Rashad Evans vs. Randy Couture

luckyjoes923

mannnnnnnnnnnn i hope this fight doesnt happen cuz i love randy couture but he would not win rashad is just better right now just cuz hes so much younger. i hope randy gets another shot at the title before he retires' date=' win or lose he deserves it[/quote']

this is how randy gets title shots, by being randy he doesnt have to win fights he just has to get older and everyone loves him,

Rashad > Liddell > Couture so Rashad > Couture

Rashad by K.O. resembling the K.O. on Liddell

Rashad would not be stupid enough to try and have a wrestling match with Couture,

he would use his Superior : Hand speed, Foot work and head movement. I predict he will force Couture to chase him and look to counter Couture's Clinch attempts with a side step and a hook to the head.

this is how randy gets title shots' date=' by being randy he doesnt have to win fights he just has to get older and everyone loves him,[/quote']

Omg someone seriously needs to make an article about how Randy got all his title shots I am sick of reading the same thing every week.

If Randy actually took the time off to heal and train between fights (which he hasn't really been doing lately), I think he could pull this one out. Rashad has heavy hands and Couture does get hurt easier now a days, but Couture is good at getting inside quickly and neutralizing peoples striking. The Natural is also used to pushing bigger guys around in the clinch (lesnar, gonzaga, sylvia). I see Couture moving forward quickly, closing the distance to a clinch, dirty boxing his way to a UD.

Rashad > Liddell > Couture so Rashad > Couture

Rashad by K.O. resembling the K.O. on Liddell

Rashad would not be stupid enough to try and have a wrestling match with Couture' date='

he would use his Superior : Hand speed, Foot work and head movement. I predict he will force Couture to chase him and look to counter Couture's Clinch attempts with a side step and a hook to the head.[/quote']

smh @ mma math

That's not always the case. Rampage beat Jardine and lost to Forrest' date=' but Forrest lost to Jardine. Think about it.[/quote']

The real reason why I place Rashad above Liddell and Couture is simply because of their ages and the Wars Liddell and Couture have been in. Everything takes its toll on the Body and it has started to show in both Liddell and Couture, they just cannot take the shots to the dome anymore. I respect the hell out of both of them and enjoy watching them fight. But they just will continue to have trouble with the younger and more well rounded Guys.

I mean we have to be realistic, it was bound to happen. When the Patriarch Lion of the Pride Ages and Weakens, The Younger, Faster, Stronger Cat runs him off or Kills him to take his place. Same goes for the fight game....... Except for the Killing LoL.

Rashad is too fast for randy, but randy is the over all better boxer.

Rashad has more power, but randy has the better chin.

i think rashad is underated as a wrestler, when GSP says he has problems taking him down it means hes 10 in the business.

i forgot randy was even in lhw, i forgot he beat vera.

Honestly feel like rashad should be ranked a bit higher in this division than randy, considering he just got there and rashads only loss is for the title.

I DONT SEE THIS FIGHT HAPPENING, BUT STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED.

i dont think Evans has ever fought a nobody or a warm up match outside of the ultimate fighter tv show.

I voted Couture but not decisively. Couture's wrestling is greater than Rashad's imho from what i've seen from both and Rashad's stand up is better. However, Vera's stand up i'd probably put in front of Rashads and Couture was able to neutralize Vera with clinching wrestling etc. so hence why I said Couture. Rashad could still land in the exchange though and may do better getting in and out of clinch situations hard to say.

A...the winner of Rashad and Rampage will get the next title fight....thats pretty much a given

B..to whoever said Rashad's gameplan LATELY is to go for takedowns...ummm why? Becuase he did it against Thiago? That was his gameplan for Thiago, and it obviously would be different for Randy.

C... I love how everyone is counting Rashad...(oh yeah it is Rashad and not RashaRd as some jack off keeps putting it)....I know that Rampage poses a lot of problems for Rashad but I feel he can win. I just hope some people on here will finally give him a little respect when he does.

I remember hearing Rashad in an interview about fighting Couture but I cant remember where...anyway

The fight was offered to Rashad after Rampage got into Acting, and Rashad Declined the fight because, a win over Randy, at the time, putted him no where around the top, or maybe he was just ducking a good wrestler.

The only way this fight hapenned IMO is Shogun beat Machida...so Anderson get the next title shot. Then Rashad win over Rampage...and then fight couture for a shot at who-ever hold the title between Shogun and Anderson ( Anderson I would guess ) .

The fight between Randy and Rashad depend on who hold the title. If machida does, the winner of Rampage and Rashad get the shoot no doubt about that

Archived