Heavyweight division

frankz331

I am getting real tired of hearing ppl say the HW division is weak so I am asking this question to all of the ppl who say or agree that it is weak name a better crop of HW fighters in any 1 orgaization than these guys.

Mir

Lesner

Carwin

Gonzaga

Cain

Nog

nelson

crocop

yvel

dosantos

People say it's weak because the other UFC divisions are so stacked with competition. Your right that this is the best HW group in any organization, but on a whole it is weaker than other divisions.

I made a thread similar to this because I wanted to know which division people thought was the most stacked.

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=19744&highlight=division+deepest

If you look at the lists I think you will agree.

Well of course there is no better crop of fighters in any ONE MMA organization that we know of, unless there's some secret underground private fight-league that we don't know about, similar to the Bloodsport style of the Kumite..... HOWEVER, there is one guy out there named Fedor. I bet Tim Sylvia would still be very competitive in the UFC. I'm pretty excited to see guys like JDS and Cain stepping up. I think Cro-Cop is done as a competitive force in the HW division.

I am getting real tired of hearing ppl say the HW division is weak so I am asking this question to all of the ppl who say or agree that it is weak name a better crop of HW fighters in any 1 orgaization than these guys.

Mir

Lesner

Carwin

Gonzaga

Cain

Nog

nelson

crocop

yvel

dosantos

Please tell me why Roy Nelson deserves to be on the same list as the other fighters on there?

And you are right, the talent pool for the heavyweight division in UFC is very solid now, inlcuding people you listed up there, They also have great gatekeepers such as Check Kongo, Pual Buentello, Todd Duffee, and Patrick Berry who are all talented as well. . .

Mir

Lesner

Carwin

Gonzaga

Cain

Nog

nelson

crocop

yvel

dosantos

It is hard to tell how stacked it is.Hardly any of these so called stacked HW have fought each other.If you want to really find out,cut through the Dana BS machine and have them start fighting each other.Lesnar vs Carwin.Mir vs Cain and so on.The other weight divisions top fighters except for the HW's do it.Let them start fighting each other and let the winners sort it out.

cause if you knew anything about grappling you would know he has a world class ground game and is not to shabby with his hands

True but still i'm damn sure he is not in title contention, nor will he ever hold the belt like most of the people on this list, nor will he ever get the chance too IMO. . .

therefor he doesn't belong on this list of the best HW's in the UFC. . . :)

It is hard to tell how stacked it is.Hardly any of these so called stacked HW have fought each other.If you want to really find out' date='cut through the Dana BS machine and have them start fighting each other.Lesnar vs Carwin.Mir vs Cain and so on.The other weight divisions top fighters except for the HW's do it.Let them start fighting each other and let the winners sort it out.[/quote']

Thank you for stating exactly what the UFC is already doing. . .

Mir .. ok except for loss to lhw loser vera

Lesner .. Lesnar the pretender 3-1 ufc/rec :rolleyes:

Carwin .. never fought past 2:11

Gonzaga .. inconsistant w/ loss to Carwin

Cain .. unproven

Nog .. 0-3 vs Fedor & whooped by Mir

nelson .. :rolleyes:

crocop .. used-up

yvel .. Barnetts' house-boy

dosantos .. will never fight Rodrigo & have not seen his ground-game

... very shallow

Well of course there is no better crop of fighters in any ONE MMA organization that we know of' date=' unless there's some secret underground private fight-league that we don't know about, similar to the Bloodsport style of the Kumite..... HOWEVER, there is one guy out there named Fedor. I bet Tim Sylvia would still be very competitive in the UFC. I'm pretty excited to see guys like JDS and Cain stepping up. I think Cro-Cop is done as a competitive force in the HW division.[/quote']

This guy? I wouldn't mind seeing him come back, but I don't really miss him too much.

Also, there is one guy named Fedor, but he's not showing much interest in coming to the UFC, so oh well, and the strength of the heavyweight division doesn't depend solely on the presence or lack of Fedor. The UFC's got plenty of good heavyweights. It's currently the most interesting division in my opinion.

