BJ vs GSP III

ShangTsung

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who do you guys think would win now that BJ's cardio seems much improved? also id like to see a rematch at 155 i know gsp was talking about going up to MW but i think the rematch would be a little more even perhaps at 155

GSP is now walking around at 200 pounds ripped! No body fat! He could never make 155. The fact is, GSP is moving up to MW this year. Would not be surprised to see him jump up after he smashes Hardy. There is no one to test him at 170.

who do you guys think would win now that BJ's cardio seems much improved? also id like to see a rematch at 155 i know gsp was talking about going up to MW but i think the rematch would be a little more even perhaps at 155

GSP would not be able to drop to 155 so thats never gonna happen,BJ's new cardio so it has been called is only usefull if you are dictating the pace of the fight that just wouldnt happen with GSP.

DIFFERENT DAY SAME RESULT...........GSP WINS!

Cutting weight is alot different than adding it. GSP couldn't handle the weight cut, of that I'm certain.

Not to mention BJ would have to work his way towards another shot at GSP before the fight would even be considered. I garauntee it wouldn't go the same as it did last time. Maybe the result would be the same, but I don't see it being so one sided.

Yup' date=' He is moving to MW.[/quote']

yeh like i said originally hes looking to move to MW but id like to see this fight happen again alot of u are saying he wouldnt be able to make the extra 15lbs weight cut so ah well guess the rematch would be at WW which imo would just be a repeat of the first 2 fights = boring id like to see something a little different for their 3rd

yeh like i said originally hes looking to move to MW but id like to see this fight happen again alot of u are saying he wouldnt be able to make the extra 15lbs weight cut so ah well guess the rematech would be at WW which imo would just be a repeat of the first 2 fights = boring id like to see something a little different for their 3rd

No two fights are the same.

GSP BJ I was nothing like GSP BJ II.

GSP BJ III, if it were to happen would not be the same as the others.

No two fights are the same.

GSP BJ I was nothing like GSP BJ II.

GSP BJ III, if it were to happen would not be the same as the others.[/quote

seeing a bigger gsp wrestle the much smaller bj penn doesnt make an exciting fight is all im saying i know anything can happen in fights but i dont see GSP standing with BJ ,if the fight was at WW he can easily keep BJ on the ground ah well thanks for the replies :D

the guy is only 5'10 ripped or not he should be able to lose the extra 15lbs from 170 to 155 ... i think BJ is the better fighter if he has move up a weight class everytime they fight hes more comfortable at 155

No way would that happen. Its not just about height. Fedor is smaller than Nate Diaz. Does that mean Fedor can make 155. GSP has a big build and lots of muscle. He couldnt make 155.

the guy is only 5'10 ripped or not he should be able to lose the extra 15lbs from 170 to 155 ... i think BJ is the better fighter if he has move up a weight class everytime they fight hes more comfortable at 155

Dropping an extra 15 pounds of water weight, after already dropping 35-30 pounds could be brutal and dangerous. There is no physical way he could safely make that cut.

No way would that happen. Its not just about height. Fedor is smaller than Nate Diaz. Does that mean Fedor can make 155. GSP has a big build and lots of muscle. He couldnt make 155.

first off i dont need any more replies saying this would never happen GSP apparantley cant cut an extra 15lbs from his fighting weight at 170 to 155 ok i get this but your example is just insane a tall lanky nate diaz vs a short bulldog heavyweight like fedor what a biast example to give haha

Seeing a bigger gsp wrestle the much smaller bj penn doesnt make an exciting fight is all im saying i know anything can happen in fights but i dont see GSP standing with BJ ' date='if the fight was at WW he can easily keep BJ on the ground ah well thanks for the replies :D[/quote']

No one "easily" keeps BJ on the ground. His previous fights prove that. Even GSP early in the fight had to really work for his takedown. If BJ hadn't gassed he might have been able to keep it on the feet, you never know.

All I'm saying is no two fights go the same, and GSP would have a tougher time with BJ now than he did in his last fight.

