Duffee rumored to return at UFC 114

towhatend

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17783/heavyweights-todd-duffee-and-mike-russow-agree-to-meet-at-ufc-114-in-may.mma

A heavyweight matchup between top prospect Todd Duffee (6-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and near-12-year veteran Mike Russow (12-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is in the works for UFC 114.

The bout was first reported by The Times of Northwest Indiana's Caged In MMA site, and MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) has since confirmed that both fighters have verbally agreed to the matchup, and bout agreements are expected to be signed shortly.

Although not yet officially announced by the organization, UFC 114 is expected to take place on May 29 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas in conjunction with the UFC's second-ever fan expo.

Duffee seeks to build on the momentum of a shocking, seven-second knockout win over Tim Hague at UFC 102 this past August. The win was officially recorded as the fastest knockout in UFC history.

A back injury has kept the 24-year-old sidelined since his UFC debut, though he has relocated his training from Georgia to Las Vegas in the interim.

Duffee has earned all six of his career wins by knockout or TKO, and five of the victories have come in the first round.

Meanwhile, Russow hopes to build on the momentum of his first UFC win, which also came at UFC 102. Russow's victory was earned via unanimous decision in a much-slower-paced matchup against Justin McCully.

The win was Russow's eighth-straight victory. The 33-year-old put together his current run after suffering his lone career loss to Sergei Kharitonov at PRIDE 33 in February 2007.

Eight of Russow's 12 career wins have been earned by submission.

His win is completely blown out of proportion.

He's fought once. The possibility that he could have landed a lucky punch real fast isn't even an option to some people on these forums. The forums started getting flooded with him vs Brock and how Duffee is like top 5 of the HW and stuff. It's amazing.

You don't see people making threads about people like Terry Etim the first time he won in the Octagon entitled "TERRY ETIM NEXT FIGHT IN 3 MONTHS!" No one even cared until he started winning consecutively.

But for some odd reason, landing 1 punch makes everyone think he's this next great thing.

Not sure why everyone is on the Duffee bandwagon...he's had 1 fight....

haha exactly but i will say even before that fight started i liked duffee and his style i think he will be a good fighter but i dont get the big deal of people bein excited for the next tiem he fights. im more excited to see rolles fight this weekend return of the gracies

He's fought once. The possibility that he could have landed a lucky punch real fast isn't even an option to some people on these forums. The forums started getting flooded with him vs Brock and how Duffee is like top 5 of the HW and stuff. It's amazing.

You don't see people making threads about people like Terry Etim the first time he won in the Octagon entitled "TERRY ETIM NEXT FIGHT IN 3 MONTHS!" No one even cared until he started winning consecutively.

But for some odd reason' date=' landing 1 punch makes everyone think he's this next great thing.[/quote']

Tha't what HW is all about man, 1 punch KO or Sudden Death. And that's what makes this guy interesting coz he have it.

But for some odd reason' date=' landing 1 punch makes everyone think he's this next great thing.[/quote']

his first fight was a 15 second ko, he has 6 fights 6 kos, 5 in the first round so i dont think it was a lucky punch.

and anyone who can ko people with 1 punch can beat anyone. they might not but they have a punchers chance.

his first fight was a 15 second ko' date=' he has 6 fights 6 kos, 5 in the first round so i dont think it was a lucky punch.

and anyone who can ko people with 1 punch can beat anyone. they might not but they have a punchers chance.[/quote']

Yes, but look at Shane Carwin. He's done all of that and more and you don't see nearly as many people on the Carwin bandwagon as you do Duffee's.

Just seems to me that there are a lot of new UFC fans that saw him and suddenly are going crazy. Not saying that it's a bad thing, I like new fans latching on to new fighters, makes it exciting for all of us. But I am saying there are lots of other fighters who don't get recognized for doing things more than getting a ko in their first fight.

Yes' date=' but look at Shane Carwin. He's done all of that and more and you don't see nearly as many people on the Carwin bandwagon as you do Duffee's.

Just seems to me that there are a lot of new UFC fans that saw him and suddenly are going crazy. Not saying that it's a bad thing, I like new fans latching on to new fighters, makes it exciting for all of us. But I am saying there are lots of other fighters who don't get recognized for doing things more than getting a ko in their first fight.[/quote']

yes Carwin is more impressive to me since he has 11 first round finishes but he still doesnt have a 7 second ko.

and your right alot of UFC fans jump on the bandwagon. I know there good but Chuck and Randy are prime examples, there great dont get me wrong but alot of there fame is just from being popular and doin the rright thing at the right time.

OH my gosh Bang Ludwig should have the record KO of like 4 seconds when he beat Goulet, let's all hop on it and start going crazy about him. This is not that interesting of a fight. After watching Russow's fight I'm sure Duffee will beat him in the 1st round and I don't care for Duffee seeing how he talks to all the fans on the underground forums.

First off there's not more on the band waggon of Duffee then Carwin there's 5 times the Carwin threads vs. Duffee threads.

Second, this guy is a big powerful atheltic heavy weight which is exciting to see. I watched him fight Assuerio Silva who's a pretty tough guy and Duffee completely dominated him with very little experience.

Third, he's young and could be around a long time.

Fourth, the sevon second knockout definitely spikes interest.

Archived