noob' date=' your list is embarrassing :rolleyes:[/quote']

i am a noob ok so now i look at your list

fedor -omg plz fight somone real in the last 2 years

barnett- roids

silva -enough said are you serious would be a joke in ufc hw division today

werdum- koed by cingo and taken out like last weeks trash by the ufc

rodgers- hm 2 words sams club trained a whole year parttime wow

arlovski -tried to kill him self very stable

king mo- fights at 205 guess you were running out of losers to post

lashley -ill dodge any half decent fighter they push my way

overeem - wont fight anywere were the test for roids hm

well you loose again good day sir lol

i am a noob ok so now i look at your list

fedor -omg plz fight somone real in the last 2 years

barnett- roids

silva -enough said are you serious would be a joke in ufc hw division today

werdum- koed by cingo and taken out like last weeks trash by the ufc

rodgers- hm 2 words sams club trained a whole year parttime wow

arlovski -tried to kill him self very stable

king mo- fights at 205 guess you were running out of losers to post

lashley -ill dodge any half decent fighter they push my way

overeem - wont fight anywere were the test for roids hm

well you loose again good day sir lol

pitiful, your completely lost w/o SCO .. try knitting.com

... you can be banned for that comment' date=' & the fact that you put nelson, yvel, & gonzaga

on your list pretty much says it all noob ... :P[/quote']

Is noob the cool new insult?

by the way your name is spelled wrong. Was there really a Berserker101 already taken. If so you should have chosen another name.

Is noob the cool new insult?

by the way your name is spelled wrong. Was there really a Berserker101 already taken. If so you should have chosen another name.

you are either richsparxx or mrslant, .... noob is not an insult, its a fact, & Berserker is a copyright ...

........... excuse me, gotta step away for a few

you are either richsparxx or mrslant' date=' .... noob is not an insult, its a fact, & Berserker is a copyright ...

........... excuse me, gotta step away for a few[/quote']

Neither.....

Coming from another person Noob is an opinion and as such an insult to the receiving party.

I stand corrected on your name. Although I think your being a little too cautious. I doubt that having Berserker as your UFC forum handle would be considered copyright infringement. If you were somehow making money off of this account with that name it might be a different story. I could be wrong though.

Plz ban me so i dont have to read posting of some moron calling tim silvya a top hw

and talking about guys who work at sams club and cant pass drug tests.

PLZ PLZ any one else buying his crap.

Neither.....

Coming from another person Noob is an opinion and as such an insult to the receiving party.

I stand corrected on your name. Although I think your being a little too cautious. I doubt that having Berserker as your UFC forum handle would be considered copyright infringement. If you were somehow making money off of this account with that name it might be a different story. I could be wrong though.

well, here is a prime example of noobism mr technique, this guy is trying to say I had tim sylvia on my list & he could not even spell sylvia, ... ANTONIO BIGFOOT SILVA noob ... you should ban yourself & your childish uneducated banter ...

well' date=' here is a prime example of noobism mr technique, this guy is trying to say I had tim sylvia on my list & he could not even spell sylvia, ... ANTONIO BIGFOOT SILVA noob ... you should ban yourself & your childish uneducated banter ...[/quote']

Fair enough lol. Your persistent I'll give you that.

Neither.....

... some people here take offense to bro also, & I guess its subjective ...

for the record, I do not intend noob as an insult .. I prefer to think it inspires the member

to do a little homework before posting ... ;)

wow sorry for mixing up a name still means nothing I would put the 10 guys you listed againts the 10 guys i listed any day of the week and twice on sunday and all of my guys fight for the same company in the UFC HW division you wanna be the best fight the best every time you fight like the UFC champs.

I think morons just like typing owned and noob on this form it gives them a sense of purpose in life i guess but back to the real subject of ppl who say the ufc hw division is weak and the reasons they say that.

We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now' date=' thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.:P:p:p[/b']

jds will own this division once nog is gone

Your posts are just obnoxious and delusional. That's a random statement that doesn't belong in this thread. We were talking about whether it's weak or not. It may be a correct statement but come on man.

Plus Machida is not and will never be the P4P best.

Historically...the HW division has been the weakest skill wise.

The UFC HW division has never been better. It's still the weakest division in the UFC' date=' but...it is improving.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

Please explain to me how the HW division is weaker then the LW or MW divsions? I'm not trying to be an **** I really want to know how someone can draw this conclusion because I have no idea how honestly.

p.s. I do agree that historically it's ben a weak division in the days of Tim Sylvia being the champ

Please tell me why Roy Nelson deserves to be on the same list as the other fighters on there?

And you are right' date=' the talent pool for the heavyweight division in UFC is very solid now, inlcuding people you listed up there, They also have great gatekeepers such as Check Kongo, Pual Buentello, Todd Duffee, and Patrick Berry who are all talented as well. . .[/quote']

CroCop is pretty bad now too tho

Archived