Rashad 'glass jaw' evans?

jamieMGS

I dont understand why people say he has a glass jaw? Im not a fan of his but I can clearly see he has a good chin. It took machida about 15 punches in a row to drop Evans when he was stunned. And Thiago's clean right hook looked good enough to knock someone clean out, but rashad hung in there and survived.

Like I said im not a rashad fan so dont say im nuthugging, but rashad isnt someone who I would say has a weak chin.

Care to explain?

I agree Machida was hitting him clean and he was still defending himself...that impressed me. Evans is a beast and I think if he utilizes a sound game plan for Rampage he can win that fight and get another title shot. Though if Rampage lands like Thiago did, it's good night Mr. Evans. Rampage has TNT in his fists! Can't wait for that fight, I just hope Evans wins...by the way I am a Rashad Evans fan.

He doesn't have a glass jaw. The shot he took from Thiago was a hard one that would've dropped a lot of fighters. But at the same time' date=' he doesn't have "a head full of concrete and stuff" :P. He just has a normal chin.[/quote']

i agree. he may not have the best chin around, but he deff doesn't have a "glass jaw"

thiago tagged him pretty good but i dont think that punch would have knocked out other ppl in the lhw division it wasnt a huge blow i still question rashads chin a little bit.. but it was still obv a good performance by rashad but ppl forget rampage jackson has great takedown defense and he can slam ppl too...kevin randleman tried to take down rampage several times in ther fight and couldnt and when rampage tried to take randleman down he did it easily..it just seems like ppl forget rampage can do the same takedowns as rashad...im really excited for this match up to happen cant wait!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GiJXmZijz0

yea he is a great fighter rashad' date=' and hopefully gets back his title, i always wondered why he didnt utilize his wrestling with machida, i think he can beat machida[/quote']

My money was on Evans that night. I thought if he took Machida down and used his top game, he could have won the fight too. If they ever meet again it will be a much closer fight.

Because Rashad is quick he didn't really get caught in his earlier fights.Who has he fought before his last two fights that has really tested his chin. As soon as he gets tagged cleanly by someone that can nullify his speed he does the chicken dance. Punch resistance varies, but for a LHW his particularly low. Compare his chin to someone like Dan Henderson's and compare their fights.

Ya' date=' I agree. Evans has only been knocked out once and now suddenly he has a glass jaw according to some people. Its stupid. I think he has a good chin and hes very tough.[/quote']

See now I agree with this, he has one bad fight and suddenly thats his overwwhelming weakness, .. now on the other hand, you could say that about chuck liddell lol , that guy sheesh, you even look at his chin with a hard stare and his knee's buckle lol .

Because Rashad is quick he didn't really get caught in his earlier fights.Who has he fought before his last two fights that has really tested his chin. As soon as he gets tagged cleanly by someone that can nullify his speed he does the chicken dance. Punch resistance varies' date=' but for a LHW his particularly low. Compare his chin to someone like Dan Henderson's and compare their fights.[/quote']

As I've stated before, go watch him fight Brad Imes.

You n00bs think that Rashad has only had three fights in his life, or that Machida and Thiago were the first people to ever hit him. GTFO with that crap.

Liddell hit him square. Forrest hit him. The man has a solid chin.

As I've stated before' date=' go watch him fight Brad Imes.

You n00bs think that Rashad has only had three fights in his life, or that Machida and Thiago were the first people to ever hit him. GTFO with that crap.

Liddell hit him square. Forrest hit him. The man has a solid chin.[/quote']

i dont think he has a solid chin at all, forrest has no power and liddell hardly tagged him with a clean shot.

and the thiago punch wasnt a huge punch, it was a regular right hook, machida dropped him twice with straight left through the middle.

and to be honest evans hadnt really fought an elite striker before, sure he fought some big guys but just because you are big doesnt mean you hit hard.

i dunno if hes got a glass jaw but his jaw is very very suspect at the moment, and rampage will test it out for sure

i dont think he has a solid chin at all' date=' forrest has no power and liddell hardly tagged him with a clean shot.

and the thiago punch wasnt a huge punch, it was a regular right hook, machida dropped him twice with straight left through the middle.

and to be honest evans hadnt really fought an elite striker before, sure he fought some big guys but just because you are big doesnt mean you hit hard.

i dunno if hes got a glass jaw but his jaw is very very suspect at the moment, and rampage will test it out for sure[/quote']

Chucky caught him clean, man. Don't fool yourself.

Rashad quickly realised he could take a solid one from him, and that's when he opened up.

And if you don't think the punch from Thiago was a hard punch, then I want some of whatever you're smoking.

Chucky caught him clean' date=' man. Don't fool yourself.

Rashad quickly realised he could take a solid one from him, and that's when he opened up.

And if you don't think the punch from Thiago was a hard punch, then I want some of whatever you're smoking.[/quote']

it was a standard right hook if rashad is getting the wobbles from that then he does have a glass jaw.

his jaw is suspect at the moment, machida messed up his CNS

it was a standard right hook if rashad is getting the wobbles from that then he does have a glass jaw.

his jaw is suspect at the moment' date=' machida messed up his CNS[/quote']

LOL!!

Dude, Thiago wound up on that punch from across the freaken cage! Not only that, but he caught him with a left hook before that.

Maybe my memory is bad (too much pot?), but that's what I seem to remember happening. We need a gif of this!

As I've stated before' date=' go watch him fight Brad Imes.

Liddell hit him square. Forrest hit him. The man has a solid chin.[/quote']

Ok, so are you saying that if he gets caught cleanly on the jaw again he wont do the chicken dance? I dont think you believe that, some fighters get hurt after a clean shot yes, but with Rashad hes legs have started to once go hence glass jaw

You keep saying Brad Imes, you comparing him to Machida LOL, and forrest himself says he doesnt have knockout power.You better get used to Rashad doing that chicken dance more often. Because your when punch resistance goes you wont get it back.

thiago tagged him pretty good but i dont think that punch would have knocked out other ppl in the lhw division it wasnt a huge blow i still question rashads chin a little bit.. but it was still obv a good performance by rashad but ppl forget rampage jackson has great takedown defense and he can slam ppl too...kevin randleman tried to take down rampage several times in ther fight and couldnt and when rampage tried to take randleman down he did it easily..it just seems like ppl forget rampage can do the same takedowns as rashad...im really excited for this match up to happen cant wait!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GiJXmZijz0

Anyone that counts Rampage out of any fight in the LHW division is retarded in my opinion. I wish he'd start taking people down and using his wrestling more in the UFC though it will really change how people have to fight Rampage. Except in the Hendo fight he just tries to stand and that's about it it seems. His wrestling really is quite excellent imho

Archived