Herschel Walker, my child hood hero

G__row

I was impressed by what he did, he seemed to be enjoying himself out there too. And at 47 he looks like he is younger and in better shape then Randy, so you never know. The only things I saw he did wrong and its just due to being so new to the sport was on 3 separate occasions he could have moved in for an easy submission win. Very good first fight, I'd like to see him fight more.

Absolutely one of my all time favorite athletes. His accomplishments transcend all sports.

Even on "Celebrity Apprentice", he lost in his challenge because he wasn't willing to debase himself and play the same two-faced petty games as the other contestants. His picture should be next to the word "class" in the dictionary, and it should be on Brock's wall so maybe he can get a clue how a real champion is supposed to act.

He's a beast for sure' date=' I was impressed with his basics, although his opponent wasn't the best.Roids maybe? he's ripped as hell.[/quote']

He has looked like that since high school through constant hard work and nothing else.

He once said that when he was growing up everyone had to work around the house and his job was carrying firewood. He says he thought his name was "Get Wood" til he was 16, lmao.

He's a beast for sure' date=' I was impressed with his basics, although his opponent wasn't the best.Roids maybe? he's ripped as hell.[/quote']

Please do not start rumors that have no factual backing. We do not allow talk of steroid use. Unless it has been found to be true.

Was NOT starting a rumour' date=' just a question because how can a guy of 47 have a 12 pack lol but yeah he is a legend for sure.[/quote']

The dude is a world class athlete that has dedicated the better part of 42 years to training to be a world class athlete. Doesn't he do like 1000 push-ups a day or something crazy like that?

He has taken care of himself and been very disciplined throughout his entire life. You should be slapped for even questioning it. I'm guessing you're under the age of 20 though, if you even have to ask that question.

The dude is a world class athlete that has dedicated the better part of 42 years to training to be a world class athlete. Doesn't he do like 1000 push-ups a day or something crazy like that?

He has taken care of himself and been very disciplined throughout his entire life. You should be slapped for even questioning it. I'm guessing you're under the age of 20 though' date=' if you even have to ask that question.[/quote']

he looks great at the age of 47. i hope he continues, he is quite an athlete. i mean olympic bobsledder? how amazing is that? lol and dont forget hismean trophy winner

I was glad he won. He could work more on moving his feet and start learning... mastering some basic submissions. Plenty of arm and choke submission opportunities were passed without a thought. I was starting to dislike when he started his dancing, but I do think it was just to have fun with it. Great guy for giving his purse to charity too, rare to find a fighter with some real class.

i respect Walker and everything but i wasnt impressed with his performance, i could have finished Nady in the 1st round and ive never even trained before. Walker had the full mount but he didnt drop any bombs, he spent the whole time trying to pin his arm down with his knee, i dont think he has that killer instinct to finish a fight. He would get mauled if he stayed at HW and i dont think his chances at LHW are any better. His stand up also looked very stiff

He may not be the best fighter in the world' date=' but I was very impressed, and happy last night.

If he would have started at a much younger age, you never know.

He donated all his winning to charity. Class act.

GO DAWGS!!!![/quote']

seems like he barrowed his legs from the tinman. but yes he was impressive for his age.

Great debut for him but I think he would have more success at LHW. He only weighed in at i think 214 so wouldn't be too hard of a cut. But who knows how long he will be fighting anyways since he's said he's not looking to become the best in the sport or be a champion.

I think if he fights more he will drop to 205. He may not have said he doesn't want to be champion but he is a ravenous competitor and you must understand that if he really feels as though he could have a shot at gaining ground in the sport, you better bet that he will attack that oppurtunity with 110%. HW doesn't know any other speed but balls to the wall.

Also, I would like to point out that he gave his purse to charity, not only as a kind gesture, but because he is doing this for the love of the sport and his own enjoyment. Those are probablly the best avenues of approach for this business, IMO.

He has taken care of himself and been very disciplined throughout his entire life. You should be slapped for even questioning it. I'm guessing you're under the age of 20 though' date=' if you even have to ask that question.[/quote']

Lol i'm 18 :( haha but yeah i apologise for even questioning him, he's awesome lol.