No one "easily" keeps BJ on the ground. His previous fights prove that. Even GSP early in the fight had to really work for his takedown. If BJ hadn't gassed he might have been able to keep it on the feet' date=' you never know.

All I'm saying is no two fights go the same, and GSP would have a tougher time with BJ now than he did in his last fight.[/quote']

i agree he would have a much tougher time but gsp did "easily" keep him on the ground and easily passed his guard in like 3 seconds because of the size advantage that was the whole point of this thread that it would be a more even fight at 155 (even though like alot of u are saying GSP wouldnt be able to cut the weight)

i agree he would have a much tougher time but gsp did "easily" keep him on the ground and easily passed his guard in like 3 seconds because of the size advantage that was the whole point of this thread that it would be a more even fight at 155 (even though like alot of u are saying GSP wouldnt be able to cut the weight)

And it's true, he wouldn't be able to. Not without losing alot of his strength and explosiveness. Anderson dropped down to WW and lost. GSP would most likely suffer the same fate. Weight cutting hits you're cardio and really saps your energy. GSP is just too big of a frame to do the cut healthily.

And ten bucks says that if you were to ask George himself, he wouldn't even say it was easy. BJ Penn is not an easy challenge for anyone. By saying that, not only are you downplaying BJ's natural abilities, you are also downplaying GSP's efforts. Lets not forget how much of a struggle it was for him to take BJ down in the first round, Alves, Kos and Fitch were all taken down easier than BJ. Like I said, I'm not calling BJ to win or anything, I'm just saying it would be a better fight than the last one. Much more competitive.

And for the record, it's pretty easy to keep a BJJ practitioner on his back, seeing as he's most likely pretty comfortable there.

well thanks for the replies armbarvictim im not trying to downplay either fighters skill i think BJ and GSP are both awesome fighters and very skilled i guess what im getting it as its diffuclt going in as a small WW going up against a much Larger WW //possibly MW guy who is so good at wrestling with the added advantage of the size... things are a little too stacked against BJ at WW vs GSP

as for keeping a bjj practioner on his back thats all fine and well but bj penn didnt look to "comfortable" on the ground to me in the fight :) i even remember joe rogan making comments about how "easy" gsp made it look

GSP is now walking around at 200 pounds ripped! No body fat! He could never make 155. The fact is' date=' GSP is moving up to MW this year. Would not be surprised to see him jump up after he smashes Hardy. There is no one to test him at 170.[/quote']

no. gsp has a gut at 200.

well thanks for the replies armbarvictim im not trying to downplay either fighters skill i think BJ and GSP are both awesome fighters and very skilled i guess what im getting it as its diffuclt going in as a small WW going up against a much Larger WW //possibly MW guy who is so good at wrestling with the added advantage of the size... things are a little too stacked against BJ at WW vs GSP

No problem man, that's what this place is for, to discuss fights and fighters.

I agree that the chips are definitely stacked against BJ, but I would never count him out.

Cheers man.

first off i dont need any more replies saying this would never happen GSP apparantley cant cut an extra 15lbs from his fighting weight at 170 to 155 ok i get this but your example is just insane a tall lanky nate diaz vs a short bulldog heavyweight like fedor what a biast example to give haha

Ya, exactly. Thats what im saying you stupid ****. You said that GSP is only 5"11 so he should be able to make 155. But GSP isnt lanky like Diaz. He has a big build. Not as big as Fedors but that was just an example that it doesnt all depend on height if you can make a weight or not. And I dont give a **** that you dont want any more replies saying that GSP cant make 155. You started a thread so obviously you are going to get replies about what you said. If you didnt want that then you shouldnt of started the thread.

