Recommendations for the UFC please read!

Rock_Hard_Scotty

Ok I was thinking hard about this and i think it would be really cool if the UFC would start testing their fighters punching power in both the right and left hands and their kicking power in both legs. I think that they should do these tests before an event each time a fighter fights, or if that is too often then at least every 6 months cause over time I am sure a fighter's strength will fluctuate. So when we are watching the tale of the tape i would LOVE to see a fighters punching power and kicking power listed along with everything else. I mean come on we all like to know how tall and how heavy a fighter is. But that isnt enough!!! I also want to know how hard a fighter can punch in both hands and how hard they can kick in both legs and i want it listed in the tale of the tape dammit!!!!

I think this is probably the best idea i have ever come up with. Come on this would give the UFC an edge over strikeforce and DREAM for sure. Matter of fact i bet that if the UFC started doing this then all the other MMA promotions would follow suit and start doing the same thing. I bet that testing fighters punching and kicking power would become the norm just like measuring wingspan and taking weight. PLEASE UFC!!! PLEASE START TESTING YOUR FIGHTERS PUNCHING AND KICKING POWER AND LIST THE RESULTS IN THE TALE OF THE TAPE!!! PLEASE!!!!! I think this would be totally awesome if the UFC started doing this. If they did this then we could know which fighter hits the hardest for their respective weight class. Come on UFC do this!!!

Is it too expensive to test a fighters punching and kicking power? Cause i saw the show that Chuck Liddell was on when they tested his punching power (which turned out to be 1.5 times harder than the average olympic boxer's punch) and all they had was a laptop and some gadget they put on his fist and on the punching bag, that was it, no fancy equipment, just basically a laptop. So i am assuming that it is quite inexpensive for the UFC to test their fighters punching and kicking power, and I would like the UFC to do it annually cause we all know a fighters strength fluctuates over time. WHOSE WITH ME!!! WHO HERE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW HARD THE UFC FIGHTERS CAN KICK AND PUNCH? I SURE AS HELL KNOW I DO!!!!

Sure, that'd be cool, but it's far from necessary. Just because we know a guy can hit hard doesn't show how well he'd do in an MMA match. I'm personally happier just watching and waiting to see guys get rocked, etc... rather than expecting it.

The other problem I could see this creating is that people who score higher will now only be looking for KOs and get takendown and subbed out. People with lower scores will get discouraged and possibly quit MMA or at least at such a high level because they don't feel they can be competetive.

Therefore my vote would be no, leave it the way it is. The strength of someone's punch does not equal the quality of the fighter.

This stat would mean relatively nothing first of all there are a lot of fighters that do not depend upon their striking. Also all the punching power in the world means nothing if the person has little accuracy, poor footwork or simply cannot seem to land a punch through their opponents defenses(head movement, etc).

Another large aspect to look at is that most of the fighters would bag this test, meaning they would not put their full effort into it as this is just another piece of information to give to their opponent.

It's not a bad idea. . but not really a good one either.

A lot of people can throw a single hard punch. But how many can do it with precision and technique? I don't really see how this could better the sport or UFC in any way. It's only really measuring one small part of MMA.

I had originally clicked on this thread to make fun of the op but it's actually a good idea. I would enjoy seeing stats like that before a fight. I also wouldn't mind seeing something like a skills competion where these stats could be compiled. It could go even further that just kicking/punching power...they could test other things like the psi of submissions or the force generated by a slam...actually there are a lot of cool tests that could be designed like on the Spike series The Deadliest Warrior (a guilty pleasure)...I seiously like this idea.

Ok I was thinking hard about this and i think it would be really cool if the UFC would start testing their fighters punching power in both the right and left hands and their kicking power in both legs. I think that they should do these tests before an event each time a fighter fights' date=' or if that is too often then at least every 6 months cause over time I am sure a fighter's strength will fluctuate. So when we are watching the tale of the tape i would LOVE to see a fighters punching power and kicking power listed along with everything else. I mean come on we all like to know how tall and how heavy a fighter is. But that isnt enough!!! I also want to know how hard a fighter can punch in both hands and how hard they can kick in both legs and i want it listed in the tale of the tape dammit!!!!

I think this is probably the best idea i have ever come up with. Come on this would give the UFC an edge over strikeforce and DREAM for sure. Matter of fact i bet that if the UFC started doing this then all the other MMA promotions would follow suit and start doing the same thing. I bet that testing fighters punching and kicking power would become the norm just like measuring wingspan and taking weight. PLEASE UFC!!! PLEASE START TESTING YOUR FIGHTERS PUNCHING AND KICKING POWER AND LIST THE RESULTS IN THE TALE OF THE TAPE!!! PLEASE!!!!! I think this would be totally awesome if the UFC started doing this. If they did this then we could know which fighter hits the hardest for their respective weight class. Come on UFC do this!!!

Is it too expensive to test a fighters punching and kicking power? Cause i saw the show that Chuck Liddell was on when they tested his punching power (which turned out to be 1.5 times harder than the average olympic boxer's punch) and all they had was a laptop and some gadget they put on his fist and on the punching bag, that was it, no fancy equipment, just basically a laptop. So i am assuming that it is quite inexpensive for the UFC to test their fighters punching and kicking power, and I would like the UFC to do it annually cause we all know a fighters strength fluctuates over time. WHOSE WITH ME!!! WHO HERE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW HARD THE UFC FIGHTERS CAN KICK AND PUNCH? I SURE AS HELL KNOW I DO!!!![/quote']

chill bro ....

Archived