MMA Dads where's their place in MMA

fosure

As the UFC continues to make MMA bigger and bigger, we're all going to have kids and I know I don't play football, or basketball I fight, so that's the direction I will more then likely point my son. One of my writers came up with this idea for story and It really got me thinking. Am I going be a corner man dad yelling at my son to keep his hands up, or be forced to sit on the side lines while he runs a ball up the field or court.

http://www.buddhasport.com/community/futureofmma/

when i first start pursuin mma my parents and grandpa thought it was to brutal but they got to learn about the sport and i have taught them a lot..My papa watches fights all the time now..used to be boxin but now its pretty much mma..dad watches it when he can but he doesnt no a lot about the ground game..He always asks me if he can be in my corner..My dad would want to work in my corner for every fight and i would love to do that someday as well..

teach him as much as you can, you would be surprised how well a kid could pick up all that stuff with some genuine interest. next ufc champ??? whoaa

i used to box with my father for hours on end when i was young (scrappy little boy hah)

probably why i love boxing, and people say i can punch extremely hard :P

i would teach my boy, see what martial art he likes (i tried karate when i was young, yuck)

good life skills for a boy too

my 6 year old son is mad into mma, he loves every bit of it i train here at the arena gym in san diego, and he comes in with me some days just to watch, but he does get into it a bit and in 2 years im gonna get him in to full JJ training and boxing.

plus hes a beast on the UFC undisputed game, hes a level 61... for a 6 year old thats pretty good

Archived