[/b]

Ya' date=' exactly. Thats what im saying you stupid ****. You said that GSP is only 5"11 so he should be able to make 155. But GSP isnt lanky like Diaz. He has a big build. Not as big as Fedors but that was just an example that it doesnt all depend on height if you can make a weight or not. And I dont give a **** that you dont want any more replies saying that GSP cant make 155. You started a thread so obviously you are going to get replies about what you said. If you didnt want that then you shouldnt of started the thread.[/quote']

Buddy, you can easily make your point without being unsulting.:)

k22ufc calm down man i can sense your nerd rage from here if you seriously think you can compare my comment on GSP who fights at 170 cutting 15lbs to a heavyweight 200+ cutting down to 155 you are INSANE i think you like trying to act like you know it all but your comment was just retarded

who do you guys think would win now that BJ's cardio seems much improved?

LOL at anyone who thinks BJ lost number II due to his cardio. He was losing from the first minute up until the moment he quit....he lost because he had the absolute shxt beat out of him...cardio had f-all to do with it.

Penn would have to beat a few top welterweights to earn another shot at GSP and he would get worked by most of them. He can stay at lightweight where he belongs.

LOL at anyone who thinks BJ lost number II due to his cardio. He was losing from the first minute up until the moment he quit....he lost because he had the absolute shxt beat out of him...cardio had f-all to do with it.

LOL to anyone who thinks cardio had nothing to do with it. ok these replies are getting more and more annoying armbar is about the only valid reply ive had cba with this thread anymore so thanks for the VALID replies. :)

LOL at anyone ignorant enough to say cardio has nothing to do with the outcome of a fight.

k22ufc calm down man i can sense your nerd rage from here if you seriously think you can compare my comment on GSP who fights at 170 cutting 15lbs to a heavyweight 200+ cutting down to 155 you are INSANE i think you like trying to act like you know it all but your comment was just retarded

Your saying my comment was retarded when your the one that said that GSP should drop to LW. And also, GSP doesnt have to cut 15lbs to make LW. He walks around at about 200lbs so I guess that makes you the retard.

I sense your nerd range from here lol. You win the award for the stupidest insult on the internet. You sound like a five year-old. Why dont you leave these forums to the more intelligent people and go **** yourself.

LOL at anyone ignorant enough to say cardio has nothing to do with the outcome of a fight.

BJ did absolutely f-all in round one so unless his cardio was so bad that the walk to the octagon tuckered his fat **** out than I stand by my comment.

Beating on TUF alumni lightweights (most of whom are failed welterweights who dropped down in a desperate attempt to save their careers) isn't enough to earn another title shot at welterweight. Throw BJ in there with Thiago Alves and when he beats the everlovin shxt out of Penn then come back and tell me how much of contender Penn is at WW.

Your saying my comment was retarded when your the one that said that GSP should drop to LW. And also' date=' GSP doesnt have to cut 15lbs to make LW. He walks around at about 200lbs so I guess that makes you the retard.

I sense your nerd range from here lol. You win the award for the stupidest insult on the internet. You sound like a five year-old. Why dont you leave these forums to the more intelligent people and go **** yourself.[/quote']

i sound like a kid? please make one post without swearing?? its obvious who is the kid here, like i said before comparing a HW dropping down to LW when GSP has to cut an extra 15lbs from his FIGHTING WEIGHT is retarded. enough said i cant waste any more of my life talking to a cretin like you. (because you probably dont know what it means k22 CRETIN=: brainless, stupid, child-like, and full of pointless information that makes no sense and appeals only to other cretins) couldnt of thought of a better word to describe you.

LOL to anyone who thinks cardio had nothing to do with it. ok these replies are getting more and more annoying armbar is about the only valid reply ive had cba with this thread anymore so thanks for the VALID replies. :)

You say that just because hes the only one agreeing with you. Theres a reason knowone else agrees with you. Its because your a ****in retard.

i sound like a kid? please make one post without swearing?? its obvious who is the kid here' date=' like i said before comparing a HW dropping down to LW when GSP has to cut an extra 15lbs from his FIGHTING WEIGHT is retarded. enough said i cant waste any more of my life talking to a cretin like you.[/quote']

Who cares if I said ****. Why dont you go cry about it. Cutting an extra 15 pounds isnt as easy as it sounds. He already cuts alot as it is to make 170. Cutting an extra 15 pounds could be very bad for his health.

