Marquardt predicting a finish over Sonnen this weekend

MMAUnltd

Yep, we caught up with Nate to get his take on the bout this weekend and he's supremely confident.

He's predicting a finish in that one , and also told me he expects an Anderson Silva KO in the second round vs. Belfort to tee up a rematch.

http://www.mmaunltd.com/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/65/marquardt-predicting-finish-over-sonnen.htm

?I don't know what he will do. He may try to stand with me but I'm sure once I land a punch, he'll try to take me down,? Marquardt offered. ?I believe I will be able to knock him out or submit him. I am better on the feet and on the ground.?

Thoughts? Can Sonnen pose a realistic threat to Marquardt this weekend?

i don't particularly like marquardt' date=' but sonnen is a tool and i hope he loses badly.[/quote']

changed my mind, i want him to win @109 and then lose a career ending, devastating ko loss to silva, in one of the later rounds too cause i want the first 3 or so to be silva going for body shots and killing his body so bad that by the time he gets ko'ed he was asking for the fight to end.

Well, I was pretty sure Okami was going to handle Chael, and he didn't. I'm pretty sure Marquardt will handle Chael as well, but I'm not betting against Chael again. Not at +350 anyhow.

Also, Chael has a solid chin. I really don't see him getting KO'd, although I wouldn't rule it out entirely. I would not be surprised at all if Chael finds a way to grind out a decision victory.

Anything is obviously possible, but on paper there is no way Chael pulls this one out. He might be technically just slightly better wrestling wise than Nate, but thats overcome with the undeniable strength advantage Nate has. Jitsu and striking are Nate's easy. On paper Nate wins this one, but we no stats dont always prevail so im lookin forward to it anyways. More so than the main event :)

changed my mind' date=' i want him to win @109 and then lose a career ending, devastating ko loss to silva, in one of the later rounds too cause i want the first 3 or so to be silva going for body shots and killing his body so bad that by the time he gets ko'ed he was asking for the fight to end.[/quote']

after quoting on your own quote, ever get the impression no one gives a **** about your stupid thoughts? why would you want nates career ending so badly? im no nate fan but i cant reason with any hater on this guy.

so ill conclude this with a childish ''****'' aimed right at u jng1

after quoting on your own quote' date=' ever get the impression no one gives a **** about your stupid thoughts? why would you want nates career ending so badly? im no nate fan but i cant reason with any hater on this guy.

so ill conclude this with a childish ''****'' aimed right at u jng1[/quote']

I think he meant Sonnen, not Nate. I'm guessing his sudden change of heart has to do with his comments about Silva being boring and whatnot.

Yep' date=' we caught up with Nate to get his take on the bout this weekend and he's supremely confident.

He's predicting a finish in that one , and also told me he expects an Anderson Silva KO in the second round vs. Belfort to tee up a rematch.

http://www.mmaunltd.com/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/65/marquardt-predicting-finish-over-sonnen.htm

Thoughts? Can Sonnen pose a realistic threat to Marquardt this weekend?[/quote']

No chance, Nates too good on the feet I think, can't see this one lasting the first round

Anything is obviously possible' date=' but on paper there is no way Chael pulls this one out. He might be technically just slightly better wrestling wise than Nate, but thats overcome with the undeniable strength advantage Nate has. Jitsu and striking are Nate's easy. On paper Nate wins this one, but we no stats dont always prevail so im lookin forward to it anyways. More so than the main event :)[/quote']

+1 well said sir

changed my mind' date=' i want him to win @109 and then lose a career ending, devastating ko loss to silva, in one of the later rounds too cause i want the first 3 or so to be silva going for body shots and killing his body so bad that by the time he gets ko'ed he was asking for the fight to end.[/quote']

dont c y u dnt like him.. he culdv hit maia an extra cuple ov times in ther fight but decided not 2.. an i heard somethin about him donating 2 charity.. an imo he isnt tht ****y jus confident.

Anything is obviously possible' date=' but on paper there is no way Chael pulls this one out. He might be technically just slightly better wrestling wise than Nate, but thats overcome with the undeniable strength advantage Nate has. Jitsu and striking are Nate's easy. On paper Nate wins this one, but we no stats dont always prevail so im lookin forward to it anyways. More so than the main event :)[/quote']

I don't really think too many people are looking forward to the main event. Like you, I'm looking forward to this fight the most.

On paper, Nate should smash him, but the same was said about Okami. I have a bit of a feeling Nate will end up grinding this one out.

I think it'd be kinda ironic and funny if Marquardt scored a submission from guard since Chael said that stuff about jiu-jitsu and he can get away from anyone.

after quoting on your own quote' date=' ever get the impression no one gives a **** about your stupid thoughts? why would you want nates career ending so badly? im no nate fan but i cant reason with any hater on this guy.

so ill conclude this with a childish ''****'' aimed right at u jng1[/quote']

dude, you gotta understand what's going on before you say something like that, cause if you get it wrong you might look stupid.

i was talking about chael sonnen, the dude underneath you understood perfectly well.

it's always good to make sure you read everything properly and understand what is being said.

I think he meant Sonnen' date=' not Nate. I'm guessing his sudden change of heart has to do with his comments about Silva being boring and whatnot.[/quote']

you are 100% correct.

this is not the first thread where some one has had a go at me for not understanding what i have said, it's pretty stupid and so avoidable if they just read properly.

dont c y u dnt like him.. he culdv hit maia an extra cuple ov times in ther fight but decided not 2.. an i heard somethin about him donating 2 charity.. an imo he isnt tht ****y jus confident.

again, i was referring to chael sonnen not marquardt.

lol' date=' the ability to read text is hard for some people :)[/quote']

apparently it is, same goes for understanding sarcasm, some people have a go at me without realising i have the same opinion as them but they think i don't cause i'm being sarcastic.

Archived