BJ Penn excited for UFC 112 bout

The_Power

The lightweight champ talks to Fighters Only:

"I am happy at 155lbs right now and am looking forward to fighting Frankie. I have a tough opponent in front of me at UFC 112. I don?t think any champion can really ?clean out? a division because there are so many great fighters coming through all the time as soon as you beat one guy another one just as good is ready for his try. I think a champion just has to keep going through these guys, beating these guys and build a legacy. I am too experienced; I?ve been doing this for too long to underestimate anyone at this level. As far as my aspirations to go back up to welterweight and fight GSP again, I am going to have to wait. I do want to be the welterweight champion again, I want to fight GSP again and I am always interested in moving up, I have done that in the past, looked beyond what I had to do, and I won?t be looking past Frankie Edgar."

As much as watching BJ get pummeled like a prison snitch again would be enjoyable he doesn't deserve another title shot and would get absolutely worked by a number of the top welterweights.

Just stick to beating second rate reality show contestants BJ so your delusional fans can continue to rave about how you're the greatest of all time.

maybe he just doesn't wanna do the whole I'm gonna kill you think again and look like an even bigger fool

Or he noticed how being a humble / respectful person could gain you a lot of notariaty with fans and thus increasing the hits to bjpenn.com = $$$$$$ LoL

But in all seriousness i think he's grown up a little and the GSP thrashing seriously humbled him. He talked so much sh!t and barely landed a punch and was forced to quit.

That'll humble someone real quick, quicker than swick !!!

bj is one of the best p4p mma fighters of all time...

how are we delusional. for one, the guy has never been sub'd , or really even hurt. i dont think i have ever seen anyone a) give him a cut B) stun him c) control him (unless they were naturally bigger (gsp) bottom line is have you ever seen bj in trouble in a fight unless his cardio got him there?

Archived