Georges St. Pierre Vs. Dan Hardy

Mancunianbulldog

If you guys really think Hardy is going to win humor yourself and put $10 on him. His +500 odds will seriously cover your entire PPV.

If Alves and Penn can't knockout GSP no way Hardy will be able to. Being as GSP took both the aforementioned fighters down and took it to them on the feet means the only difference in this fight is it will end quicker....annnnnnd STILL the undisputed welterweight champion of the world!

i wonder if GSP will get a guy to kiss Hardy during his entrance like he did with BJ.. throw Hardy off the game plan early.. Hardy via KO (LET'S GO ENGLAND, LET'S GO!) but quite honestly, GSP via complete god like dominance, embarrassing Hardy.. I have a feeling this will be a GSP win like BJ over Diego was.. complete control!

Hardy is already behind in the mental game.

The initial interviews after the fight was announced show it all. Hardy said "he thought he would have more fights before facing the champ" and that "the extra month is great for him because he can get some extra work in. He doesn't sound like a guy confident he will be ready to take the belt. Not to me at least.

I think he will have his will broken quickly.

let me guess, all the brits are pulling for Dan Hardy, just based on the fact that he is Bristish, not on his skills. Dan won a split decision against Mike Swick. He didn't dominate him, he didn't ground and pound till he tapped, how the hell is going to that to GSP??? Paul Daley looks like a better Brit and fighter to me and he's not even a contender yet. Dan Hardy is already talking alot of smack about GSP. GSP is going to make him swallow his teeth along with his vampire mouthpiece.

let me guess' date=' all the brits are pulling for Dan Hardy, just based on the fact that he is Bristish, not on his skills. Dan won a split decision against Mike Swick. He didn't dominate him, he didn't ground and pound till he tapped, how the hell is going to that to GSP??? Paul Daley looks like a better Brit and fighter to me and he's not even a contender yet. Dan Hardy is already talking alot of smack about GSP. GSP is going to make him swallow his teeth along with his vampire mouthpiece.[/quote']

I support him partly because he's British (why wouldn't I? He'd be the first ever British champion, eveyone's patriotic), and because he is a good fighter with solid standup skills. He won a unanimous decision not a split decision against Swick in a fight where he rocked Swick several times, showed his good chin and dominated the pace of the fight. I agree he probably won't beat GSP, but don't discredit his achievements. Swick is a tough guy and was a top contender, Hardy did well to beat him like he did.

I support him partly because he's British (why wouldn't I? He'd be the first ever British champion' date=' eveyone's patriotic), and because he is a good fighter with solid standup skills. He won a unanimous decision not a split decision against Swick in a fight where he rocked Swick several times, showed his good chin and dominated the pace of the fight. I agree he probably won't beat GSP, but don't discredit his achievements. Swick is a tough guy and was a top contender, Hardy did well to beat him like he did.[/quote']

Absolutely I think the Swick fight was very impressive.

GSP finish by whatever means he feels like dammit! I like being surprised though.

Agree 100%

GSP via Babe Ruth homerun type call, before the match

Something like an standing inverted triangle whilst throwing back elbows to Hardy's face. LOL

And still the UFC Welterweight Champion of the World - Georges "Rush" St. Pierre

Hardy is already behind in the mental game.

The initial interviews after the fight was announced show it all. Hardy said "he thought he would have more fights before facing the champ" and that "the extra month is great for him because he can get some extra work in. He doesn't sound like a guy confident he will be ready to take the belt. Not to me at least.

I think he will have his will broken quickly.

No, in that i really dont believe that his confidence is low at all i think he knows he isnt GSP or even close to him but every man has a matt serras chance of beaking GSP.

would love to see hardy win but im going 3rd rd TKO, and GSP only needs 3 mins tbh

I support him partly because he's British (why wouldn't I? He'd be the first ever British champion' date=' eveyone's patriotic), and because he is a good fighter with solid standup skills. He won a unanimous decision not a split decision against Swick in a fight where he rocked Swick several times, showed his good chin and dominated the pace of the fight. I agree he probably won't beat GSP, but don't discredit his achievements. Swick is a tough guy and was a top contender, Hardy did well to beat him like he did.[/quote']

I agree with this. Hardy should've KO/TKO Swick, his corner was not up to scratch, but they probably thought Swick would be more of a problem than he was.

I hope he has a better corner team for this fight.

GSP will more than likely dominate this fight - but never say never....everyone has a Serra's chance, in every weight class.

sorry dan... but no he's not gonna win. i will say that he does have a chance though. i think the welterweight division looks the best in ufc. that and lhw.

I agree. And just how everyone else has said, I think GSP will completly own Dan. I mean I don't want to be so quick as to rule him out. Cause look what happened with GSP and Serra. Not to mention Shogun and Machida. Everyone ruled them out and look at the performances they gave out. So honestly, Dan does stand a chance. But I don't think he's gonna beat GSP.

let me guess' date=' all the brits are pulling for Dan Hardy, just based on the fact that he is Bristish, not on his skills. Dan won a split decision against Mike Swick. He didn't dominate him, he didn't ground and pound till he tapped, how the hell is going to that to GSP??? Paul Daley looks like a better Brit and fighter to me and he's not even a contender yet. Dan Hardy is already talking alot of smack about GSP. GSP is going to make him swallow his teeth along with his vampire mouthpiece.[/quote']

Yeah Dan Hardy hasn't got the skills at all.......

Good one

tbh if i think the ufc hav screwed dan hardy big time he aint ready for gsp and when he gets beat dwn like he is a wee girl its going 2 put him back a at least another year maybe 2 before he even comes in contection 4 another title shot. but fair play 2 the guy 4 trying 2 take the fight on you never know we could see a matt sera thing all over again i doubt it but stranger things hav happened

gsp tko 2nd round

Archived