What's next for Robbie Lalwer?

Alpha_Omega

Who do you guys think is next for Robbie Lawler? And who do you think is next for Manhoef? I say feed Cung Le to Manhoef. Manhoef is everything Cung Le is hyped up to be. Manhoef would annihilate him.

Who's next for Lawler, though? Maybe Mayhem? It was a pretty spectacular knock out, for sure. But I still think Manhoef looked good and people should be impressed regardless. The dude's striking is among the best in MMA.

Who do you guys think is next for Robbie Lawler? And who do you think is next for Manhoef? I say feed Cung Le to Manhoef. Manhoef is everything Cung Le is hyped up to be. Manhoef would annihilate him.

Who's next for Lawler' date=' though? Maybe Mayhem? It was a pretty spectacular knock out, for sure. But I still think Manhoef looked good and people should be impressed regardless. The dude's striking is among the best in MMA.[/quote']

MM has been in mma for 15 years & has developed zero ground game offense/defense,

Mousasi & Filho tapped him fast so that wil put limitations on his success .. on the other hand, he has an amazing 96% (t)ko record .

Ruthless stretched him for 10 minutes w/ a very short punch, so maybe the years of wear are taking its toll .

Robbie Lawler is a cobra @185,

Cung le

Henderson

Shields

Filho

Jacare' <<<<<<<<< :eek:

Villasenor II

Fukuda

Miller

Yeah his ground game needs a lot of work for sure but I definitely think he is on of the best pure kick boxers in MMA.

But Ruthless also has some serious power in his hands, too. And I think that overhand was simply perfect and landed right on the chin. I'm not sure that's necessarily wear but more so just a punch that landed right on the button.

Ruthless Vs Jacare would be a good one. Shields Vs Hendo is coming up soon which is why I left them out of the equation. Robbie would need to get one more win before he gets a title shot imo. Especially with guys like Jacare and Filho in the equation.

Was i the only one who got a kick out of Lawler fighting for his life so he closed his eyes and ducked his head a threw a b.s. punch? Don't get me wrong alot knockouts happen like this but it really just went Lawlors way and if he had missed this conversation would be different.

I don't think he had his eyes closed and I stated on multiple occasions that I don't think anyone could not have been impressed with Manhoef. Manhoef is a monsterous kick boxer and he looked great. He just got caught. It happens. Some of the best KOs happen like this. Smith Vs Sell. Carwin Vs Gonzaga. You could even say Rampage ducked his head and threw a punch against Wanderlei. But the point is, it was spot on and it did the job. Robbie Lawler is a monster. So is Manhoef. Neither should lose much credit for the outcome of this fight.

But it was a brutal Ko. I just hope Melvin can pick himself after this one and still fights with the same coinfidence. After getting KOed like that he can get gunshy. You might never be the same.

it isnt the first time he got ko'ed althought it was the worst he got one punched when it looked like he was going to finish Keijiro Maeda in a kickboxing fight.

Remy Bonjasky also knocked him out pretty bad after he got up from an origanal knockdown.

He also got koed in 40 seconds by Ray Sefo although Ray was much bigger then him.

And I like the Cung Lee vs Manhoef idea, Manhoef will destroy him Cung doesnt have the power Robbie has so no lucky punches will be landed.

it isnt the first time he got ko'ed althought it was the worst he got one punched when it looked like he was going to finish Keijiro Maeda in a kickboxing fight.

Remy Bonjasky also knocked him out pretty bad after he got up from an origanal knockdown.

He also got koed in 40 seconds by Ray Sefo although Ray was much bigger then him.

And I like the Cung Lee vs Manhoef idea' date=' Manhoef will destroy him Cung doesnt have the power Robbie has so no lucky punches will be landed.[/quote']

Cung doesn't have the BOXING Lawler has. Cung Le's boxing is absolutely awful. His kicks are cool, more flash than effective, but his boxing is very bad.

But it was a brutal Ko. I just hope Melvin can pick himself after this one and still fights with the same coinfidence. After getting KOed like that he can get gunshy. You might never be the same.

very valid point' date=' it creates doubt & 2nd guessing which simply is a bad formula ..

And I like the Cung Lee vs Manhoef idea, Manhoef will destroy him Cung doesnt have the power Robbie has so no lucky punches will be landed.

