who are the least talented ufc fighters who could beat the strikeforce champs?

Craig_M

i think all the ufc champs would defeat the strikeforce champs, so who are the least skilled ufc fighters who could defeat the strikeforce champs. i think:-

velasques or JDS could t(ko) overeem

thiago silva could give mousasi a good fight

maia would sub sheilds

kos has enough striking skills to hang with diaz, and could wrestle his way to a UD

maynard or edgar to beat melendez

your thoughts?

i think all the ufc champs would defeat the strikeforce champs' date=' so who are the least skilled ufc fighters who could defeat the strikeforce champs. i think:-

maia would sub sheilds

kos has enough striking skills to hang with diaz, and could wrestle his way to a UD

your thoughts?[/quote']

i wouldnt say these guys are the least skilled..

i think all the ufc champs would defeat the strikeforce champs' date=' so who are the least skilled ufc fighters who could defeat the strikeforce champs. i think:-

maia would sub sheilds

your thoughts?[/quote']

I think Machida would get tooled by Mousasi. And Lesnar would probably lose to Overeem.

Other than that the only close fight would be Diaz/GSP but GSP would proably grind out a decision.

First off, I'm not sure what your topic is trying to accomplish. It has a very negative connotation that suggests that lesser talent in the UFC are better than Strikeforce Champions.

Anyways, here are my comments on your picks:

HW

Cain wouldn't stand a chance against Overeem. Overeem's standup is years beyond Cain. Cain would have to take it to the ground, and I doubt he'd be able to hold Overeem down.

JDS and Overeem would be a good fight, but I'd have to give the edge to Overeem for his K1 background. JDS is really under-rated, and just hasn't been given a shot at the top of the pile fighters.

I think a better fight would be Carwin vs Overeem or Brock vs Overeem. Overeem would be in real trouble with those two due to their size and wrestling ability. Overeem would have to keep it on his feet to win.

LHW

Thiago Silva vs Mousassi would be a good fight but I think Mousassi would take it. I would rather see Anderson Silva vs Mousassi.

MW

Maia wouldn't submit Shields. Remember, Shields has the wrestling and the JJ experience. I see this going to decision with Shields coming out on top because of his ability to smother his opponent.

Shields vs Marquardt would be a definite loss for Shields. I think stylistically, a better fight would be Sexiyama vs Shields. Sexiyama would have the advantage on the feet but Shields would have it on the ground.

WW

Diaz would beat Kos. Diaz I feel is under-rated by UFC fans. They just remember him from his stint with the UFC which was in 2006, nearly 4 years ago. Diaz would have only been about 23 or so and was coming off of a 2 win fight streak. The Diaz we see now is not the same Diaz we know now. I think he would most likely beat any other WW in the WW division other than GSP. I would like to see a rematch between Diaz and Diego Sanchez. They are both more experienced and now that Diego moved back up in weight it would be possible.

LW

I'll agree with you on the Maynard/Egar beating Melendez. I think it would be a better fight than you may think, but the result would be the same with Melendez losing. Many rankings don't even have Melendez as a top 10 LW, or at #10. Melendez will most likely lose the title anyways when he faces Aoki.

I think Machida would get tooled by Mousasi. And Lesnar would probably lose to Overeem.

Other than that the only close fight would be Diaz/GSP but GSP would proably grind out a decision.

Lesnar would lose to Overeem?

Dude, Lesnar would charge him and it would be a repeat of the last Mir fight/Crazy horse fight. Standing. Yes, Overeem would have it but when do we see Brock wanting to kickbox it out.

maia would sub sheilds

your thoughts?[/quote']

i find it funny when you think the guys in Strikeforce are just dog **** fighters

look dude, these Strikeforce guys are for real, just like the UFC guys and i would say a lot of the Strikeforce guys would come to the UFC and run some show

kinda pisses me off, UFC so great UFC the best, UFC only good org. if your not in the UFC you suck blah blah blah

shut up

Lesnar would lose to Overeem?

Dude' date=' Lesnar would charge him and it would be a repeat of the last Mir fight/Crazy horse fight. Standing. Yes, Overeem would have it but when do we see Brock wanting to kickbox it out.[/quote']

Obviously I disagree. I think Overeem would take Lesnar out easily.

