nate diaz top 10 pound for pound

mugga17

did anyone else watch that strikeforce show? the main announcer is a pure idiot and at the end of the show when nick diaz won said the win should elevate him to top 10 pound for pound in the world. i couldnt keep from laughing. the way i see it, nick diaz isnt close to being top 10 at 170. what are yall thoughts

did anyone else watch that strikeforce show? the main announcer is a pure idiot and at the end of the show when nate diaz won said the win should elevate him to top 10 pound for pound in the world. i couldnt keep from laughing. the way i see it' date=' nate diaz isnt close to being top 10 at 170. what are yall thoughts[/quote']

Agreed Nick is tough i give him that, but aint worth a **** other then that.

Nate Diaz is a good fighter, entertaining to watch. Top 10 pound for pound? Nope.

Wait, Strikeforce? Dont you mean NICK Diaz? The guy who just won the welterweight championship in Strikeforce? No way. Hes a really good fighter, much better than Nate Diaz, but no way can I see him competing with the likes of GSP (Or if he did, not getting close to a win). Definitely not in the top 10.

Nick Diaz is easily the best boxer in MMA atm in my opinion.

The problem is his standup looks extremely weird and sloppy, but no one does what Nick does. He throws little punches, throws many of them at a time, and lands multiple times with them.

When other fighters are throwing 1 punch bombs, nick is throwing 4 consecutive small jab/punches. You can take a 1 punch bomb, but the problem with the 4 small punches is they each daze you just a little, and by the time the 3rd or 4th one hit, your brain is scrambled.

He's got one of the slickest boxing stand ups in the game.

I was not impressed even a little bit with Nick's performance in the Strikeforce event this eve. He didn't really look in shap or anything was the first thing I noticed( I was looking at his shoulders and didnt' see the muscle tone that I expected to see.) His punches weren't crisp like they usually are when he has tough competition. He was dang near knocked out from being sloppy and getting caught. I am not sure why someone with his talent wouldn't come to the UFC and really test himself. I guess it's an easy pay day for a world class athlete. I don't know.

That being said, I know the dude would whoop my butt from here to next week. I am sure he is in wayy better shape than I am, etc. He's a hell of a fighter, but I wouldn't put him in the top 10 at all. He hasn't fought anyone that I would consider top competition for a while and I really just didn't see him look in that great of shape tonight compared to how I have seen him in other fights.

The problem is his standup looks extremely weird and sloppy' date=' but no one does what Nick does. He throws little punches, throws many of them at a time, and lands multiple times with them.

When other fighters are throwing 1 punch bombs, nick is throwing 4 consecutive small jab/punches. You can take a 1 punch bomb, but the problem with the 4 small punches is they each daze you just a little, and by the time the 3rd or 4th one hit, your brain is scrambled.

He's got one of the slickest boxing stand ups in the game.[/quote']

Hes good we definetley should get him. Hes not that good though

Nick Diaz is not p4p nothing. I was not impressed with his performance. Very sloppy. If he was fighting any top 5 WW in the UFC he would have been KO'd.

WHAAAAT!!!! that sloppyness is his style and it is very effective. He was landiing great combinations on zaromski's. 'Great combinations', cant remeber the last time anyone said that about GSP. :rolleyes:

did anyone else watch that strikeforce show? the main announcer is a pure idiot and at the end of the show when nick diaz won said the win should elevate him to top 10 pound for pound in the world. i couldnt keep from laughing. the way i see it' date=' nick diaz isnt close to being top 10 at 170. what are yall thoughts[/quote']

That announcer is the worst. Isn't he the guitar player for Weezer?

did anyone else watch that strikeforce show? the main announcer is a pure idiot and at the end of the show when nick diaz won said the win should elevate him to top 10 pound for pound in the world. i couldnt keep from laughing. the way i see it' date=' nick diaz isnt close to being top 10 at 170. what are yall thoughts[/quote']

Why does every1 keep mixing both there names up, its annoying and Joe Rogan said the same thing after Diaz owned Scott Smith, just saying, but I do think Nick is top 20 p4p. And another thing, u ufc **** riders need to stop discrediting fighters cause there not in the ufc, thats even more annoying.