I lost count on how many times remy whooped him, 3 or 4 ? ... the prototype for success vs mm

MM has been in mma for 15 years & has developed zero ground game offense/defense' date='

[/quote']

thats not true in the Paulo fight he did a good job at keepin the fight away from the ground and he dominated the whole time and even kicked Filhos butt on the ground for a bit before Fihlo feel ontop of melvin in mount. watch his fights before you talk.

thats not true in the Paulo fight he did a good job at keepin the fight away from the ground and he dominated the whole time and even kicked Filhos butt on the ground for a bit before Fihlo feel ontop of melvin in mount. watch his fights before you talk.

it was a 1st round loss dude

submitted in half a round ...

Cung doesn't have the BOXING Lawler has. Cung Le's boxing is absolutely awful. His kicks are cool' date=' more flash than effective, but his boxing is very bad.[/quote']

Agreed.

Le's boxing is terrible. He's great at keeping people out of range with his kicks, but if they are fast enough and can close the distance, he's in trouble.

I'd like to see Lawler VS Scott Smith next. Winner of that should get the winner of Shields/Hendo.

Agreed.

Le's boxing is terrible. He's great at keeping people out of range with his kicks' date=' but if they are fast enough and can close the distance, he's in trouble.

I'd like to see Lawler VS Scott Smith next. Winner of that should get the winner of Shields/Hendo.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure it's Jacare Vs Kennedy for the next title shot. As for Smith, considering him and Robbie fought twice in a row not too long ago, I don't think that'll happen. I think Mayhem or Filho make the most sense right now.

I don't think he had his eyes closed and I stated on multiple occasions that I don't think anyone could not have been impressed with Manhoef. Manhoef is a monsterous kick boxer and he looked great. He just got caught. It happens. Some of the best KOs happen like this. Smith Vs Sell. Carwin Vs Gonzaga. You could even say Rampage ducked his head and threw a punch against Wanderlei. But the point is' date=' it was spot on and it did the job. Robbie Lawler is a monster. So is Manhoef. Neither should lose much credit for the outcome of this fight.[/quote']

ye same thing with arlovski vs sylvia 2, at the risk of being biased coz i bet on manhoef , i think lalwer did get lucky, nearly anyone else in manhoefs position would of thought that the victory was a couple of strikes away from a victory and most of the time they finish the fight. these are just a few exceptions.

I'm pretty sure it's Jacare Vs Kennedy for the next title shot. As for Smith' date=' considering him and Robbie fought twice in a row not too long ago, I don't think that'll happen. I think Mayhem or Filho make the most sense right now.[/quote']

Wow! Thanks, Alpha.

I'm not sure where my brain disappeared to, but I totally forgot they fought at all.. nevermind twice! lmao

Now I remember the whole "eyepoke" stuff and whatnot. It's been a long day :P

^ Yeah Manhoef's power is incredible. Those kicks were brutal. He actually might need surgery.

ye same thing with arlovski vs sylvia 2' date=' at the risk of being biased coz i bet on manhoef , i think lalwer did get lucky, nearly anyone else in manhoefs position would of thought that the victory was a couple of strikes away from a victory and most of the time they finish the fight. these are just a few exceptions.[/quote']

Wasn't luck, really. Honestly it's a roll of the dice when you wind up for an uppercut like that. Watch how most fighters throw uppercuts. They drop their hands to get full power and velocity. Evans Vs Liddell is another perfect example. Chuck went for the uppercut, Rashad over the top. Same thing here. Even watch when Jeremy Stephens had that vicious uppercut KO on Dos Anjos, when people wind up for uppercuts they tend to drop their hands. It's a roll of the dice. Less luck and more of a gamble on Manhoef's part.

Just my opinion of course.

^ Yeah Manhoef's power is incredible. Those kicks were brutal. He actually might need surgery.

Wasn't luck' date=' really. Honestly it's a roll of the dice when you wind up for an uppercut like that. Watch how most fighters throw uppercuts. They drop their hands to get full power and velocity. Evans Vs Liddell is another perfect example. Chuck went for the uppercut, Rashad over the top. Same thing here. Even watch when Jeremy Stephens had that vicious uppercut KO on Dos Anjos, when people wind up for uppercuts they tend to drop their hands. It's a roll of the dice. Less luck and more of a gamble on Manhoef's part.

