how do so many wrestlers have ko punching power

Craig_M

That Peirce guy Fitch fought had some power. Hendo, Rampage, Rashad, Koscheck... Loads of wrestlers who have good KO power imo.

It's not so much wrestlers, usualy just people unwilling to learn or maybe just not very good at striking arts. There's even alot of strikers who don't have much KO power, sometimes it's genetic.

If you heard wrestlers generaly have bad KO power, it's a myth.

That Peirce guy Fitch fought had some power. Hendo' date=' Rampage, Rashad, Koscheck... Loads of wrestlers who have good KO power imo.

It's not so much wrestlers, usualy just people unwilling to learn or maybe just not very good at striking arts. There's even alot of strikers who don't have much KO power, sometimes it's genetic.

If you heard wrestlers generaly have bad KO power, it's a myth.[/quote']

a lil off topic, but anyone know what is next for peirce?

Punching power is something you are born with, you don't even have to be that strong to have great KO power (look at Brock on his feet he doesn't seem that dangerous) but it does help. Look at Dan Hardy, he is not the biggest or strongest guy but his KO power is tremendous.

So maybe some wrestlers focus on wrestling because they know they do not have the greatest punching power but a lot of them do have KO power also, such as Rashad Evans, Jackson and Henderson.

if you see wrestlers that have been at it for along time especially the ones who compete at top lvls they all have one thing in common...termendous upper body strength...good example would be if you saw those olympic male gymnasts...everyone of them have incredibly developed shoulders and biceps and triceps..from years of training in there sport...this should give you aheads up about there crazy knock-out power

I think that wrestlers have the power but what it comes down to you're still gonna fight where you feel comfortable. I was trained to use my stand-up to set up the takedown and work the ground game i.e. where i feel more comfortable. Wrestlers have amazing core strength which translates into a lot of punching power.....

first time ever i have to say Lesnar...and oh boy it eats me so much that he has all the power in da world do whatever he wants but result is, he always wants ****** hiding...even though he could knock peeps out just like that...but nooooooooo..it has to go wrestling..****** hiding...

is it just thier training? or do you just need the same physical attributes to be a good wrestler as you need for ko power?

anyone know?

There's a saying in boxing that " You cannot teah Power '. Look at those boxers with power like Mike Tyson, they didn't have so much training like those wrestling athlete. Power is there by birth. I doubt if Sonny Liston has that dedicated training also.

Why would lesnar stand and bang when he knows he has a massive advantage on the ground over most of his opponents? hes also new to the sport where others have been training striking their whole lives possibly.

I just defended brock lesnar lolol.

because he gets owned if he keeps up wrestling game..by Frank Mir

I think that wrestlers have the power but what it comes down to you're still gonna fight where you feel comfortable. I was trained to use my stand-up to set up the takedown and work the ground game i.e. where i feel more comfortable. Wrestlers have amazing core strength which translates into a lot of punching power.....

Yes. When I wrestled' date=' a majority of our conditioning was geared towards core strength and cardio. BTW, you would be amazed at how many workouts develop both at the same time. Like timed wind sprints with a partner on your back. Yes really, we did that. I'm not saying I'm Mr. Super Athlete...but I'm 280 lbs (1about 125 kilos), and my first 4 steps or so are quicker than many guys half my size at my gym. I'm not a technically sound boxer at all, but I could regularly knock guys down in MCMAP sessions in the Marines.

I read somewhere a lot the knockout power develops from the explosiveness they use in wrestling shoots.

That would be my best guess. Since a shot involves your whole body-especially when shooting a single leg and turning the corner-I would think you're right. You are utilizing alot of the same fast twitch muscle fibers, just in a different direction, It's all about delivering the most amount of force in the shortest amount of time possible.

I agree' date=' but if wrestlers applied themselves to boxing/striking

like they did to wrestleling they be deadly, but they just dont.

my 2-cents.[/quote']

Tell that to Chuck Liddell.

Archived