Why does every1 keep mixing both there names up' date=' its annoying and Joe Rogan said the same thing after Diaz owned Scott Smith, just saying, but I do think Nick is top 20 p4p. And another thing, u ufc **** riders need to stop discrediting fighters cause there not in the ufc, thats even more annoying.[/quote']

you think hes top 20????who has he beat? is this nick diaz? maybe nate? LMAO

you think hes top 20????who has he beat? is this nick diaz? maybe nate? LMAO

Maybe Im being a little biased cause Nick is 1 of my fav. fighters but Nick has been owning his opponents of late, he can go all day, has 1 of the best boxing and ground games probably 2nd best combination of the 2 behind BJ in mma, and does not get finished, hes top 20 in my book but u right, he needs to fight better competition. I would love to see him take on Dan Henderson at a catchweight. And I say this again, Joe Rogan thinks Nick is top 10P4P and most of u always say Joe Rogan knows his MMA lol.

Why does every1 keep mixing both there names up' date=' its annoying and Joe Rogan said the same thing after Diaz owned Scott Smith, just saying, but I do think Nick is top 20 p4p. And another thing, u ufc **** riders need to stop discrediting fighters cause there not in the ufc, thats even more annoying.[/quote']

This^^^

Maybe Im being a little biased cause Nick is 1 of my fav. fighters but Nick has been owning his opponents of late' date=' he can go all day, has 1 of the best boxing and ground games probably 2nd best combination of the 2 behind BJ in mma, and does not get finished, hes top 20 in my book but u right, he needs to fight better competition. I would love to see him take on Dan Henderson at a catchweight. And I say this again, [b']Joe Rogan thinks Nick is top 10P4P[/b] and most of u always say Joe Rogan knows his MMA lol.

This^^^ again. ****ing UFC **** riders.

yeah he said 'top 10 p4p striking' I laughed and then he did own zaromskis but he aint top 10 p4p material

The problem is his standup looks extremely weird and sloppy' date=' but no one does what Nick does. He throws little punches, throws many of them at a time, and lands multiple times with them.

He's got one of the slickest boxing stand ups in the game.[/quote']

Agreed, Nick Diaz's striking might not look pretty but it's damn effective, it's so unorthodox that not many people can deal with it. He may not be top P4P but he's certainly a top Welterweight.

I think Nick is close, his ground game is crazy and hes got some really good boxing, I think the UFC should bring him back he is on a 6 fight winning streak and showed alot in this fight beating anthor striker at his own game. He is VERY well rounded in fact I think over all he might be top 10 in the world just because he can out strike any non striker and take out any striker on the ground pretty much,

I think Nick is close' date=' his ground game is crazy and hes got some really good boxing, I think the UFC should bring him back he is on a 6 fight winning streak and showed alot in this fight beating anthor striker at his own game. He is VERY well rounded in fact I think over all he might be top 10 in the world just because he can out strike any non striker and take out any striker on the ground pretty much,[/quote']

Thing is the UFC disrespected him when he fought for them, and also when he was trying to support one of his brothers fights by not letting him backstage. So him ever coming back, would be very unlikely. Seems to be a reccuring theme in the last year or so, fighters leaving with a bad taste in their mouth because of management.

I think Nick is close' date=' his ground game is crazy and hes got some really good boxing, I think the UFC should bring him back he is on a 6 fight winning streak and showed alot in this fight beating anthor striker at his own game. He is VERY well rounded in fact I think over all he might be top 10 in the world just because he can out strike any non striker and take out any striker on the ground pretty much,[/quote']

Also, I don't know how many of his fights you've watched but, even in the case of his fight last night, he out strikes strikers too.

Also' date=' I don't know how many of his fights you've watched but, even in the case of his fight last night, he out strikes strikers too.[/quote']

oh i know he also koed Lawler who is a striker all Im sayin is if he cant ko them he can sub them and if he cant sub them he can ko them.

he can prob stand and roll with anyone and make it a good fight even if he doesnt win

Good Lord it gets annoying when people, either through lack of knowledge, ignorance to what true skill is, or some twisted brand loyalty, can discredit a clearly skilled fighter.

Nick Diaz has fluctuated between 2 weight classes, and has beaten world class competition for several years now. If his fight with Diego replayed exactly as it did right now, he would have won that decision. As bad as judging can be right now it is far better than it was then. Diego won that fight by staying busy and name recognition, even though Nick had the more EFFECTIVE striking and nullified Diego's ground game.

But anyway, don't think for a second Dana doesn't want a guy of Diaz' caliber in the UFC but their previous personality clashes and disrespect on both sides has burned that bridge. Don't believe he isn't in the UFC for a lack of skill, and I think he would make a great run in the UFC WW division and could give GSP a hell of a fight. His style is unique, standing or rolling, and impossible to train for.

Before this event many people were clamoring to pick Zaromskis by KO, him being the DREAM champion carried some weight last week, why doesn't it now? After getting rocked by a guy known for putting lights out, then outstriking him and putting him to sleep, where are all those who were blasting Diaz as having a weak chin and no KO ability? Because it is easier to not admit that you aren't as smart as you think and discredit Zaromskis than to buck up and give credit where it is due.