Just my opinion of course.[/quote']

good point, im probably just annoyed i lost my money, that being said if they ever have a rematch, which could happen down the road i think manhoef would win easily

Ive always been of the belief, with combat sports, its not about the W its about the performance. And after that fight, Manhoeff is the winner, He dominated and got caught, with that he pretty much stays the same in the standings. Hes a fun draw for the crowd, theres no way hes going to be dropped in the SF rankings.

As for lawler, he looked terrible, landing 1 punch standing. I dont even know what he was thinking, he didnt throw a punch for the first 3 minutes. I think that reflects poorly on him and his abilities as a relevant fighter.

Ive always been of the belief' date=' with combat sports, its not about the W its about the performance. And after that fight, Manhoeff is the winner, He dominated and got caught, with that he pretty much stays the same in the standings. Hes a fun draw for the crowd, theres no way hes going to be dropped in the SF rankings.

As for lawler, he looked terrible, landing 1 punch standing. I dont even know what he was thinking, he didnt throw a punch for the first 3 minutes. I think that reflects poorly on him and his abilities as a relevant fighter.[/quote']

Some good points. But what do you expect? Lawler to be able to hang with manhoef on the feet? I don't think anybody expected him to. I certainly didn't. It went almost exactly how I thought it would. Lawler would have too much pride to shoot, Manhoef would dominate. I didn't expect the end result obviously.

Lawler shouldn't lose credit for pulling a come back. Scott Smith didn't. Carwin didn't. Mir didn't. Why should Lawler? He did what he did and it worked.

And I absolutely agree about Manhoef. He will not lose cred or rankings for that. I think any true fan who watched that was impressed with his performance over a very tough Lawler.

Some good points. But what do you expect? Lawler to be able to hang with manhoef on the feet? I don't think anybody expected him to. I certainly didn't. It went almost exactly how I thought it would. Lawler would have too much pride to shoot' date=' Manhoef would dominate. I didn't expect the end result obviously.

Lawler shouldn't lose credit for pulling a come back. Scott Smith didn't. Carwin didn't. Mir didn't. Why should Lawler? He did what he did and it worked.

And I absolutely agree about Manhoef. He will not lose cred or rankings for that. I think any true fan who watched that was impressed with his performance over a very tough Lawler.[/quote']

Like I said, its not the win, or that comback punch, its his performance as a whole. Yeah it probably sits a little bitter with me he got that punch in, so right now i have my panties in a bunch and pulling a "SHOGUN BEAT MACHIDA"-like tantrum. So ill give credit where credits due, he did what he was supposed to. But I do think the fight leaves more questions rather and answers.

Like I said' date=' its not the win, or that comback punch, its his performance as a whole. Yeah it probably sits a little bitter with me he got that punch in, so right now i have my panties in a bunch and pulling a "SHOGUN BEAT MACHIDA"-like tantrum. So ill give credit where credits due, he did what he was supposed to. But I do think the fight leaves more questions rather and answers.[/quote']

IMO, I think the fact that he basically only threw that one punch, shows that he knew what he was doing.

He stated that he knew Melvin liked to drop his hands when going for the finish, and he capitalized exactly how he wanted to. Throwing lots of punches would have been dumb, as it would have just opened him up to Melvin's attack.

Who's next for Lawler' date=' though? Maybe Mayhem? It was a pretty spectacular knock out, for sure. But I still think Manhoef looked good and people should be impressed regardless. The dude's striking is among the best in MMA.[/quote']

ive always been a big fan of robbie but i just dont think he has evolved with the sport,he will always have a punchers chance in fact more than most but thats about it.

Guy gets dominated all fight? check

Guy gets a lucky KO? Check

Guy obviously just a mid carder at best? Check

Lets give him a title shot

Welcome to the Dana White school of booking.

mmmmmmmmmm having a go at dana white about how he wants to run the UFC from a guy who wanted ALEX RIED in the UFC just cos he won celebrity big brother!

Except the lawler fight was in strikeforce and so is lawler so has nothing to do with dana......man you are dumb!

mmmmmmmmmm having a go at dana white about how he wants to run the UFC from a guy who wanted ALEX RIED in the UFC just cos he won celebrity big brother!

Except the lawler fight was in strikeforce and so is lawler so has nothing to do with dana......man you are dumb!

Referring to Carwin you ****ing bellend. But I will let you off because of your obvious disability (Being American).

Archived