I don't see anyone saying cardio has nothing to do with the outcome of a fight...I see intelligent people' date=' who recognize that BJ was outclassed and beaten from [u']start[/u] to finish, pointing out that his cardio had nothing to do with outcome of this fight. He was never able to mount any sort of offense even in the early rounds, he never hurt GSP, never had him danger, basically was unable to anything... tell me how his lack of cardio caused that?

BJ did absolutely f-all in round one so unless his cardio was so bad that the walk to the octagon tuckered his fat **** out than I stand by my comment.

Beating on TUF alumni lightweights (most of whom are failed welterweights who dropped down in a desperate attempt to save their careers) isn't enough to earn another title shot at welterweight. Throw BJ in there with Thiago Alves and when he beats the everlovin shxt out of Penn then come back and tell me how much of contender Penn is at WW.

I never said he deserved a title shot with GSP. Check my posts bud. All I said was he would be a challenge to anyone at any weight. BJ is a very skilled fighter' date=' granted you don't like him, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I personally think he would do well against Alves. Penn easliy takes the striking and BJJ debate on that one. The only thing Thiago would have on him is size.

You say that just because hes the only one agreeing with you. Theres a reason knowone else agrees with you. Its because your a ****in retard.

Actually I only agreed with him on the talents of both fighters. I disagreed with him on GSP cutting weight. I have my own opinions and would rather not be dragged into your guys' argument. Keep it to yourselves.

Who cares if I said ****. Why dont you go cry about it. Cutting an extra 15 pounds isnt as easy as it sounds. He already cuts alot as it is to make 170. Cutting an extra 15 pounds could be very bad for his health.

your calling me a kid when your swearing like a 12year your swearing on a thread doesnt make you hard m8 -peace out man i have no interest at all in talking to you, some red neck cretin by the sounds of it im baffled you know how to use a keyboard.

I don't see anyone saying cardio has nothing to do with the outcome of a fight...I see intelligent people' date=' who recognize that BJ was outclassed and beaten from [u']start[/u] to finish, pointing out that his cardio had nothing to do with outcome of this fight. He was never able to mount any sort of offense even in the early rounds, he never hurt GSP, never had him danger, basically was unable to do anything... tell me how his lack of cardio caused that?

GSP fought a smart fight and gassed BJ using his superior wrestling and strength. I know what happened I watched it too.

A third fight would not go the same. Any MMA fan knows that no two fights are exactly alike. The first two fights differed greatly and so would a third one.

You make it sound like I'm calling BJ to win, which isn't the case. I am simply stating that IMO BJ would put up a better fight than he did in the last fight where he didn't put the weight on properly.

GSP fought a smart fight and gassed BJ using his superior wrestling and strength. I know what happened I watched it too.

A third fight would not go the same. Any MMA fan knows that no two fights are exactly alike. The first two fights differed greatly and so would a third one.

You make it sound like I'm calling BJ to win' date=' which isn't the case. I am simply stating that IMO BJ would put up a better fight than he did in the last fight where he didn't put the weight on properly.[/quote']

Well I think there comes a time when when people just have to admit that one fighter is better. What should the UFC do, just keep giving Penn undeserved WW title shots at because eventually he might catch GSP on an off day and squeak out a win? BJ lost twice and as much as I would enjoy watching him humiliate Penn again I would rather see GSP fight new opponents who might actually challenge him.

your calling me a kid when your swearing like a 12year thinking your swearing on a thread doesnt make you hard m8 -peace out man i have no interest at all in talking to you' date=' some red neck cretin by the sounds of it[/quote']

I thought you said you werent going to reply again. Its funny how you are trying to act too busy and important for these threads but you keep replying. Do us all a favour and stop replying because you dont know what your talking about. Even armbarvictim said that he didnt agree with you. Learn some grammar. I can barely understand your posts. (thinking your swearing on a thread doesnt make you hard) That makes no sense.

