hershel walker makes 600$ for his fight

xerodeathz

doesnt anyone else find it stupid that hershel walker made only 600 bucks for his fight against nagy. Im mean come on i know he aint a top contender but at least pay the man for having the courage to step in their with not a lot of experience. nagy actually made 5,000. hope that charity he donated his purse to is happy because they shouldve received at least 5,000 like nagy.

I don't see Herschel complaining. Besides, Herschel said he wanted to fight to just try it. The guy has already made his fortune in football and his businesses. Money was the last thing on his mind when it came to entering the cage. He just felt like he wanted a challenge. I've heard his interviews on Howard and Bubba and he keeps iterating how much he just wanted to try it out.

Also, I doubt the charity is complaining much about that $600. It's a charity, why would the complain about a donation?

What I find more interesting is the amount of money that was paid to Heiron and Riggs. They made more money on the undercard then some of the main card fights. That really should have been a maincard fight. Although, from what I hear, it was a pretty boring match.

Main card

Nick Diaz $100,000 (no win bonus) def. Marius Zaromskis $30,000

Cris “Cyborg” Santos $35,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus and $5,000 championship bonus) def. Marloes Coenen $2,000

Herschel Walker $600 (no win bonus) def. Greg Nagy $5,000

Robbie Lawler $100,000 (no win bonus) def. Melvin Manhoef $5,000

Bobby Lashley $50,000 (no win bonus) def. Wes Sims $25,000

Undercard

Jay Hieron $65,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus) def. Joe Riggs $30,000

Pablo Alfonso $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus) def. Marcos DaMotta $2,500

Hadar Hassan $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Ryan Keenan $2,000

John Kelly $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Sabah Homasi $1,000

Michael Byrnes $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. David Zitnik $1,500

David Gomez $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Craig Oxley $1,500

Joe Ray $1,500 (includes $500 win bonus) def. John Clarke $1,000

undercard fighters got paid more, jay hieron got a wedge to say he was undercard

"Additionally, as MMAjunkie.com reported over the weekend, former NFL great and MMA newcomer Herschel Walker also earned "six figures" for his fight, according to Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker, though his disclosed pay was just $600. Walker likely earned the rest as a signing bonus or through some other arrangement that's not reflected in the commission's official numbers."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17790/strikeforce-miami-fighter-salaries-nick-diaz-and-robbie-lawler-each-earn-100000.mma

Walker obviously does not want any income from MMA for some tax reasons.

no he stated well before his fight it was for charity

he has made his fortune already in life so why not do what he did, first match with an organization like Strikeforce and he fights for Charity, very respectful and a great way to get yourself noticed and introduced

blah, just saw your name as cagerattler nvm no point lol

I don't see Herschel complaining. Besides' date=' Herschel said he wanted to fight to just try it. The guy has already made his fortune in football and his businesses. Money was the last thing on his mind when it came to entering the cage. He just felt like he wanted a challenge. I've heard his interviews on Howard and Bubba and he keeps iterating how much he just wanted to try it out.

Also, I doubt the charity is complaining much about that $600. It's a charity, why would the complain about a donation?

What I find more interesting is the amount of money that was paid to Heiron and Riggs. They made more money on the undercard then some of the main card fights. That really should have been a maincard fight. Although, from what I hear, it was a pretty boring match.[/quote']

well said

walkers attitude is good for mma' date=' .. I wish him success :)[/quote']

I saw image emulation in Strikeforce this past event. Lashley trying to be hyped up as Strikeforce's Lesnar(with humility) and Walker trying to be hyped as the Strikeforce version of Couture.

Maybe I'm just thinking too deep into this, but it seems like Strikeforce isn't as dumb as people think. Emulating the big boy in the biz down to image duplication.

I saw image emulation in Strikeforce this past event. Lashley trying to be hyped up as Strikeforce's Lesnar(with humility) and Walker trying to be hyped as the Strikeforce version of Couture.

Maybe I'm just thinking too deep into this' date=' but it seems like Strikeforce isn't as dumb as people think. Emulating the big boy in the biz down to image duplication.[/quote']

I agree on the Lesnar part. And really, it's a good strategy. There is only one problem. In mma Lashley isn't a heel and doesn't garner the amount of talk that any statements Lesnar would make. Love or Hate Lesnar, he draws in the WWE crowd by playing up the trash talking and what not.

As far as Walker being Couture, I don't think so. I think a better comparison would be him being marketed as a BigBabby or a Kimbo Slice. A big hulk of a man with little MMA experience but with a ton of power.

Maybe I'm just thinking too deep into this' date=' but it seems like Strikeforce isn't as dumb as people think. Emulating the big boy in the biz down to image duplication.[/quote']

.. I believe they will improve dramatically within the next year, & yes .. strikeforce

has a plan ;)

Archived