And stop calling me dude.

i find it funny when you think the guys in Strikeforce are just dog **** fighters

look dude' date=' these Strikeforce guys are for real, just like the UFC guys and i would say a lot of the Strikeforce guys would come to the UFC and run some show

kinda pisses me off, UFC so great UFC the best, UFC only good org. if your not in the UFC you suck blah blah blah

shut up[/quote']

i didnt mean that fighters with no talent could beat the SF champs, i meant that the most talented UFC fighters in each weight class would beat the SF champs. (probably)

I think in mma, anyone can be TKO'd. Including iron chin guys like Fedor, Hendo, Page etc. A huge shot lands, drops em, punches from the top end the fight. The guy on bottom can get up and not have lost consciousness and be pretty annoyed with themselves, but he couldn't defend himself, got rocked and it's a TKO none the less.

For this reason, i think Overeem can beat any HW. Not saying he'd the best, just mean he has the capeability. JDS 100% the same, and could beat him too, that's a great K1 style fight, would LOVE to see it.

Kongo will TKO Fedor

Killa B will beat Nick Diaz

Marquadt will KO Hendo

Vera will beat Moussasi

Tha's how talented UFC are' date=' that even their not so talented fighters will beat those SF champs.[/quote']

dear god help this child...

Fedor would make Kongo look like an amateur.

Nick Diaz and Killa B would be a good fight but Diaz would outclass him

Hendo and Nate would be a good fight. But I think Hendo would take it.

Mousassi would smash Vera with ease.

and you just said that Marquardt, Killa B, and Vera are not so talented. You shouldn't be allowed to speak. Raise your hand from now on.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

dear god help this child...

Fedor would make Kongo look like an amateur.

Nick Diaz and Killa B would be a good fight but Diaz would outclass him

Hendo and Nate would be a good fight. But I think Hendo would take it.

Mousassi would smash Vera with ease.

and you just said that Marquardt' date=' Killa B, and Vera are not so talented. You shouldn't be allowed to speak. Raise your hand from now on.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.[/quote']

marquadt will be beaten by Bisping. Killa B will never go places in WW. Vera is already past his prime, I didn't see his Muay Thai skills anymore.

marquadt will be beaten by Bisping. Killa B will never go places in WW. Vera is already past his prime' date=' I didn't see his Muay Thai skills anymore.[/quote']

But you said Marquardt would beat Hendo. And Bisping couldn't do s*** with Hendo. So that must mean Marquardt is a better fighter than Hendo is, and if Bisping looked like crap against Hendo he'll certainly look bad against Nate.

Killa B may not be a title contender but he couldn't beat Nick Diaz. Diaz could be a title contender in the UFC.

Lesnar would probably lose to Overeem.

i think Overeem has a good chance against Brock

Obviously I disagree. I think Overeem would take Lesnar out easily.

And stop calling me dude.

But you said Marquardt would beat Hendo. And Bisping couldn't do s*** with Hendo. So that must mean Marquardt is a better fighter than Hendo is' date=' and if Bisping looked like crap against Hendo he'll certainly look bad against Nate.

Killa B may not be a title contender but he couldn't beat Nick Diaz. Diaz could be a title contender in the UFC.

... two completely different levels of mma, overeem would annihilate lesnar within the first 2 minutes

But you said Marquardt would beat Hendo. And Bisping couldn't do s*** with Hendo. So that must mean Marquardt is a better fighter than Hendo is' date=' and if Bisping looked like crap against Hendo he'll certainly look bad against Nate.

Bisping is dominating Hendo before that one lucky punch. but if they meet again the for the 2nd time, I think the result would be different. Maybe that's why Hendo leaves UFC anyway, he's afraid to face Bisping again.

Bisping is dominating Hendo before that one lucky punch. but if they meet again the for the 2nd time' date=' I think the result would be different. Maybe that's why Hendo leaves UFC anyway, he's afraid to face Bisping again.[/quote']

Dominating huh? Do you even watch fights?

What was Bisping doing that was so 'dominate'? Landing a few jabs that were doing no damage.

The result would be the same. 9/10 times Hendo beats Bisping's a**. And I only say 9/10 cause i feel bad for Bisping.

Id say strikeforce is only a lesser organization due to depth. Their high end talent is right up there with Fedor, Werdum, Arlovski(eventually), Overeem, Mousassi, Hendo, Babalu, Sheilds, Le, Diaz, Thompson, Melendez.

I think every one of those guys would be competitive in their respective division.

Why is it when people are cheering for fighters they tend to root more to the under dog, but with strikeforece, everyone is just itching to count them out?

I think if you take the top fighter in either of SF division, and go toe to toe with UFC champs, their fights would be more competative than some of the recent title shots ufc has handed out.

Ala, hardy, cote, griffin, lesnar, carwin, sanchez, leites, gonzaga, and the list goes on. In my eyes, both these organizations need to grow, and start competing with other main stream sports, rather than eachother.

Archived