but he isn't the same terror he was years ago. If BJ beat Hughes in his prime, I?m sad saying it but I think he could get the W over Hughes now without too much trouble.

I think bj would take it hes certainly more diverse and his conditioning shouldnt come into question agaisnt hughes. Some say penn got lucky on thier first fight but i reckon it wouldnt go to decision if they faught again with penn taking it by submission or tko.

However i would sooner see hughes vs diego after hughes vs Gracie.

I doubt Hughes would take a fight with Diego. In the twilight of his career he's most likely only looking for big name fights. A fight with Diego wouldn't get him anywhere, and a loss to Diego would just show him as a stepping stone in his division.

Hughes needs to go out like the Hall of Famer he is and only take huge fights like Renzo.

I doubt Hughes would take a fight with Diego. In the twilight of his career he's most likely only looking for big name fights. A fight with Diego wouldn't get him anywhere' date=' and a loss to Diego would just show him as a stepping stone in his division.

Hughes needs to go out like the Hall of Famer he is and only take huge fights like Renzo.[/quote']

Your right. Hughes is already done. He is not fighting for a shot at the title now. if anything, just for his own legacy.

Archived