Lol i'm 18 :( haha but yeah i apologise for even questioning him' date=' he's awesome lol.[/quote']

NP, just remember that next time you're about to throw out a comment like that. A lot of time it takes any credibility away from whatever you say, even if what you're saying is 100% correct. There are 100's of ways to beat a drug test nowadays, but there are plenty of measures in place to catch cheaters. Herschel is the epitomy of the word athlete. If I had 1/2 as much discipline as he did I would be doing something far more productive then chatting on UFC.com, thats for sure. :P

NP' date=' just remember that next time you're about to throw out a comment like that. A lot of time it takes any credibility away from whatever you say, even if what you're saying is 100% correct. There are 100's of ways to beat a drug test nowadays, but there are plenty of measures in place to catch cheaters. Herschel is the epitomy of the word athlete. If I had 1/2 as much discipline as he did I would be doing something far more productive then chatting on UFC.com, thats for sure. :P[/quote']

What i like about him is that he's very humble, very respectful towards his opponent who if you don't mind me saying sucked!

i respect Walker and everything but i wasnt impressed with his performance' date=' i could have finished Nady in the 1st round and ive never even trained before. Walker had the full mount but he didnt drop any bombs, he spent the whole time trying to pin his arm down with his knee, i dont think he has that killer instinct to finish a fight. He would get mauled if he stayed at HW and i dont think his chances at LHW are any better. His stand up also looked very stiff[/quote']

I was extremely impressed. 47 years old that has not been training for mma very long. He already said he has no thoughts of dominating the spot. Just wants to have fun and test himself.

Was i the only one really impressed with his performance? Not that he is gonna be the next champ or anything but I was reading the strikeforce forums and people were saying it was a boring fight and they expected a ko or tko, but since he didnt do that he was boring? For 47 and being his first fight i would be very happy if i were his trainer. He was quicker than i thought he would be and leg kicks are very under used even by veteran fighters and he utilized them great. Its the day after and i still cant get over it lol i dont know how long he will last being 47 but i would love to see him fight again. Plz do everyone a favor and dont reply with anything about fedor or lesnar.

Was i the only one really impressed with his performance? Not that he is gonna be the next champ or anything but I was reading the strikeforce forums and people were saying it was a boring fight and they expected a ko or tko' date=' but since he didnt do that he was boring? For 47 and being his first fight i would be very happy if i were his trainer. He was quicker than i thought he would be and leg kicks are very under used even by veteran fighters and he utilized them great. Its the day after and i still cant get over it lol i dont know how long he will last being 47 but i would love to see him fight again. Plz do everyone a favor and dont reply with anything about fedor or lesnar.[/quote']

Yes I was impressed

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=20065

i wasnt impressed at all walker beat up a guy that was 0-2 in mma fights

walker is a 5th degree black belt and has 30+ yrs of martial arts experience it should have ended sooner

First off his opponent was 1-1, and 2nd, for a 47 year old in his first ever MMA fight, he did well to control the action and set the tone of the fight. Great debut for the legend.

have to say not really impressed walker has 30+ yrs in martial arts he is a 5th degree black belt in TKD dont get me wrong for someone is 47 it was great to watch but he beat a guy that was 0-2 in mma fights it should have never gone as far as it did walker should have ko'd the guy quick

Was i the only one really impressed with his performance? Not that he is gonna be the next champ or anything but I was reading the strikeforce forums and people were saying it was a boring fight and they expected a ko or tko' date=' but since he didnt do that he was boring? For 47 and being his first fight i would be very happy if i were his trainer. He was quicker than i thought he would be and leg kicks are very under used even by veteran fighters and he utilized them great. Its the day after and i still cant get over it lol i dont know how long he will last being 47 but i would love to see him fight again. Plz do everyone a favor and dont reply with anything about fedor or lesnar.[/quote']

he won by tko if im not mistaken

Not impressed at all...he fought a horrible fighter and looked awful...no technique at all...Brock Lesnar looks like a jiu jitsu god in comparison and im not even kidding...strikeforce is incredibly over rated, Lashley was almost as bad...and Wes Sims omfg...I know he got raped and all but did he really have to try and pull something that looked like a butthole guard? Worst strikeforce show in a long time.

Archived