Skill for Skill, Nick Diaz is definitely top 10 p4p in the world, don't hate, just admit it!

Good Lord it gets annoying when people' date=' either through lack of knowledge, ignorance to what true skill is, or some twisted brand loyalty, can discredit a clearly skilled fighter.

Nick Diaz has fluctuated between 2 weight classes, and has beaten world class competition for several years now. If his fight with Diego replayed exactly as it did right now, he would have won that decision. As bad as judging can be right now it is far better than it was then. Diego won that fight by staying busy and name recognition, even though Nick had the more EFFECTIVE striking and nullified Diego's ground game.

But anyway, don't think for a second Dana doesn't want a guy of Diaz' caliber in the UFC but their previous personality clashes and disrespect on both sides has burned that bridge. Don't believe he isn't in the UFC for a lack of skill, and I think he would make a great run in the UFC WW division and could give GSP a hell of a fight. His style is unique, standing or rolling, and impossible to train for.

Before this event many people were clamoring to pick Zaromskis by KO, him being the DREAM champion carried some weight last week, why doesn't it now? After getting rocked by a guy known for putting lights out, then outstriking him and putting him to sleep, where are all those who were blasting Diaz as having a weak chin and no KO ability? Because it is easier to not admit that you aren't as smart as you think and discredit Zaromskis than to buck up and give credit where it is due.

Skill for Skill, Nick Diaz is definitely top 10 p4p in the world, don't hate, just admit it![/quote']

This^^^ that is probably a collection of previous thoughts that I have posted in various threads over the last couple of days. Well said. Even when he was in the UFC I gave this guy the credit he deserves and he wasn't 1/2 the fighter he is now. People just love to hate him because he's a Diaz 1.), and 2.) He's in Strikeforce which somehow takes a fighters credibility away, which is for the most part mind boggling to me. Sure Strikeforce doesn't have a stacked roster like the current UFC but people seem to forget that at one time the UFC was fledgling in status too.

This^^^ that is probably a collection of previous thoughts that I have posted in various threads over the last couple of days. Well said. Even when he was in the UFC I gave this guy the credit he deserves and he wasn't 1/2 the fighter he is now. People just love to hate him because he's a Diaz 1.)' date=' and 2.) He's in Strikeforce which somehow takes a fighters credibility away, which is for the most part mind boggling to me. Sure Strikeforce doesn't have a stacked roster like the current UFC but people seem to forget that at one time the UFC was fledgling in status too.[/quote']

In the big picture the UFC wasn't a truly "credible" organization until around 30 PPV's in, so Strikeforce is actually a bit ahead of the curve!

Good Lord it gets annoying when people' date=' either through lack of knowledge, ignorance to what true skill is, or some twisted brand loyalty, can discredit a clearly skilled fighter.

Skill for Skill, Nick Diaz is definitely top 10 p4p in the world, don't hate, just admit it![/quote']

if hes in your top 10, list your top 10 for me

if hes in your top 10' date=' list your top 10 for me[/quote']

A Silva

BJ Penn

Fedor Emeliananko

GSP

Machida

Shogun

Minotauro

Marquardt

Diaz

Aoki

4-10 are all pretty much interchangable but based on which fighters present the most complete skill set that is my top 10. Go ahead and flame my opinion if you want, not like I will change my mind, I've only been watching this sport, trained with pros and BJJ world champs, and seen likely 80-90% of every MMA fight ever held after 1992 so I obviously don't know anything and am likely a TUF "Noob".

A Silva

BJ Penn

Fedor Emeliananko

GSP

Machida

Shogun

Minotauro

Marquardt

Diaz

Aoki

4-10 are all pretty much interchangable but based on which fighters present the most complete skill set that is my top 10. Go ahead and flame my opinion if you want' date=' not like I will change my mind, I've only been watching this sport, trained with pros and BJJ world champs, and seen likely 80-90% of every MMA fight ever held after 1992 so I obviously don't know anything and am likely a TUF "Noob".[/quote']

i dont think hes better than fitch, alves, or koscheck, and as far as p4p goes i think bowles and aldo have to be in the top 10 imho........i agree with 1-8 on your list...i dont think aokis in my top 10 because i think the dream lightweights are overrrated

I think diaz is easily as good as fitch, koscheck or alves. Better BJJ than all of em. And awkward striking thats better than fitch and koscheck. Alves might be a bad matchup for him. But to me alves is the worst of the 4. If Diaz is in UFC hes easily GSPs next opponent.

As for top ten P4P....maybe top 20.

Archived