Well I think there comes a time when when people just have to admit that one fighter is better. What should the UFC do' date=' just keep giving Penn undeserved WW title shots at because eventually he might catch GSP on an off day and squeak out a win? BJ lost twice and as much as I would enjoy watching him humiliate Penn again I would rather see GSP fight new opponents who might actually challenge him.[/quote']

Again I'll say, no one is telling you he deserves a shot at GSP YET.

Dana has already stated that he would have to take out some contenders first.

If he does that, then you seriously can't complain about him getting GSP.

I thought you said you werent going to reply again. Its funny how you are trying to act too busy and important for these threads but you keep replying. Do us all a favour and stop replying because you dony know what your talking about. Even armbarvictim said that he didnt agree with you. Learn some grammar. I can barely understand tour posts. thinking your swearing on a thread doesnt make you hard. That makes no sense.

What am I a forum celebrity all of the sudden?

Please don't bring me into your argument, by the looks of things it's gonna get outta hand and I want nothing to do with it.

Thank you.

Again I'll say' date=' no one is telling you he deserves a shot at GSP YET.

Dana has already stated that he would have to take out some contenders first.

If he does that, then you seriously can't complain about him getting GSP.[/quote']

I agree, let him try to beat Thiago Alves, Kos and AJ...then maybe let him get his **** kicked by GSP again. Thats if GSP is already not the MW champ.

I thought you said you werent going to reply again. Its funny how you are trying to act too busy and important for these threads but you keep replying. Do us all a favour and stop replying because you dony know what your talking about. Even armbarvictim said that he didnt agree with you. Learn some grammar. I can barely understand your posts. (thinking your swearing on a thread doesnt make you hard) That makes no sense.

Well it makes sense where im from but at the end of the day when its all said and done you couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. so how you manage to talk about MMA is beyond me, as for acting too important or whatever the hell it was your trying to say im just stating that i come to these forums to talk about the sport i love and the UFC fighters, fights , etc not to hear you talk BS ........let me re-phrase it for you "try and act like a tough guy by swearing in your posts" which is just pathetic tbh

Well it makes sense where im from but at the end of the day when its all said and done you couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. so how you manage to talk about MMA is beyond me' date=' as for acting too important or whatever the hell it was your trying to say im just stating that i come to these forums to talk about the sport i love and the UFC fighters, fights , etc not to hear you talk BS ........let me re-phrase it for you "try and act like a tough guy by swearing in your posts" which is just pathetic tbh[/quote']

LOL, its replied again. You said a couple of posts back that you werent going to waste anymore of your life replying to me but you have. Its funny that your calling me stupid even though your posts are hard to even understand and you have no grammar or common sense. You couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel lol. You dont even know me so how the **** would you know and even your re-phrase is in the wrong context but I expected that from you but atleast I can understand it this time. Saying the word **** doesnt mean im trying to be hard. You called one of my posts retarded so I guess according too you that means that your trying to act tough on the internet.

no me calling you a retard makes you a retard saying things like F**ck you , go F**ck yourself , who gives a F**uck every 2 minutes makes me think u either have a very limited vocabulary, have tourettes or you are trying to "act like a tough guy"(happy now?)dont mess with k22 guys he swears in his posts WOW

and your right i dont know why im replying to a cretin like you.

no me calling you a retard makes you a retard saying things like F**ck you ' date=' go F**ck yourself , who gives a F**uck every 2 minutes makes me think u either have a very limited vocabulary, have tourettes or you are trying to "act like a touch guy" dont mess with k22 guys he swears in his posts WOW

and your right i dont know why im replying to a cretin like you.[/quote']

Calm down man. I'm gonna warn you before a mod does, you might wanna edit your post.

Avoiding the swear filter is gonna get you banned.

And to K22, swearing no matter what it is, or what context will also bring down the ban hammer.

My friendly warning to both of you.

Archived